• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Martyn    5
You weren't the only Liverpool fan infact Rajputwarrior used to love the banter then he disappeared when he joined Staff...and Sabatime I think was another...just none had the knowledge and nouse that you do to reply...most just went on their daily business.

Don't forget my deuzy baby. I love that guy :wub:

haha...I love the banter here without it the thread would be boring :p

I can hear Martyn now planning next years thread already.

I never get the opportunity to make a thread, some quick witted fella will probably start one the second Man Utd win the title.

I get much more enjoyment from winding people up anyway ;)

Mike    89
United got lucky... Again, their opponents bottled it... again

Makes me wonder when more of their opponents are actually gonna have the balls to beat them. Hopefully Barcelona will oblige :D

Yup, we were real lucky not to score 2 or 3 in the first half! :rolleyes: It had nothing to do with bottle, Wigan weren't exactly camping their penalty area after they scored, if you actually watched the match the second half was similar to the first except we took the chances we had.

Anyway, did anyone else notice that there were no cards given by Rob Styles last night? Must be a first! :p

Steven P.    14,242

Only saw the second half, and in typical Man U style they managed to turn a deficit into a win (again). Shame for Liverpool who have never won a Premier League title despite finishing consistently in the top 4 lol.

Tevez was awesome again, can't believe there's no clarification on whether he's staying or not?

Martyn    5
Shame for Liverpool who have never won a Premier League title despite finishing consistently in the top 4 lol.

Ah yes, because we all know football was invented in 1992 by Sky.

deuz    2

sigh... the year is over..=\

all dam year they had the game in hand(manu).....alwaays giving me false hope. but eh what can you do i reckon theyll do better next year because they started damn slow this year(liverpool)...i hope 4 next year they just buy one expensive ass striker and stop shuffling the players around...

hahah<3 martyn.... when i came there i didnt get to go to a game due to other stuff but i got a torres jersey which i wear when ever liverpool win( was gutted after chelsea won in champoins league....had my shirt ready and everything but when i go to uni all i see if chelsea shirts :( ) hopefully i can go to uk again and go to a liverpool game( but from what i saw it daaaam hard)

this yr was manu's....they were just consistent...

Subject Delta    108

:laugh: the John Terry image always makes me giggle.

this yr was manu's....they were just consistent...

I don't really agree with that, they have lost more games than Liverpool this year, and underproduced in a lot of games that they won. If it wern't for Liverpool being held up by sides that play defensively we would have had the title wrapped up a month ago. Still, it looks like that weakness has been resolved towards the end of the season and I expect Liverpool to mount an even bigger challenge next year

Martyn    5
hahah<3 martyn.... when i came there i didnt get to go to a game due to other stuff but i got a torres jersey which i wear when ever liverpool win( was gutted after chelsea won in champoins league....had my shirt ready and everything but when i go to uni all i see if chelsea shirts :( ) hopefully i can go to uk again and go to a liverpool game( but from what i saw it daaaam hard)

I remember you saying you where planning on coming over to Liverpool. Did you enjoy yourself? Where did you go?

Kick those Chelsea fans in the **** mate ;)

I don't really agree with that, they have lost more games than Liverpool this year, and underproduced in a lot of games that they won. If it wern't for Liverpool being held up by sides that play defensively we would have had the title wrapped up a month ago. Still, it looks like that weakness has been resolved towards the end of the season and I expect Liverpool to mount an even bigger challenge next year

I think the title was lost in January, when we failed to win a single league game.

gregb0b    11
I remember you saying you where planning on coming over to Liverpool. Did you enjoy yourself? Where did you go?

Kick those Chelsea fans in the **** mate ;)

I think the title was lost in January, when we failed to win a single league game.

Yet:

mytable.jpg

lawl :). Just ordered my new chelsea jersey today

nothuman    0

I'll wait to May 28th to buy a new Man U shirt.

Subject Delta    108

So far, Liverpool only have a new away kit. Unless they bring a new home kit out, i'll stick with the 08/09 kit I already have :p

Green_Eye    49

Has West Ham's new kit been revealed?

I hate the SBOBET logo smack bang in the middle of the shirt it looks :x

Kralik    3

Arsenal's new away kit is black I think.. so far no pics on the website.. I'll wait to see what it looks like before ordering my number 23 Arshavin shirt :p

Damo R.    29,658
Has West Ham's new kit been revealed?

I hate the SBOBET logo smack bang in the middle of the shirt it looks :x

Not yet but I agree I hope they change the way the sponsor is displayed.

Martyn    5
lawl :).

It was meant to be humourous tbh tbf lol x

Damo R.    29,658

Now its over!

Equal all time record holders I think? 18 for Liverpool and 18 for Man Utd.

shaywood    0

Best team won over the season, Liverpool run them close though.

Hopefully Liverpool will build on this next season and run them close again.

Rafa needs to raid Valencia in the summer, maybe bring in Silva and Villa.

nothuman    0

We're already heroes. That's a fact.

BigGiantHead    4
Equal all time record holders I think? 18 for Liverpool and 18 for Man Utd.

Yep. 18 apiece.

Liverpool ran us really close this season, glad we prevailed in the end. Was hoping we'd do it in the mold of the CL semis (couldn't watch either of them), but i don't have any complaints.

Cheers Martyn, it'll probably be 19 for one of them next year.

Crazysah    7

Congrats to Manchester United but next season neither Chelsea nor Man Utd will win it!

Martyn    5
Cheers Martyn, it'll probably be 19 for one of them next year.

As much as it hurts, congratulations (Y)

We had you lot well and truly rattled for a while after we beat you 4-1, before then the league was a mere formality for Man Utd. The turning point for you was the late Macheda goal against Aston Villa.

It has been a season of progress in the league for Liverpool. If we win our final two games we will have amassed 86 points, our highest total since we won the league last. Similarly, we will be the only team in the history of the Premier League to have lost fewer than three games and not won the league.

Congrats to Manchester United but next season neither Chelsea nor Man Utd will win it!

Bolton?

Damo R.    29,658

Yeah my predictions would be Bolton or Stoke :p

I am disappointed that we failed today and that's europe gone...but in a way we need to sort our club out before Europe.

Kralik    3

The biggest question now is.. Is New Castle going down?

Damo R.    29,658
The biggest question now is.. Is New Castle going down?

Could be out of their hands now in a way...they will need to win but other results I think could go against them.

Subject Delta    108

My gut feeling is that Newcastle are going down. Personally I feel a little disappointed as I feel that United kinda stumbled their way over the line in all honesty, but it is a season of positives for Liverpool and I feel the form in the run in has given me the confidence that we will be an even bigger threat to united next season.

Begrudgingly though I congratulate them, another title under the belt.

Damo R.    29,658

Yeah I wonder, we could help Boro on their way next week...I doubt we will beat them tho :rofl: