• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Subject Delta    108

Wenger is an excellent manager, but at this moment in time the Arsenal squad is still in transition. I am sure they will win something again soon, its just a matter of time. Also, amazing how the same group of players that where rubbish under Scolari are so much better under Hiddink, the power of motivation is clearly demonstrated there

gregb0b    11
Wenger is an excellent manager, but at this moment in time the Arsenal squad is still in transition. I am sure they will win something again soon, its just a matter of time. Also, amazing how the same group of players that where rubbish under Scolari are so much better under Hiddink, the power of motivation is clearly demonstrated there

Motivation isn't the only thing Hiddink brings to the table..... He is known as one of the most brilliant tactical managers ever to coach soccer.

gregb0b    11

Tottenham captain Ledley King apologises following allegations of assault

Tottenham's Ledley King has apologised to manager Harry Redknapp following his arrest outside a central London nightclub following an alleged assault.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...of-assault.html

idioot    4
I was completely puzzled about team selection today :blink:

I couldn't understand why Wenger didn't play Arshavin against Chelsea in FA Cup and again today. What goes on in that head of his?

Arshavin was sick yesterday. Don't know about the FA Cup :p

Motivation isn't the only thing Hiddink brings to the table..... He is known as one of the most brilliant tactical managers ever to coach soccer.

Too bad that talent goes to waste in the Russian team who will never win anything :p

mail    10
scouse-keyboard-eh-eh-eh-calm-down-calm-down-anon.jpg

Martyn    5

Do one la.

Subject Delta    108

Yep, I'd agree with that as well, my only criticism of Hiddink would be that he plays defensively a bit too often for my liking, that really cost Chelsea against Barcelona. Granted it can work sometimes, it is just awful to watch.

Damo R.    29,658

Newcastle could survive?

+Audioboxer    2,876
Newcastle could survive?

Hope they do!

Subject Delta    108

They aren't out of the woods yet, but they appear to be pulling themselves together. Of course there is still work do be done, but I believe they have the quality to survive if Shearer can get them playing the right way.

chicken-royal    6

First football match I've watched all season, great game too. Hope Newcastle stay up. :)

+Audioboxer    2,876

Close one, but that's the league over :p

nothuman    0

Job done. Tevez must stay. Title is ours. Nuff said. (bis)

Martyn    5

It's not over yet lads ;)

I've just done the BBC predictor table thing and I make it that Liverpool win the league on goal difference.

mytable.jpg

Damo R.    29,658

GD 126 :| :rofl:

It sounded like Wigan deserved something from the game...oh well that's Football :p

mail    10
Tevez must stay.

Yep, he made us win today.

Subject Delta    108
GD 126 :| :rofl:

It sounded like Wigan deserved something from the game...oh well that's Football :p

United got lucky... Again, their opponents bottled it... again

Makes me wonder when more of their opponents are actually gonna have the balls to beat them. Hopefully Barcelona will oblige :D

mail    10
United got lucky... Again, their opponents bottled it... again

logo_specsavers.jpg

Subject Delta    108

:laugh: my eyes work perfectly. Heaven only knows how Martyn put up with bright sparks like you, being the sole Liverpool fan for so long.

Damo R.    29,658
:laugh: my eyes work perfectly. Heaven only knows how Martyn put up with bright sparks like you, being the sole Liverpool fan for so long.

You weren't the only Liverpool fan infact Rajputwarrior used to love the banter then he disappeared when he joined Staff...and Sabatime I think was another...just none had the knowledge and nouse that you do to reply...most just went on their daily business.

Subject Delta    108

Being a Liverpool fan puts you up for a lot of digs, and I have had far higher caliber than gregb0b and mail can dish out :laugh:

Still I can understand how talking to people whose only rebuttal is to post stupid pictures could get old :p

+Audioboxer    2,876

I'm sorry, nothing will ever beat this picture (well, I am a Man Utd fan :p)

sign.jpg

And lighten up you guys before anyone blows a fuse, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes decisions go your way, sometimes they don't, sometimes players in your team "cheat", other times they don't. Just remember these things happen to everyone, trying to say it doesn't makes you look daft. Yes even every team has had players simulating fouls.

Take it as lightly as you can or you'll drive yourself insane. (obviously in your own private time go nuts and vent anger :p) Nobodies putting up with anyone it's all in the name of banter! Rivals will be rivals.

ps. Who's going to be the champions? Yeah I thought so ;)

gregb0b    11

f u boxer!

Damo R.    29,658

haha...I love the banter here without it the thread would be boring :p

I can hear Martyn now planning next years thread already.

gregb0b    11

Yah there have been some good battles in the last 2 years ^_^