[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

In-game dash is (Y)

The avatars are what the Wii's Mii's wanted to be. Makes MS look very kiddy for better or worse though, however you view them. I quite like them but.

I have to give a thumbs up for the ingame dash as well. I think a lot of people are overlooking it actually. It has a lot of options and I enjoy how quick I can look at my achievements from the games blade. Another notable would be the quick launch area.

That reminds me, did they ever implement multiple sign ins?

On desktop version - yes (Windows Live Messenger 2009). Not on "Old Xbox Experience". And while I am on OXE till 19th, I can't really tell about NXE. :(

That reminds me, did they ever implement multiple sign ins?

Still nothing in the NXE for that. Every time I would sign in on my desktop, which has 9, it would sign out on my 360.

How would the sync, all conversations get moved to each open computer?

So someone could be watching your conversation remotely?

yes, it opens conversation window(s) on every computer you're signed in from.

yeah it was the free launch theme

Where do you get that?

So.... How is everyone that got in this 3rd time enjoying their NXE?

I think it's absolutely brilliant! I love everything about it, yes, even the Avatars of which I thought were too kiddy at first but their surprisingly fun. :)

I said this in the other thread but since you asked:

"Awesome update. ONLY problem, not sure if anyone else is having this... everything in the guide is very blurry. Someone look at the guide font and pictures and then go to the actual menu, select your game library and look at the difference. The main menu is SO sharp."

But that's the thing, technically you can pretty much completely avoid the NXE dashboard and just use the Guide button. Just set your settings so that you're auto-signed in, games load upon insert and games load upon boot. Then you can do whatever from the in-game guide.
you mean,kind of like you if you don't want to you can NEVER see the new dashboard ? and just use the guide ?

Well it's a bit hard to avoid the NXE completely, I also use the 360 for media streaming as well. Unfortunately because MS haven't felt nice enough to give Media Centre on the 360 DivX support (it won't even play my straight MPEG2 files either :| it's so damn picky, basically mine will only play WMV files), I gotta use the Dashboard/NXE. Which is annoying though, as I'd like to use it [Media Centre] more but held back but the lack of codec support for the 360's implementation. I know you can use those transcoder programs to get around it, but they never worked for me :/ always screw up.

Media centre support on the 360 hasn't changed, not really sure why that's an issue with the NXE?

And seriously, what's so horrible about the NXE that some people are so ****y about, they want to avoid it completely? Can you honestly say there isn't a part of the current dash you'd prefer to avoid if you could, like the ads or "inside xbox" or whatever? Seriously, people, look at it from a technical point of view - it's faster, it's more efficient and it's much, much more powerful. Be happy!

Well I only have 18 more hours to go until I'm in :p :rofl:

I think it's more, they go after planet time, not that messed up a-day-ahead-of-the-rest-of-us Australian time :p

I think it's more, they go after planet time, not that messed up a-day-ahead-of-the-rest-of-us Australian time :p

Those sheeps over in New Zulund are ahead of us you know :p

I'll be asleep come around 15 hours anyways :p (damn work)

Instead of adding another 10,000 people to the preview program like we did last week, we've decided to do something a little different: everyone who successfully applied to the preview program (and had a valid console ID) will be getting the New Xbox Experience sometime within the next few hours. That?s right?we?re hooking everyone else up with NXE a bit early. If you signed up and are not prompted, that means you did not enter your console ID properly and you'll have to wait until Wednesday.

Don?t worry, it?s almost here.

Thanks again for your overwhelming interest in the program.

Source

some good news for the rest of you.