[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

Made a thread about it here but sadly it turned into a huge argument. Hoping the mods will come in and clean that one up a little. :p

Oh right, sorry about that man.

Havnt had time to check for new topics. Just assumed that a chart/table would come under one of the larger discussion threads rather than have it's own thread. Meh. It's all good.

Oh right, sorry about that man.

Havnt had time to check for new topics. Just assumed that a chart/table would come under one of the larger discussion threads rather than have it's own thread. Meh. It's all good.

No big deal, just didn't want to drag the argument into this thread as well. :p

Did anyone who didn't get into the preview before get an email? I did! I'm now officially part of the NXE, it'll be interesting to see how the leaked update affects the official one, I'll let you know when I've got the courage to try and connect to live lol.

Did anyone who didn't get into the preview before get an email? I did! I'm now officially part of the NXE, it'll be interesting to see how the leaked update affects the official one, I'll let you know when I've got the courage to try and connect to live lol.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...696450&st=0

ive noticed some people with unique clothes on there avatar that i dont see available which sucks :) ... I wish there was a way to change the color of your clothes, unless i some how missed it.

ive noticed some people with unique clothes on there avatar that i dont see available which sucks :) ... I wish there was a way to change the color of your clothes, unless i some how missed it.

Yes a lot of clothes were removed for some unknown reason earlier this week.

So there is definitely absolutely no way off turning off NXE? I just hate its kiddie look, if I wanted a kiddie console I would of bought a Wii. Still the launch has been delayed in Australia which I was happy about :p shame it was only for one day (Nov 20th is NXE release date for Australia) :(

It won't be such a big deal, you'll like the new features such as the upgraded guide.

Yeah, the guide is nice. However, honestly I'd happily sacrifice that, HDD install (I see that as useless, got a 20Gb HDD and the 120Gb is a ripoff) and all the new features to be able to keep the old Dashboard, I dislike it THAT much. Sadly, even removing my 360 from live won't help as I'm guessing they will include NXE on game disks as well (like they did with Xbox 1 updates). So other then selling my 360 (which I won't do, a little extreme :p) I'm gonna end up with it whether I like it or not....

So there is definitely absolutely no way off turning off NXE? I just hate its kiddie look, if I wanted a kiddie console I would of bought a Wii. Still the launch has been delayed in Australia which I was happy about :p shame it was only for one day (Nov 20th is NXE release date for Australia) :(

It does look a bit kiddy, kinda like what the Wii would aspire to be if it were an HD console.

However it's quite a bit better than the previous Dash, so give it a go :yes:

In-game dash for example is a hell of a lot better.

It does look a bit kiddy, kinda like what the Wii would aspire to be if it were an HD console.

However it's quite a bit better than the previous Dash, so give it a go :yes:

In-game dash for example is a hell of a lot better.

Well I got no choice really :p here is hoping I'm eating my own words!

EDIT: This is why I like PlayStation Home more, you don't have to use it. It's there if you so wish to use it, but you can also just use the XMB. If MS gave the ability for users to choose which Dashboard they wanted (with the option to upgrade later if someone didn't update and changed their mind) I would of been happy about it, oh well hopefully the real thing is better then what I've seen...

Functionality wise you will, you wont want to stay with the old dash for sure.

However graphically I doubt you'll change much, although you'll appreciate how much smoother everything is for sure.

Don't forget the power of themes, get yourself a good Gears one and it should remove most of the "kiddy" look. Don't let Avatars bother you, they're only going to get used in places where it makes sense (I.e. "Family" games) so really the ONLY issue is the Avatar standing there on the main dash and you don't even have to pay him much attention.

Trust me, I'm not big on Avatars either, but with everything else the new update brings, it's well worth it. Besides, how much time do you spend on the dash, anyway? Since you'll be ingame most of the time, the main bonus is the new guide, which is fantastic.

EDIT: This is why I like PlayStation Home more, you don't have to use it. It's there if you so wish to use it, but you can also just use the XMB. If MS gave the ability for users to choose which Dashboard they wanted (with the option to upgrade later if someone didn't update and changed their mind) I would of been happy about it, oh well hopefully the real thing is better then what I've seen...

But that's the thing, technically you can pretty much completely avoid the NXE dashboard and just use the Guide button. Just set your settings so that you're auto-signed in, games load upon insert and games load upon boot. Then you can do whatever from the in-game guide.

This is definitely a case where people get too worked up about something [they haven't experienced]. I don't really understand it, but I've done it myself. Try to stay open minded and I'm sure it won't bother you as much as it would if you worry and anticipate it.

you mean,kind of like you if you don't want to you can NEVER see the new dashboard ? and just use the guide ?