[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Based on previous Fallouts I picked Small Guns, Speech and Lockpicking.. of course since it's Beth this time I doubt it's going to be anything like the previous games but I figured they'd be good enough for the first game.

Game runs extremely smoothly with everything maxed at 1920x1200 with 4xAA. (Q6600@3.2, 4870 1GB, 4GB RAM, Vista64). It looks and plays like Oblivion, including the rather bleh looking outdoor textures.

Hunted for my copy of the PC version almost all day yesterday after being told by almost every store they didn't have the PC version though I saw countless copies of the PS3 and 360 versions. I was so irked that they had more PS3 copies at my local Wal-Mart than of the virtually non-existent PC version. Luckily Staples anticipated the launch and had a handful of PC versions. Played it last night and it's so far been the best game I've played this year.

Guys I chose Speech, Lock Pick, and Big Guns for my G.O.A.T results. Will I still be pretty good any gunslinging (with the other weapons)? I know this is similar to Oblivion and effects your character overall.

What did everybody else pick?

GOAT?

waiting-dvd-front-cover.jpg

Guys I chose Speech, Lock Pick, and Big Guns for my G.O.A.T results. Will I still be pretty good any gunslinging (with the other weapons)? I know this is similar to Oblivion and effects your character overall.

What did everybody else pick?

Big guns at level 1 is useless. You don't get the weapons till you meet another faction. Then you only have enough ammo for 6 shots.

I picked small guns/repair/lockpicking and those skills helped me burn through the inital couple of quests without any issues. Small guns cover all the rifles used by most the mutants in the game.

Based on previous Fallouts I picked Small Guns, Speech and Lockpicking.. of course since it's Beth this time I doubt it's going to be anything like the previous games but I figured they'd be good enough for the first game.

Game runs extremely smoothly with everything maxed at 1920x1200 with 4xAA. (Q6600@3.2, 4870 1GB, 4GB RAM, Vista64). It looks and plays like Oblivion, including the rather bleh looking outdoor textures.

Crap, that means I should hook it up to my TV for 1900x1080 ASAP then. Thanks

Big guns at level 1 is useless. You don't get the weapons till you meet another faction. Then you only have enough ammo for 6 shots.

I picked small guns/repair/lockpicking and those skills helped me burn through the inital couple of quests without any issues. Small guns cover all the rifles used by most the mutants in the game.

Oh ok, well I haven't left the classroom yet, can I go back and change it to small guns?

How often do you repair things or what is that used for exactly?

Oh ok, well I haven't left the classroom yet, can I go back and change it to small guns?

How often do you repair things or what is that used for exactly?

When you use your weapons they degrade, example being the pistol if it's in bad enough quality it'll jam when you reload. Using and surplus weapons you picked up (ie if you picked up an additional 9mm pistol) you'd go to the repair screen and use that spare weapon to fix up your main pistol. Doing so gives you damage boosts and makes the weapon last longer. You can do this in a shop but it can cost you (and they only repair to 50%). To repair a Flamer would have cost me 300 bottlecaps. I only had 800 at the time. :s

How the hell do you get into GNR Plaza, The entire area surrounding it seems blocked

It should be, follow your radar and it kicks off an event so you meet the brotherhood and get access.

lol WHAT are you paying the same game ? the game looks great

Just a quick one for those you have it.

At the part where you have to save your female friend from her insane father and

the guard. Is there a way of doing it where you don't kill him? I cant figure it

out. She always then tells me "how could you kill my father!" so getting laid

will be out the question then? haha. Any thoughts?

Really good game but, is anyone else finding it HARD? :|

Feels like I don't have enough firepower all the time.

That's the ONE thing I hated when I played it round a friends, it took about 7 head shots to kill a ****ing person.

Really good game but, is anyone else finding it HARD? :|

Feels like I don't have enough firepower all the time.

As I said earlier, yes I find it quite hard.

I lucked out and found one non-preordered copy at GameStop. One thing I noticed right off is the menu system/inventory is very much like Oblivion's with a techy skin..feels very familiar which is good. Actually the whole skills etc system is also very Oblivionish. Usually with a new RPG it takes me a while to really get comfortable with it all, but this is pretty much a modded Oblivion. Very silky smooth so far which is very much NOT like Oblivion.