[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

Won't that make you evil though? I am trying to do through the first time (the whole way) and be good.

Yea I guess it would, myself I don't care if I am evil or not, just do what I feel like doing.

so what did everyone pick as there 3 starters skills .... im restarting myself ( was only a few quest in ) id liek to see what everyone has picked

Somebody on here told me repair and small guns. I picked Speech as my last one.

Just saw the reviews and gawd... Bethesda hasn't changed one bit. They still can't do animations; look at that third-person walking animation in the Gamespot review where the player basically glides on the floor, moving his legs a full second too late; look at those stiff, unrealistic combat animations for the monsters... They've basically copy-pasted the same bugs from Oblivion: in the IGN video review, when the player picks up an item on a table, every other object hovers in the air and fall back approximately in place; characters get stuck in each other with their walking/running animations still in effect. And of course they couldn't get the PS3 version right because programming the PS3 actually takes some great coding skill which they don't have.

It's that kind of amateurish presentation that make all Bethesda games feel like a 3D engine tech demo in beta, with some very good textures and environments. A game has to create some suspension of disbelief and there's still way too much in these games to remind the player that he's actually altering some data in memory and that the artistic representation is just layered on top.

so what did everyone pick as there 3 starters skills .... im restarting myself ( was only a few quest in ) id liek to see what everyone has picked

small guns, sneak, lockpick. In ES4:O I went with a mage path and found myself using the theif type skills much more lol. So I went with that this time.

Well if you don't get hung up on awkward animation then you can enjoy this game for what it is, an incredibly immersive world with a great story and a huge world to explore. I just started the game today and I've already been absorbed into that world. I thought about calling in sick tonight so I could keep playing, and I never call in sick. You either love Bethesdas games or hate them I guess, though I can't imagine how anyone could play Fallout 3 and not instantly love it. Of course, if you're basing your opinions off of critics reviews I could see it.

Very disappointed with the mapping system.

I got to the megatron town. Finding my way around there is a headache. And leaving there to find some woman for the bartender, is a headache due to the poor mapping system in the game.

I suppose you allways carry with you an autp updating map when you walk around outside :p

myeah, the mappign isn't the best, but once you get a hang of it and understand it it works more than well enough. and afterall you do get insta travel and all that.

I don't think you've played the originals tbh.

1 but not 2, but I'm not sure why that relevant. I didn't go into this expecting it to be like Fallout, I expected an Elder Scrolls game with a different setting, and that's what it is. That's why I love it.

1 but not 2, but I'm not sure why that relevant. I didn't go into this expecting it to be like Fallout, I expected an Elder Scrolls game with a different setting, and that's what it is. That's why I love it.

Originally Fallout 3 wasen't really on my list of games to get, and I didn't know anything about who was making it and all that untill a week before I got it. Once I new it was the creators of Elder Scrolls I knew how it was probably going to be like. And when I first got into the game I could really see the similarities, but I didnt get the game thinking about the other Fallouts, I was thinking an Oblivion with a new face and setting. Which is also why I love it.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the Oblivion team took over the Fallout franchise. I think there's potential for a pretty darn good game, if you ask me.

This game reminds me more of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines than Oblivion. However, so far Fallout 3 does feel better than VTMB and Oblivion. :)

just got this game and..wow what a massive massive world, just got to megaton and i don't know what to do with myself....fix pipes, disarm bombs, root that nova chick, look for my dad or run around killing people....in the game of course :ninja: im completely overwhelmed. also the VATS is pretty kewl

also, the new spiderman game ROCKS!

also the VATS is pretty kewl

I'm pleasently surprised with the VATS system. Previews that showed it really made it look cheap, like it would make the game too easy. After using it in-game I see that it must be used sparingly, and I rarely use it at all but when you need it it's an awesome feature.

I'm pleasently surprised with the VATS system. Previews that showed it really made it look cheap, like it would make the game too easy. After using it in-game I see that it must be used sparingly, and I rarely use it at all but when you need it it's an awesome feature.

Where is the VATS bar per say? I find myself hitting V a couple times a piece in battle and haven't noticed that I've run out of anything.

gents....im sitting at work!! eagerly waiting for 4.30 so i can run to Union St "game store and purchase this game. cant wait! your reviews are making sound all the more better...

Well if you don't get hung up on awkward animation then you can enjoy this game for what it is, an incredibly immersive world with a great story and a huge world to explore. I just started the game today and I've already been absorbed into that world. I thought about calling in sick tonight so I could keep playing, and I never call in sick. You either love Bethesdas games or hate them I guess, though I can't imagine how anyone could play Fallout 3 and not instantly love it. Of course, if you're basing your opinions off of critics reviews I could see it.
Actually the reviews I've seen all praised this game like no tomorrow. No, after seeing Morrowind and Oblivion I don't think I need to actually play this game to be disgusted by the presentation. The story and setting look much more intriguing than those of Oblivion though, I'll give you that.

Actually the reviews I've seen all praised this game like no tomorrow. No, after seeing Morrowind and Oblivion I don't think I need to actually play this game to be disgusted by the presentation. The story and setting look much more intriguing than those of Oblivion though, I'll give you that.

It takes an extremely narrow minded troll to bash a game without ever playing it. How is anyone supposed to take your opinion seriously when you openly admit to never even picking up the controls to this game? If you havent played the game keep your mouth shut. If you had legit complaints and criticisms after playing through the game thats fine, lets talk about it, but to come here and be 'disgusted' with a game you have never so much as played for five min is simply flame bait and will be reported as such.

post-234799-1225467588.gif

It takes an extremely narrow minded troll to bash a game without ever playing it. How is anyone supposed to take your opinion seriously when you openly admit to never even picking up the controls to this game? If you havent played the game keep your mouth shut. If you had legit complaints and criticisms after playing through the game thats fine, lets talk about it, but to come here and be 'disgusted' with a game you have never so much as played for five min is simply flame bait and will be reported as such.
Sorry but I stand besides what I say and I am ready to defend my opinions; if anyone's flaming here it's you; besides, why should you feel attacked, it's just a game.

I'm familiar enough with Bethesda's games to give a pretty accurate judgement Fallout 3's presentation (not the game in general) just on the videos available on the web; there's no demo and I'm not spending 50$ just to give it a try.

I'm not saying no one should buy it or no one can have fun playing it, I'm stating my personal take on Bethesda's amateurish presentation. Wanna report me, go on, but there's one person making personal attacks here and it isn't me.

Some highlights for me so far:

1. Finding a pet doggy!

2. Using V.A.T.S system - nothing is more satisfying than letting 4 ghouls close in only to blow their heads off. Heads rolling all over the place :laugh:

3. Being too scared to go into Wasteland at night icon_uhoh.gif

4. Shootin' the crap out of traders and selling all their stuff :ermm: