[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

You know when you could add points to your strength etc during the "You're Special" part? I hadn't realised you could take points away from your unneeded attributes too..otherwise I'd have dropped luck/charm to 2/3 and added more to intel/strength :(

Good lord.. that ending sucked.. and I was hoping for freeroam afterwards...

Oh, and for the love of god this game is B U G G Y! Everything form distorted textures, to garbled radio, to bugged NPCs, to occasionally broken quests, does Bethesda ever beta test these games?! Oh and I'm not counting the amount of times I had to restart the game because it permanently played a background noise at full blast, or when you go out of a door to find that the creatures you just killed had their guns sticking straight out of their bodies...

Oblivion - So buggy that the modders had to fix it.

Star Trek Legacy - It runs? Again, a mod was released for it to make this abysmal game decent.

Fallout 3 - So buggy that the...oh wait, Bethesda isn't releasing the mod tools for this..

Edited by -Hiroshi-

good for yea .... why did you make the post then

To post my opinion, wise guy. Mass Effect was pretty cool, but fallout 3 seems a bit off to me, what's with the 50's style stuff? I take the game is set in that period? reminded me too much of bioshock, didn't really enjoy that either, don't like rpg/fps games much, with the exception of stalker and clear sky.

Good lord.. that ending sucked.. and I was hoping for freeroam afterwards...

Your fault since it was announced months ago that no free roaming will be available. :)

To post my opinion, wise guy. Mass Effect was pretty cool, but fallout 3 seems a bit off to me, what's with the 50's style stuff? I take the game is set in that period? reminded me too much of bioshock, didn't really enjoy that either, don't like rpg/fps games much, with the exception of stalker and clear sky.

Whats with the 50's stuff, are you kidding, thats the coolest part. The future thought up from the eyes of people in the 50s, awesome.

I've noticed something while playing on PC. Once in a while, there is a vertical bar (about 1/5 of the screen) that flickers. Usually it goes away but it is over 1/5 of my screen vertically on the far right. Any ideas?

each lvl you can pick the skill to upgrade ( str agil etc etc) its in page with the skills Lady killer etc etc

Oh thanks a lot!

and I do agree, this game is really buggy :s

Well, personally, I like to refer to Fallout 3 as "Oblivion for the rest of us." I tried several different times to like Oblivion but just could not find myself going back to it after a few hours of gameplay. I think it was the whole medieval setting - I don't know, I just didn't find the story grabbing me.

Fallout 3 is different for me. I ended up getting it on Steam to play on my MacBook Pro and I can't pull myself away from it. The story, the characters - it's all engrossing. And for me, I don't notice too much the graphical "issues". I play in first-person so the 3rd person Bethesda thing is not relevant. And how cool is it to decide whether to blow up an entire city or not? It's so damn tempting!!

I agree with that, I have Oblivion but barely played it. Fallout 3 is essentially the same thing but in the future but I cannot stop playing it!

Whats with the 50's stuff, are you kidding, thats the coolest part. The future thought up from the eyes of people in the 50s, awesome.

It wasn't what I was expecting, I thought it was going to be modern times in the near future.

ive got to find the geck files but i cant seem to find them on the terminal, ive got access to various files but its saying the terminal is offline, what do i need to do to get the geck files?

Do i have to do the ant mission or can it be side stepped ? im sick of wasting ammo on this freaking things

It's an optional quest.

I recommend you hang out the entrance of Megaton every couple of day - wait for Lucky Halith to appear and kill him, his guard and his Brahim - it's tough and will use up ammo but if you collect the loot, it will more than recompense.

Kill scavengers too but make sure you locate them, fast travel abck to Megaton to ditch anything you don't need (basically, strip down to armour, guns and ammo) then kill the scavenger - loot everything and fast travel back to megaton to sell.

I cant get enough of this game. Already logged at least 20 hours in like 3 days. I need to sleep lol. But really, the more you progress, the more insane it gets. I blew up megaton, its wiped of the earth. That nice little lady that sold the guns, shes a ghoul now, poor thing. I just killed a 20 foot super mutant as well. I did a lot of side quest before making my way to the GNR building, so im now friends with the vampires. I also now own my own penthouse suite that i can customize the inside, have a robotic butler to cut and style my hair, and a lot of other stuff.

During the beginning, ammo and health is a real pain to maintain. After a bit, it because a hassle that you have too much. Im having a hard time not just eating away health to make room for other things, or just throwing mines on the ground because I already have too many and need a grenade. This game is just great though. Give it more time if you arent hooked yet, because it will come.

SORRY!!! lol

almost lvl 7 as well.

Edited by shakey

Ok guys just cranked out my first session longer than 20 minutes with the game and it is just as fun as Oblivion (if not more). I have a ton of questions though and I'm playing on the PC

1. Can I assign anything to 1,2,3,4,5 like weapons etc.?

2. In Megaton I'm trying to sell off excess stuff but Cratersupply and that dining place won't accept anymore of my stuff, should I just set the game to wait like a day?

3. I have so many different kinds of guns already, what does everybody use?

Super Duper Mart

I went to the mart and absolutely drilled those guys and watched the robot do some work as well. Sadly it turned on me somehow. I got a laser gun, shotgun/rifle, etc. there. Which should I use?

I keep picking up items that sound like they would be used on one of those repair benches (if I ever get the skill to use one). XXXXX assembly part, etc. Are they used for the repair bench or should I just sell them?

ive found the hunters rifle and chinese assault riffle to be the best so far. But the rocket launcher is just awesome looking. But i keep almost every gun in my inv, because you never know what ammo you will and wont have. I believe my inv consist of the 35, 10mm pistol and semi auto, sawed off shotty and combat shotgun, rocket launcher, mini gun, laser pistol, chinese assault rifle, hunters rifles, and some melee weps.

The super dooper mart was a awesome place to stock up on ammo lol. Its odd now, at lvl 8, super mutants are dieing very quickly now. Havent run into another SuperDuper Mutant yet luckily. I did make it though to the washington monument, its cool.

Just like oblivion though, i keep feeling like im missing a lot. Damn these open games lol.

Found some devices that make you cloak invisible as well, very neat.

The Super Mart is a good place to stock up. Another place is.....

during the quest to find the entrance to Vault 112, on the way find Evergreen Mills and the Foundry. It is just east of the marker for the Vault entrance. While you are around that area listening to the radio, Three Dog will talk about Evergreen being a raider campout. There are an abundance of raiders and once you make it inside you can find the bazaar and take what you want. ( I killed the vendor, took his key and took his entire stock of items, along with 'The Terrible Shotgun' ) You can kill the Goliath Mutant thats locked up in the electric fence. I used mines outside his door when i let him out to kill him, he takes awhile to kill but is alot of xp.

I just level 7 but i am on The Tranquility part