[Official] Dead Space

aHH im stuck on the asteriods on chapter 4! what an annoying and crap part of the game!

Just fire one side, if you fire both sides it overheats and stop, just fire from one side (use just one trigger) and it does not overheat, no matter how fast you can fire it. It works, you eventually just get it from playing a few times. Good luck.

asteroids were annoying when there was a huge rush and it was also annoying doing it for the achievement where you had to have more than 50% health against the asteroids.

asteroids were annoying when there was a huge rush and it was also annoying doing it for the achievement where you had to have more than 50% health against the asteroids.

Darn PC didn't have achievements.

I have just managed to finish the game completely with all the achievements. Holy crap i was having so much trouble playing on impossible difficulty but i got there in the end.

I thought it was a very good game and prehaps didn't get the scores it derserved.

I have just managed to finish the game completely with all the achievements. Holy crap i was having so much trouble playing on impossible difficulty but i got there in the end.

I thought it was a very good game and prehaps didn't get the scores it derserved.

you're trying too hard, lol

yeah, don't know how OXM gave it like a 6.5

It was good, immersive, and somewhat addicting due to story.

Great game so far, played it for about 4 hours solid one day last week (got to chapter 7) hopefully will have time to complete it sometime soon. I wouldn't really call it "scary" though but whatever, it's still good.

I'm also impressed with how well the PC version performs, I'm playing on high on a laptop that only has a 8600M GT 256MB and it looks and performs great.

Yay!

Thanks for the heads up (Y)

I agree with most he says.

I gave up on Dead Space not too long in, just felt really clich?d and not my type of horror.

you're trying too hard, lol

yeah, don't know how OXM gave it like a 6.5

It was good, immersive, and somewhat addicting due to story.

I never completed it, far from it I guess, but it would've been around a 7-7.5 in my books.

Does some things well, others blandly, or not that great IMO.

However before I can really fairly judge it I should complete it or at least get further, however I dunno when that will be done.

Indeed, game did feel somewhat decent the first few hours but the lack of a proper horror feeling and the repetitiveness does get to you.

And he does have a point, why does all spaceships have to look so bland and depressing :laugh: ?

Haven't got to play the demo however that review gave me a few impressions. I haven't played most Resident Evil games or Quake, Prey, etc. So I'll probably enjoy Dead Space a lot more.

• 1 month later...

I'm totally late to the party as I got this for Christmas, lol.

Haven't got to play the demo however that review gave me a few impressions. I haven't played most Resident Evil games or Quake, Prey, etc. So I'll probably enjoy Dead Space a lot more.

I'll start here.

I would agree with you, the last Resident Evil game I played was RE2, and I haven't played any of the others either and thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Maybe I am missing something, I have gone through the game one and half times, and I don't get all this talk of repetitiveness, no more in exactly the same way most other games have done so.

You only have to use the Kinesis Module a hand full of times, same as the Stasis one, both which are far cooler than say, a grappling hook found in other games and such sorts.

You kill lots of enemies, well, you do so repeatedly in other games.

Isaac doesn't talk, but he does have little tid bits of writing, which is far more than we have ever gotten from a Zelda or a Metroid, and I love both game series.

I liked the atmosphere of the game, thought it was great, the game wasn't scary, but it made me nervous and careful, which imo is far better, as if something was incredibly scary I wouldn't play it, but keeping me on my toes just means I will take my time.

In some ways I wish that, Kendra was it?, didn't explain essentially the whole thing at the end, it would of made it a little more open for a sequel, but there are still a few unanswered questions like the whole Nicole walking around and opening doors, was he imagining the hole thing? even the enemies attacking her? and then she appears in the last second of the game, doe she survive?

But yea, all in all really enjoyed it, it was definitely my surprise game of 2008 that I didn't think was going to be that good and ended up coming out far better than I thought.

• 3 months later...

*bump

Finally got around to finishing it, actually started over because i got stuck with the asteroidshooting on normal difficulty when i first played it a few months ago. Anyhow, I have to say, I'm glad I picked it up again, it's really a great game, the whole atmosphere is amazing and made me want to watch Alien again (will do so tonight :D), the story wasn't that original, but still, it kept me interested enough to the end.

The aliens were pretty lame though imo, they weren't scary at all and sometimes even looked hilarious when they came running for you with their big arms waving around :laugh: really could've been done better, though the whole idea of shooting of the limbs was pretty cool..

btw, I've read somewhere they're working on Dead Space 2, how do you think they're going to do that? The only thing I could see them do would be a prequel because of the main protagonist dying in the end of the original, or maybe on another planet because they are now floating around in space with the beacon and two(?) infected people on board...