NXE Sign-up [Now Closed]

It's the most major update released so far and even a Guitar Hero patch managed to brick the odd 360, to say that it's doubtful there'll be trouble is just asking for it.

Still, I'm confident Microsoft knows what they're doing, after all this is a software update and Microsoft knows more about software than anyone else on the planet, but I'd still expect the odd brick here and there.

No one, but who wakes up and logs straight onto their computer to check Major Nelson's blog?

The hardcore fans waiting for the announcement :).

I hope I get in so I can play Gears2 from the hard drive on day 1.

So they wanted to get a fully representative sample, but only had it open for 10-12 hours when Europe was asleep? Really clever stuff...

Given it was the weekend I'm sure a very large number of UK people got through anyway. Sure it's not ideal for some people, but they have to draw a line some point. Those that stayed up late in the UK are lucky. Besides, for testing purposes they will be more than adequatly served by any other number of non US territories.

Does really suck for you guys yeah, but they would either have to really expanded the intake of users if they ran it over 24 hours or alternatively they'd have to turn a higher percentage of users who sign up away once they start accepting people. Neither ways especially ideal given they probably don't want too many people in the initial test.

At least this was global even if you happened to be asleep at the time. Certainly beats the US only rollouts and offers that happen often enough and they could have done that again.

Major Nelson added this to his post about the Preview Program:

-Spenser

FULL already? :|

That's the downside for me no longer goto a Xbox forum/Gaming forum all the time now.

Missing on the Important news like this.

It sucks! I really would love to have this preview!!!

Thats's BS, I didn't have a Connect account, and I signed up for 1 as soon as MN announced it. Microsoft never sent me an email back for the registration. Probably because I used a mac account as the email. Microsoft can be real **** some times >_>

Thats's BS, I didn't have a Connect account, and I signed up for 1 as soon as MN announced it. Microsoft never sent me an email back for the registration. Probably because I used a mac account as the email. Microsoft can be real **** some times >_>

they havn't announced who's in yet, so you still have a chance. we prob wont recieve anything till the 29th.

they havn't announced who's in yet, so you still have a chance. we prob wont recieve anything till the 29th.

you didn't quite get what I said, I hadn't even got to the part for the survery. I didn't have a Connect account, and Microsoft failed to email me the activation link.

you didn't quite get what I said, I hadn't even got to the part for the survery. I didn't have a Connect account, and Microsoft failed to email me the activation link.

my bad, that realy does suck.

Yeah the world is going to end now, apocalypse and all that....

:p

For something like this that was closed in a matter of hours, I don't think they would send out mass emails.

People knew there would be some kind of signup after MN said last week and people still complain. Not sure this was too high on the priority list to make sure everybody had a crack at signing up.

I cant get anything to work, I get error messages on all the links I have tried....oh well i will wait till the 19th...

Anyone know how many slots their are?

If we are selected will we just boot our consoles up on Wednesday and just be prompted for a downloadable update?

Nobody is sure yet as we still don't have the specifics from MN.

No, you only get a conformation email on the 29th, the actual preview will be at a later date. Could be the day after, could be a week after. The latest podcast states this.