NXE Sign-up [Now Closed]

Anyone know how many slots their are?

If we are selected will we just boot our consoles up on Wednesday and just be prompted for a downloadable update?

MN said there are a few thousand slots.

Maybe you'll be given a redemption code to enter at the Marketplace and then you'll download an update file or something. Either that, or they'll flag your console for the update from their end (hence why they asked for your ConsoleID) and then you'll be prompted to download the update at next boot up (probably most likely).

They said once you're accepted you're getting ugpraded and there's not going back, so I'm thinking they're rolling out the firmware based on console ID, no a code claim procedure.

MN said there are a few thousand slots.

Maybe you'll be given a redemption code to enter at the Marketplace and then you'll download an update file or something. Either that, or they'll flag your console for the update from their end (hence why they asked for your ConsoleID) and then you'll be prompted to download the update at next boot up (probably most likely).

Think you nailed it right on the head with that one.

Well it looks like you can get NXE with a code so that means you can download NXE(I wonder where eh?) and install it with a CD but what a waste of CD just to get a taste of a update early.

I disagree. CDs are what, 20 cents or so? I'd love to get the update early, even if just a couple of weeks. Kind of like having a new operating system early -- it's fun to play around with to get used to :)

If someone puts it up for download I'll be the first to snag it and put it on a CD. I have loads lying around that I don't use.

I doubt you'll be able to just do that. I think they flag the consoles that have been accepted (via the ConsoleID) to have the update, so if yours isn't flagged you'll have to wait the extra couple weeks. :p

What code are you talking about? The one he announced on the podcast? That was just to get into the connect program, if you've already filled out the little form with your console ID and stuff, it's the same thing.

He's talking about the InvitationID which is automatically filled out for you if you used this link: https://connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse...&SiteID=719

Otherwise, if you go directly to https://connect.microsoft.com/ the InvitationID is XBOX-G37M-QYWQ.

Invalid invitation ID :crazy: