Welcome to Finity forums beta test

I kinda identify people visually and sometimesI do read people's details; so I just scale the avatar down and squish all the details into one blob in case I want to look at them.

Yea me too, that's why that style only hides the details. All you have to do is hover under the users name and the details for that user appears..but I think I understand what you mean. Maybe you don't want to have to even hover.

Personally I love it. The updated color scheme and layout are great.

However; I have noticed that the horizontal dropdown menubar at the top is a little buggy on IE 7. Occasionally, the menu sticks when the cursor is no longer on the menu. This causes some navigation issues when trying to navigate other topics and headlines. Gratefully, I can still navigate by tabbing to the desired link.

Other than that, no complaints!

One short note about the "Latest activity" box. I've mentioned this earlier but when I click a link it always takes me to the first post of the topic unless I click the arrow. Now if you where to add the tag "getnewpost" the link would take me to the new posts since my last visit. This means that, if I've never read the topic, I'd end up being at the first post but if the topic isn't new I'd end up at the newest post.

I find this better than always displaying the first post. Most of the times you've read the post already and don't need to read it again. But that's my 2c.

I love the theme but in Internet Explorer 6.0 it loads pretty slow compared to Shift. I can see in the status bar it is loading every item.

E.g. (245 items remaining)

1058m4x.jpg

Another reason for everyone in the world to upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 :rolleyes: (or even just use a browser that actually conforms to web standards, such as Firefox)

Surely nobody should be using Internet Explorer 6 anymore? Even businesses.

Also, the speed of your Internet connection might be playing a part in this.

Edited by cJr.

Might just be me, but the LFA box is still doesn't line up right (see pic below)

neowinheaderds2.th.pngthpix.gif

Using Firefox 3.0.4.

I don't know what has caused it, but the problem has been resolved and the LFA box is appearing correctly for me now. :)

I see that the blog button (used to be a dropdown menu in Shift) at the top of the page is once again a dropdown menu! Hooray! :) (Y)

That was one of the things really bugging me...glad to see that the devs have fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I must have been hiding under a rock! I only noticed this thread yesterday after trying to find out why the forums hadn't been updated yet! Looks brilliant.

I personally think it will be a shame when neowin moves away from making the front page and forums looks the same. It adds unity to the site.

I must have been hiding under a rock! I only noticed this thread yesterday after trying to find out why the forums hadn't been updated yet! Looks brilliant.

I personally think it will be a shame when neowin moves away from making the front page and forums looks the same. It adds unity to the site.

It is still just a Beta, which is why the new Finity forum skin isn't set to default, because there are a lot of bugs to fix still. Also with the possibility of IPB 3.0 coming around, it might take even longer.

The front page was something they designed themselves, and not skinned, like IPB is, making the transition faster and can make the site go live much quicker.

• 2 weeks later...
I get some issues with attached images, but aside from that it works fine.

There was a few problems with attachments but I think its solved might need a dev to confirm this tho :p

liking the finity theme so far...

only things i'd say are that i can't find an option to go to the advanced search page on the main forum page (is there one?). and also a cleaner break/definition between pinned and non-pinned topics would be nice (kinda like the shift theme)...

I love the theme but in Internet Explorer 6.0 it loads pretty slow compared to Shift. I can see in the status bar it is loading every item.

E.g. (245 items remaining)

1058m4x.jpg

I believe it has to do with the ads/png fix.

Right now if we continue with the plan on upgrading the forums to ipb3. We will no longer be supporting IE6. If it works it works, but if it doesn't, we won't go out of our way to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

im soooo late i know, but didnt access neowin too often over the last few weeks.

i like finity; and its interesting to see that now the darker colors seem to be back - generally. i bet in 2 or 3 years, brighter colors will be the way to go again. :D

good work, i like it.