Welcome to Finity forums beta test

But it's infuriating trying to find the first non-pinned thread. I've seen and read the stickies, I don't need them to keep getting in my way. If people do break the rules by ignoring the important threads, that is their problem.

Just glance at the side of the threads at the top. They all have a 'sticky' icond (I think it's a piece of paper with a pin through it), so you can easily tell if a topic is sticked and the ones that aren't.

I think we will get used to this :)

Just glance at the side of the threads at the top. They all have a 'sticky' icond (I think it's a piece of paper with a pin through it), so you can easily tell if a topic is sticked and the ones that aren't.

I think we will get used to this :)

Well, I'm of the opinion that if you can make something more usable with a couple of simple tweaks, you should go ahead and do it. I don't see why you'd be against making the theme easier to use.

Where's the advanced search gone? :o

*edit: nm found it under the control panel >.> Just odd not seeing it where it used to be.*

Edited by DrCheese

Did you click Control Panel?

Damn you, I only hovered it. :laugh:

Another question: On the Shift skin you could perfectly see the "0 new messages" message which turned red when you had one or more unread messages. I can't find that feature in the new skin. It would be nice to have it or do you get another handy - no popup/no mail - notification? This is no critique, just a tip.

EDIT: You guys will start hating me now. When I click on a topic title on the "latest activity" it automatically takes me to the first post of the topic while I'd rather have the latest new post. Is this normal? When I click the "arrow" everything is fine but when I click the title it's not. Well, to me it's not.

Edited by Couch Potato

Another question: On the Shift skin you could perfectly see the "0 new messages" message which turned red when you had one or more unread messages. I can't find that feature in the new skin. It would be nice to have it or do you get another handy - no popup/no mail - notification? This is no critique, just a tip.

You'll see a cool little orange starburst shape next to "Control Panel" with the number of new messages you have ;)

EDIT: You guys will start hating me now. When I click on a topic title on the "latest activity" it automatically takes me to the first post of the topic while I'd rather have the latest new post. Is this normal? When I click the "arrow" everything is fine but when I click the title it's not. Well, to me it's not.

This is how it's supposed to be. You can click the arrow or "Last by" to go to the latest post, or click the thread title to go to the first post.

You'll see a cool little orange starburst shape next to "Control Panel" with the number of new messages you have ;)

Great, good to hear that. Sorry about all the questions, I'm just trying to help out with little "look-overs" you may have had. ;)

This is how it's supposed to be. You can click the arrow or "Last by" to go to the latest post, or click the thread title to go to the first post.

Ah okay. However, to bug you guys once again, would it be possible to set a preference of the maximum amount of topics that appear in the list? I feel, though this is purely a matter of preference, the list is a little "too long".

*Now I'll stop irritating you guys* :laugh:

Ah okay. However, to bug you guys once again, would it be possible to set a preference of the maximum amount of topics that appear in the list? I feel, though this is purely a matter of preference, the list is a little "too long".

That would be up to the devs ;)

I always had the old one at 10 anyway, but I can understand why one might want to have it shorter than that.

That would be up to the devs ;)

I always had the old one at 10 anyway, but I can understand why one might want to have it shorter than that.

Okay, we'll see what the future brings. Thanks for the heads up Gigapixels. (Y)

The top rounded corners on the recent news bar don't have transparent background so you get little bits of white.

Also a way to hide the {recent posts/news/leaderboard/whatever you want to call it} or at least set it to 5 for the default, 10 is way too long.

Edit: i just noticed the button.

The top rounded corners on the recent news bar don't have transparent background so you get little bits of white.

Also a way to hide the {recent posts/news/leaderboard/whatever you want to call it} or at least set it to 5 for the default, 10 is way too long.

You can hide it by clicking 'Hide Activity' at the top :)

EDIT: Noticed your edit, peachey ;)

I agree with your point about the rounded corners. I reckon that will be fixed by the time the theme is out of beta stage.

Edited by cJr.

Well when you click "hide activity" I think the button should change to "enable activity" or something like that...At first it confused me having to click "hide activity" to make it pop up again. :p

I must say... I hadn't been on Neowin for a while, then came back a few weeks ago, and it has become, by far, one of the best looking websites on all of the internet. You guys have really out done yourselves. I remember when Neowin first launched. It's amazing how much it's changed. Keep up the great work guys.

Well when you click "hide activity" I think the button should change to "enable activity" or something like that...At first it confused me having to click "hide activity" to make it pop up again. :p

Hmmm. It seems to say "Show Activity" to me, after I've clicked "Hide Activity"... have they fixed it that quick? :p

Well, I'm of the opinion that if you can make something more usable with a couple of simple tweaks, you should go ahead and do it. I don't see why you'd be against making the theme easier to use.

So you need more besides the date of the thread and the icon? ;)

I just noticed this thread and changed, I like it a lot :)

Personally, I like it how there's more recent topics up at the top.

I'm interested to see how it will run when all the bugs have been ironed out, although I haven't encountered any problems yet.

Hmmm. It seems to say "Show Activity" to me, after I've clicked "Hide Activity"... have they fixed it that quick? :p

Lol wtf, it does for me now too....

Maybe my internets were just messed up. :huh:

Would it be possible to maybe half the Latest Forum Activity box to 5 lines based on the detected screen resolution?

It really takes up massive amounts of vertical space on the short and stubby 1024x600 eeePC screen.

Shift wasn't perfect about this either, since I'd half to click "show more" or "show less" each time I switched between my eee and my desktop.