• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Welcome to Finity forums beta test

tsupersonic    1,834

Hmm this isn't a fluid style?

Rix    3

Whatever the issue was, it's now fixed.

+allan    12

Developer - will the Quick Links dropdown box be added? Thanks.

Timan    554
Developer - will the Quick Links dropdown box be added? Thanks.

Don't count on it, the reasoning for the control panel tab/drop down is to replace that.

If anything we "might" do a dropdown for the forums tab and have quick links to some of the popular forums.

+allan    12
Don't count on it, the reasoning for the control panel tab/drop down is to replace that.

If anything we "might" do a dropdown for the forums tab and have quick links to some of the popular forums.

Thank you. The two key items I miss are "mark all forms read" and the links to the popular forums. Every forum I've seen has the "mark all read" option - Neowin had it in the Quick Links box.

Kenji    34

The only thing I m missing is a quick way to get to my PM inbox... Other than that its great.

Timan    554
Thank you. The two key items I miss are "mark all forms read" and the links to the popular forums. Every forum I've seen has the "mark all read" option - Neowin had it in the Quick Links box.

That one is still there, its at the bottom of the control panel drop down.

I use that feature myself every 5 min it seems, so I had to keep in there :p

The only thing I m missing is a quick way to get to my PM inbox... Other than that its great.

I went ahead and added a new link, My Inbox (for pm's), and will be bold when there is an unread pm in there.

+allan    12

Thanks again. Really a nice looking, usable skin.

Glados    0

The forum as well as the main page looks excellent , may i even say that this is the best looking community on the web

Kenji    34
I went ahead and added a new link, My Inbox (for pm's), and will be bold when there is an unread pm in there.

Crazysah    7

One question; is there any final date for the release of Finity?

Timan    554
One question; is there any final date for the release of Finity?

Well, from what I know, Finity won't be completed for awhile. If we end up upgrading to ipb3.0, every skin will be incompatible. So right now the idea is to wait for that and do a "true" finity skin to replace all the others. It will be very different than what we have now.

ATGC    40
Well, from what I know, Finity won't be completed for awhile. If we end up upgrading to ipb3.0, every skin will be incompatible. So right now the idea is to wait for that and do a "true" finity skin to replace all the others. It will be very different than what we have now.

:woot:

IPB 3.0 alpha preview: http://ipb3preview.ipslink.com/

Calum    819

Now, I'm excited! :p That sounds pretty good, although I thought with the new IPB, the forums would have a different skin to the front page? (:() I hope not.

Would be nice to see a Finity skin on the new IPB 3. Do you have any idea when IPB 3 is to be released as final, Timan?

Edited by cJr.

Iian K    1

Not too bad, looks pretty good. Although you could refine the "Activity" thing a bit.

+shift.    21

Noticed the "Latest Forum Activity" header actually lines up now (or maybe it was just me) awesome job.

Jimmy0    38

Might just be me, but the LFA box is still doesn't line up right (see pic below)

neowinheaderds2.th.pngthpix.gif

Using Firefox 3.0.4.

GreenMartian    90
... The details of a user's profile (just under the profile pic/stars on a thread) are too spaced out vertically, though. (Group, Posts, Joined, From, Member No.)

Totally agree. Especially for someone who doesn't show sigs. Waaay too much wasted vertical space.

nwms2.png

IceDogg    3
Totally agree. Especially for someone who doesn't show sigs. Waaay too much wasted vertical space.

I've been saying this for a long time. I even created (with lots of help) a userstyle for stylish a while back to address the problem.

Edit: Oops! Removed quoted picture.

GreenMartian    90
I've been saying this for a long time. I even created (with lots of help) a userstyle for stylish a while back to address the problem.

Ack.. Thank you! I use Opera, and totally forgot about user stylesheets until now. /facepalm

I kinda identify people visually and sometimesI do read people's details; so I just scale the avatar down and squish all the details into one blob in case I want to look at them.

Before:

20081126030047ls7.png

After:

20081126030229hh2.png

MrChainsaw    25

Well I like the skin! :D

magik    25

Any intent on fixing the 120dpi issue?