[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

wait, i just remembered, in the anime, they already showed orochimaru dieing and kabuto taking his dna. So how again are they bringing this filler in with them being 2 separate people again? baahhhh

I just read 429 again, Naruto is the summon. If you look at the last picture, its 3 small figures followed by a swirling circle, the hidden leaf symbol.

I'm curious to see how many people survived Pains attack. It looked like he had crushed the whole village.

Do you get the feeling we might be the only ones discussing other shows?

I have the same feeling too. Still going to post about other shows though.

Radish?

Radish™

it doesnt surprise me to see you here :p

People should focus more on the "other" shows rather than that crap called Naruto or Bleach, watered down anime at its worse.

I can barely wait for the second chapter of the Rebuild of Evangelion and the true follow up to Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

I can barely wait for the second chapter of the Rebuild of Evangelion and the true follow up to Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

I'm waiting for Evangelion 2.0 as well. If I remember the 4th OVA of "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~" is released this month.

Radish?

I'm waiting for Evangelion 2.0 as well. If I remember the 4th OVA of "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~" is released this month.

Radish?

Nah, the "next season" is just a spin off. Im waiting for the REAL sequel that was announced some months ago.

In 2009 we are supposed to get the new Haruhi Suzumiya season too, will be an interesting year.

Now, I only need a new Ergo Proxy series and Im set.

Radish™

i'm watching 29 on-going anime's right now. been watching anime for 6 years and as you can tell, i generally will (and have) watch(ed) anything :p

so if you want to start up discussion on one of the non-big 3 then i might join in but maybe not. i'm not a very social person so i rarely start topics like this or post my opinions unless i'm asked :)

changing subjects real quick:

right now i'm trying to "anime" out my new LG Dare phone. i used to have a Razr which i hacked up and down to have anime all over it (changed the boot screen, the wallpaper, all the icons and menu backgrounds, shutdown screen, ringtones, etc.). unfortunately it seems you can't modify as much on the dare as the Razr :cry:

anyone else modify there electronics to have anime on it? whether it be your computer, ipod, phone, etc.

Nah, the "next season" is just a spin off. Im waiting for the REAL sequel that was announced some months ago.

In 2009 we are supposed to get the new Haruhi Suzumiya season too, will be an interesting year.

Yes 2009 will be an awesome year as it is the year of ******!! online...

You misunderstood me, just posted about the 4th OVA as information about the series in general :)

The new "Haruhi Suzumiya" is taking a while, but I see "Kannagi" (has a similar feel IMO) to tide me over until the new series is aired.

I think "Ergo Proxy" ended pretty well, there was a manga spinoff - though don't think it saw the light of day as an anime series.

Radish?

You misunderstood me, just posted about the 4th OVA as information about the series in genera:):)

The new "Haruhi Suzumiya" is taking a while, but I see "Kannagi" (has a similar feel IMO) to tide me over until the new series is aired.

I think "Ergo Proxy" ended pretty well, there was a manga spinoff - though don't think it saw the light of day as an anime series.

Radish?

Know anything about a good cyberpunk release then? My Saikano and Ergo Proxy DVDs are starting to worn off.

it doesnt surprise me to see you here :p

People should focus more on the "other" shows rather than that crap called Naruto or Bleach, watered down anime at its worse.

Hope that's sarcasm. You know, since this topic started with Bleach and Naruto... we enjoy it.

Hope that's sarcasm. You know, since this topic started with Bleach and Naruto... we enjoy it.

Sorry, its my opinion. I dont know how this thread started, what I know is that now is a thread about the overall world of anime and I dont think anyone should mind my feelings about what my opinion is bad anime (Specially Naruto) if they truly enjoy it, but that doesnt mean that I will not state my opinions with other people I get along, like Radish.

In the end, is just anime, anyone has the right to like or dislike what you like. Its my opinion that in order to appreciate anime people should know about the most obscure but more propositive series.

Sorry, its my opinion. I dont know how this thread started, what I know is that now is a thread about the overall world of anime and I dont think anyone should mind my feelings about what my opinion is bad anime (Specially Naruto) if they truly enjoy it, but that doesnt mean that I will not state my opinions with other people I get along, like Radish.

In the end, is just anime, anyone has the right to like or dislike what you like. Its my opinion that in order to appreciate anime people should know about the most obscure but more propositive series.

Well you shouldn't say that in such a harsh manner, I majorly disliked Evangelion and every follow up OVA or mini series that came out after it, but I'm not gonna call it trash. It's just an opinion.

Anyways...just because the current discussion is about the big three is going on doesn't mean it has to stay that way. It's only because it's on going. I've watched so many anime series I can't even remember them all.

I have a question for you all....what do you think of the new Hellsing anime? I personally would have just liked to see a continuation of the original storyline. 13 episodes just wasn't enough..but I like the new series as well. The animation style is amazing, imo. The metal box sets for it are nice looking but really expensive... I'd rather wait until the series is done to get it all in one.

And that post is all over the place..sorry.

Edit: Oh yeah, gimme ID 5th stage please and thanks. I know it's gotta happen sooner or later but I can't really find any information about it.

I have a question for you all....what do you think of the new Hellsing anime? I personally would have just liked to see a continuation of the original storyline. 13 episodes just wasn't enough..but I like the new series as well. The animation style is amazing, imo. The metal box sets for it are nice looking but really expensive... I'd rather wait until the series is done to get it all in one.

Nothing could be done with the original story but i for one know we are all in for one hell of a treat in the next installment.....

wait, did i read that correctly? new hellsing? the original hellsing was great. The music, animation, story, just awesome.

Yeah they are redoing hellsing as they kinds ran out of manga for the first one as for the original show yes the OST was awesome they made a nice choice with the ED done by Mr Big....