Neowin HP Giveaway, enter now!

Update 2: Winners announced https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=708156

Update: You can now view all the entries by clicking here

The HP Magic Giveaway has begun on Neowin today.

The HP Magic Giveaway, is a competition that enables 50 top blogs to run their own contests to give away 50 prize packages whose value exceeds $6000. Microsoft and HP have decided, Neowin is one of the top blogs, and we will be participating in this giant giveaway.

Neowin's giveaway has begun today and the competition will last 1 week. We are asking members to make the Neowin logo out of real life elements and make it look as magical as possible. You could make the logo out of bananas, chairs or anything you can get your hands on. Be as creative as possible and take a picture of the finished product. Here's an example of a magical Neowin logo from the real world we are looking for:

98_neowincakesmall.jpg

Everyone who is registered at Neowin.net is free to enter and the prize list can be found below:

You may have noticed that the HP TouchSmart is absent in our giveaway, we have a reason for this. We plan to donate this system to a children's hospice in the spirit of giving and sharing during this holiday giveaway. We have not chosen the exact charity yet but we are in discussions with several charities in the UK who provide care and comfort to children with terminal illnesses and incurable conditions. Our aim is to present the PC to the charity and document its use. We will provide the system with a test version of Windows 7 for the charity to use temporarily and will interview the children and workers to see what the potential benefits of touch based computing, with Windows 7 and HP's TouchSmart system, could bring. Further details of the Charity and our coverage of this will be forthcoming.

For full details of our contest and a chance to enter please visit our entry page. Good luck!

viewicon.gif View: Enter Competition

viewicon.gif View: View current entries

Edited by creamhackered

I hope you all realize how lucky you are to be able to enter in this competition :p

The more I see the charity giveaway, the better I feel to be a part of Neowin. It definitely conveys the sense of giving and sharing. I want everyone to imagine the look on those kids' faces when they see and use this thing.

The more I see the charity giveaway, the better I feel to be a part of Neowin. It definitely conveys the sense of giving and sharing. I want everyone to imagine the look on those kids' faces when they see and use this thing.

Totally agree (Y)

Radish?

Well, I just entered. Hope I get at least the Mini 1000 for my efforts. Used all natural elements. I agree too, I was a bit disappointed at first about the TouchSmart not being a part of the prizes, but the greater good is what matters here and thats the magic of sharing. Thanks Neowin and best of luck to all who enter. You won't know if you try.

I am hoping to see some good submissions on my first year on staff (if I am allowed to view them), and hope to see a lot of creativity!

Too bad I can't enter, i got some great ideas :) Good luck everybody

Yeah genius give away the most expensive and thing most worth entering the competition for.

Im all for giving to charity i do volunteer work for one but money would be better suited than a 1 off big touchscreen PC.

Nothing but a big marketing opportunity for Microsoft and HP "giving it to the kids" to test an alpha/beta OS, well done.

Edited by Richard Hammond

Yeah genius give away the most expensive and thing most worth entering the competition for.

Im all for giving to charity i do volunteer work for one but money would be better suited than a 1 off big touchscreen PC.

Nothing but a big marketing opportunity for Microsoft and HP "giving it to the kids" to test an alpha/beta OS, well done.

Wow, what a narrow minded comment. The TouchSmart is going to charity because it was our idea, nothing to do with MSFT or HP. We are demonstrating Windows 7 on the touch because it's a good opportunity for us to see how Touch computing may benefit these children.

After you moaned about having to be creative and get up off your chair to win one of these laptops you now aren't happy that we're donating a gift to terminally ill children? You're lucky we even have these prizes to give away.

Hugs and kisses!!

way to go cream on the charity bit..glad to see that some ppl in this world still care for others and arent all about "me"

happy holidays :santa:

Nothing but a big marketing opportunity for Microsoft and HP "giving it to the kids" to test an alpha/beta OS, well done."

bah humbug mr scrooge

the other prizes are bettr than a lump of coal arent they?

Edited by Windows7even

i agree, i think kids can see a real benefit with technology like touch. they should have integrated it into the olpc's imo. kids interprit and learn better with hands on approach...remember those wooden blocks in preschool and kindergarten?

Wow, what a narrow minded comment. The TouchSmart is going to charity because it was our idea, nothing to do with MSFT or HP. We are demonstrating Windows 7 on the touch because it's a good opportunity for us to see how Touch computing may benefit these children.

After you moaned about having to be creative and get up off your chair to win one of these laptops you now aren't happy that we're donating a gift to terminally ill children? You're lucky we even have these prizes to give away.

Its not narrow minded at all, i work in IT volunteering for many charities and the local council i see how these machines are used and setup, many get neglected and sit in a side office collecting dust, many are completely destroyed, how long do you think a 25" panel is going to last.

Nice of you just sit on the negative and flame me because i think that money would be more suited to charities than a piece of hardware, i probably do more for charities than many of you put together, paying your ?2 a month thinking you are making a difference, so dont sit there on your high horse.

Its not narrow minded at all, i work in IT volunteering for many charities and the local council i see how these machines are used and setup, many get neglected and sit in a side office collecting dust, many are completely destroyed, how long do you think a 25" panel is going to last.

Nice of you just sit on the negative and flame me because i think that money would be more suited to charities than a piece of hardware, i probably do more for charities than many of you put together, paying your ?2 a month thinking you are making a difference, so dont sit there on your high horse.

Really? We're playing the 'I do more for charity than you' card now? Let's end the discussion now. Take your concerns right up to the administrators of Neowin if you feel strongly about it.

Too bad it's an artistic thing. I have no artistic talent at all. I liked the competition where all you had to do was post in the thread. That way at least everyone had a fair chance.

Really? We're playing the 'I do more for charity than you' card now? Let's end the discussion now. Take your concerns right up to the administrators of Neowin if you feel strongly about it.

he is arguing with the head admin..cream! okay well technically neobond is the head honcho but when i think of neowin i think of cream

anyways..best of luck to everyone

Edited by Windows7even

Too bad it's an artistic thing. I have no artistic talent at all. I liked the competition where all you had to do was post in the thread. That way at least everyone had a fair chance.

I think I prefer this one as it's rewarding talent. There'll always be other competitions anyway :)

I am hoping to see some good submissions on my first year on staff (if I am allowed to view them), and hope to see a lot of creativity!

Too bad I can't enter, i got some great ideas :) Good luck everybody

If you give me the idea and I win we'll split it :D

Are you trying to make out that our decision to donate to charity is a bad one?

Plus once they have received it, it is entirely up to them if they decide to sell it and use the money from it in other areas.

I was considering to spray the logo with curry ketchup onto my living room wall, but lack of guarantees for a win kind of don't cut it for subsequent renovations...

A tin of paint is cheaper than a HP HDX 18 series Premium Notebook PC ;)

Are you trying to make out that our decision to donate to charity is a bad one?

Plus once they have received it, it is entirely up to them if they decide to sell it and use the money from it in other areas.

No sorry it come out the wrong way i take it back.

Are animated GIFs allowed?