• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin HP Giveaway, enter now!

MrChainsaw    25
yeah i do t think you can use photoshop.

No YOU CANT

Wannes    38

The purpose of this contest is to let your creativity flow in real life with real life situations. You're not allowed to adjust or alter an image in Photoshop so it would include the Neowin logo. Where you to buy a RR Phantom, change the logo and take a picture of it then you'd have a valid entry. Looking for a picture on the net and then adjusting it in Photoshop was not the purpose of this contest.

At least, that's what I understood...

i_was_here    49

Well I submitted mine; sorry for the crappy phone camera resolution :whistle:

Numpad    0
The purpose of this contest is to let your creativity flow in real life with real life situations. You're not allowed to adjust or alter an image in Photoshop so it would include the Neowin logo. Where you to buy a RR Phantom, change the logo and take a picture of it then you'd have a valid entry. Looking for a picture on the net and then adjusting it in Photoshop was not the purpose of this contest.

At least, that's what I understood...

my creativity is constantly overflowing!!! but i am just too lazy :( lol

Mr. Dee    26

actinogen - Is that really your bath tub? If it is, I think its time to do some spring cleaning.

Sethos    270

Well, imagestiching wasn't an option, so I just stuck them together the old fashion way - Annoys me the picture is so tiny and the bottom is cut out when you upload, I know it was a tad long :p

MChino    0

Some really creative stuff so far. Can't wait to see them all. :)

pHaez    0
Well, imagestiching wasn't an option, so I just stuck them together the old fashion way - Annoys me the picture is so tiny and the bottom is cut out when you upload, I know it was a tad long :p

What you are seeing is a scaled down version of submissions. We have the originals in a folder, and they will be accessible to staff at the time of judging.

Sethos    270
What you are seeing is a scaled down version of submissions. We have the originals in a folder, and they will be accessible to staff at the time of judging.

Oh okay (Y)

tomwarren    68

Yeah don't worry about the cutting off stuff :)

We noticed the photoshop and yes that's against the rules

+Audioboxer    2,876

Badass!

Great competition.

I'm off to get an actual NW tattoo, if that doesn't win me something, shucks!

Not really, but maybe one day. I don't want to be Neowin's version of Zune Guy though :laugh:

i_was_here    49

^ but...but youd be famous :rofl:

SakuraKira    12

Thanks for posting a link for the current entries, I'm looking forward to seeing how creative our Neowinians can be! Good luck to all who entered.

fix-this!    76
Badass!

Great competition.

I'm off to get an actual NW tattoo, if that doesn't win me something, shucks!

Not really, but maybe one day. I don't want to be Neowin's version of Zune Guy though :laugh:

and if you don't win your stuck with a tattoo when the site won't be around forever. :blink:

not very original imo, just use a marker and someone with good drawing skills.

by the way i know you were joking, but still !!! :laugh:

Edited by smooth3006

Denis W.    731

Speaking of scaling down and Photoshopping:

I took a picture of my submission, opened it up in Paint Shop Pro, cleaned up the digital noise, scaled it down to Facebook picture dimensions (604x453 pixels), sharpened it, and submitted it. Is that okay, or would you staff prefer the original untouched file from my camera?

+Audioboxer    2,876
Speaking of scaling down and Photoshopping:

I took a picture of my submission, opened it up in Paint Shop Pro, cleaned up the digital noise, scaled it down to Facebook picture dimensions (604x453 pixels), sharpened it, and submitted it. Is that okay, or would you staff prefer the original untouched file from my camera?

That's probably okay, as I assume they'll be judging on the artistic merit, not whether or not you can take a photograph like a pro. Although I'm sure genuinely blurry messes like you've taken a photo while having a fit won't be easy to judge :p

I guess the rules more mean manipulation like adding/removing things that aren't in the original photo, or creating your design out of computer graphics, as opposed to real life elements.

I wonder if we can fool them by taking a screenshot of our monitor showing our real edited life photo :shiftyninja:

Rob    20

Yeah don't worry about cleaning up noise or something - the main point is that the concept has to be done in real life, as opposed to being a composite in Photoshop.

Marsha    0

What are Private entries in the HP Giveaway?

tomwarren    68
What are Private entries in the HP Giveaway?

It's where individuals have unchecked the public tick box when submitting their entry. This means it's not viewable in the gallery until the contest is over to avoid their ideas being used by another person.

Denis W.    731
Yeah don't worry about cleaning up noise or something - the main point is that the concept has to be done in real life, as opposed to being a composite in Photoshop.

Alrighty. (Y)

Speaking of entries, here's another one. Is it just me or that looks like the Neowin logo was pasted onto a black background in an image editing program and the picture photographed with a low-res camera? If this is not the case, I apologize, but that looks awfully clean for something made up of real world elements :p

Mr. Dee    26
Alrighty. (Y)

Speaking of entries, here's another one. Is it just me or that looks like the Neowin logo was pasted onto a black background in an image editing program and the picture photographed with a low-res camera? If this is not the case, I apologize, but that looks awfully clean for something made up of real world elements :p

I am sure the judges will look into actual 'effort' and 'creativity' instead of something just done on a whim.

fix-this!    76

im just wondering if the 3 laptop prizes can be customized to the winners liking or are the specs going to be decided by neowin ?

so far ive seen two obvious photoshops that i hope will be disqualified ?

at least when i was done making mine i got to make the mac & cheese for dinner. :rofl:

Edited by smooth3006

xwarlordx    0

my entry would be there soon...very unique :) ..hope they wont look at my reputation and post count for this competition

tomwarren    68
my entry would be there soon...very unique :) ..hope they wont look at my reputation and post count for this competition

Nope and besides you have been a member for well over a year :)

Richard Hammond    119
Alrighty. (Y)

No it looks like neowin logo made out of card stuck to the end of a torch like batman logo, the grain you get is because of low light.