Neowin HP Giveaway, enter now!

That's why you should keep your submission private until the end. :) So far I don't see a public submission that uses my idea... yet.

Was that the tissue you used to "clean up"? :shifty:

lol

i'll let you know after the winners have been announced :ninja:

(Y) @ mcdave

Some interesting new additions. But I have to ask, - anonymous -, when did Microsoft Paint become real world? dipperski's own is interesting, where did you do that? But what I would like to know, does that qualify as an entry since its just an exact replica of the NeoWin logo? I thought entries must be made from something real world.

Another look at dipperski's, the shadows around the humans look suspicious.

lol i like how last page in the gallery is like 2/3 photoshop

:rofl:

The last three entries (as of this post) are questionable. Not too sure about drawings, that multi-Neowin logo wall is an obvious Photoshop, and WTF at that Paint drawing :laugh:

@McDave: Good one (Y)

It's pretty easy for us to detect photoshop whether it's visually or looking at file tags etc

Next competition we may have to do something similar but allow photoshops

shalomsiy, couldn't find a fork to go with that knife. :p Some really lovely entries. Its gonna be tough judging.

I'll probably won't manage to submit my entry any more. If anyone has some time left on their hands you can use my idea:

I was thinking of putting a "dead" woman under a bridge with above her the Neowin logo. It would have been as if the assassin used her blood to leave his mark -> The Neowin logo.

*sigh*

It's pretty easy for us to detect photoshop whether it's visually or looking at file tags etc

Next competition we may have to do something similar but allow photoshops

it wont' matter if i used paint.net to resize the pic right? original was almost 3MB

I'll probably won't manage to submit my entry any more. If anyone has some time left on their hands you can use my idea:

I was thinking of putting a "dead" woman under a bridge with above her the Neowin logo. It would have been as if the assassin used her blood to leave his mark -> The Neowin logo.

*sigh*

You were going to kill someone?

Now thats dedication to the competition.

*sigh*

omg :|

that would be a winner tho tbh :p

intoxicated, you do know that those type of snails carry a bacteria that can kill you. I hope you washed your hands properly with disinfectant. I was expecting more creativity at this cusp of the competition ending. Lot of random, typical, predictable stuff. Neowin judges better separate out the compact disc, saucers, fruits and Christmas lights into separate categories and judge the best in those entries.

Coach potato - if that's a joke, let it stay that way.

Contest is now over. :)

The gallery's bugged; it ends at page 8. Temporary workaround is to change the number at the URL to any multiple of 10. There are a total of 128 submissions.

As for my picture, it seems like two other private entires used either one of my ideas. :p Violeta also projected a cardboard cutout of the logo as a shadow. factoid did almost the exact same thing as I did, just with a light painted logo, and I did mines indoors.

My cutout looks extremely rugged, but that's partly intentional. The cardboard was a PITA to cut. At the same time, its rugged appearance makes the logo look freakier. :D

Contest is now over. :)

The gallery's bugged; it ends at page 8. Temporary workaround is to change the number at the URL to any multiple of 10. There are a total of 128 submissions.

As for my picture, it seems like two other private entires used either one of my ideas. :p Violeta also projected a cardboard cutout of the logo as a shadow. factoid did almost the exact same thing as I did, just with a light painted logo, and I did mines indoors.

My cutout looks extremely rugged, but that's partly intentional. The cardboard was a PITA to cut. At the same time, its rugged appearance makes the logo look freakier. :D

yeah making a lighpainted version of the logo was a PITA as well. I think that I took about 50-60 shots before I got that one, and I took another 20 or so afterwards just in case I could get a better one. Thank god for Remote Assistant software so that I could see the images without having to walk around and look at the camera.

PS: any similarities between our submissions is completely coincidental. I have no recollection of seeing your submission before just now.

yeah making a lighpainted version of the logo was a PITA as well. I think that I took about 50-60 shots before I got that one, and I took another 20 or so afterwards just in case I could get a better one. Thank god for Remote Assistant software so that I could see the images without having to walk around and look at the camera.

PS: any similarities between our submissions is completely coincidental. I have no recollection of seeing your submission before just now.

That's alright, no hard feelings. :)

At least we weren't part of the crowd who used fruits for the logo :laugh:

Coach potato - if that's a joke, let it stay that way.

"dead" put between " " means it's a model pretending to be dead and not actually a corpse. Internet. :wub:

:laugh:

posted mine too. It was a good idea but could not find a pumpkin so i had to downscale to an apple which made it difficult to carve. You know the pumpkin apple became couch - Magic :)

cheers to all. There are some really good pics