The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

I'm tempted to start supporting the teams I don't like, the ones I support seem to loose quickly. ;)

well vancouver got owned by minnesota...can they pull it off again? i dont see why not...ducks/wild....who would have even imagined those teams might be matching up in the conference finals :laugh:

well vancouver got owned by minnesota...can they pull it off again? i dont see why not...ducks/wild....who would have even imagined those teams might be matching up in the conference finals :laugh:

In preparation...I'm going to go buy a Duck Call, Ducks Jersey, Hat...the whole 9 yards...

My secret strategy to get them to loose is pulling together! MUHAHAHA!

In preparation...I'm going to go buy a Duck Call, Ducks Jersey, Hat...the whole 9 yards...

My secret strategy to get them to loose is pulling together! MUHAHAHA!

then what are you gonna do with the stuff afterwards? perhaps sacrifice it to the hockey gods?...they might not be pleased

Go WILD! Kiss the canucks goood bye? :punk:

i was kinda pulling for the canucks at first, but i figured they would have to play the avs this round...so im gonna go with the big underdog again...go wild!

w00t Wild all the way to the Ducks !!! and onto the Cup.

(Hey, I'm in Minneapolis, what can I say?)

Oh yeah I know! WILD

This is sad. Cancucks are playing like they got lead bars up their arses or something. They have no drive for the puck. I dont think cloutier played bad this game (game 6), he isnt getting any help from the defence (or forwards for that matter). The canucks better start skating or they will be hittin the links on friday.

Wake up call! Cloutier has always been a backup goalie. His puck handling skills are worse than mine, though I'm pretty good, he's got poor/non-existant technique (since forever. I wish the canucks finally got a good goalie coach. I've been years for one!), and he doesn't do well against rebounds. That goal last night, the stacked pads one, he had enough time to cover the whole net. It's an easy save. Trust me. Why the hell did he stack!?. Worse yet, he collapses under pressure if things don't go his way. Canucks have jugled goalies forever, some of them pretty good. I'm sure if you give some other backup goalies a chance they could do better or as good as cloutier. He's not yet ready for prime time but who else, skudra or auld. They should be in the AHL.

Well, since i'm not a bandwagon fan, like soo many people are, I still support the canucks. You shouldn't really blame it on cloutier though. He's doing his best but he just ins't ready. All good goalies thrive under pressure and step the game up seriously. Our "Top" line needs to start playing real hockey.

The only line on the canucks worth a damn is the one with jovo, klatt, and the sedins. They seem to be getting all the chances by playing tough hockey and creating traffic. The wild goalie's, both, aren't good in those situations. They're lucky the wild has good d-men to help them out. Naslund's up against fairly good D-men and all he does is try to be pretty. That ain't gonna work.

One more thing, the canucks get too frustrated. We easily owned the first period last night got some good chances but we didn't score and seemed to collapse in the 2nd.

RUUTU Should have cleared the bench. (you know, skate by and take off their heads with his stick :p)

hey anyone going to any of the ducks vs. wild/nucks games? i got tickets to a game, but i'm not sure if it's game 1 or game 2. if you're gonna be there, lemme know!!

hey anyone going to any of the ducks vs. wild/nucks games? i got tickets to a game, but i'm not sure if it's game 1 or game 2. if you're gonna be there, lemme know!!

i would go if any of those games were anywhere near here...traveling to minnesota, LA, or vancouver isnt exactly an easy trip for me though...maybe someone here will be going to some atlanta playoff games next season :)

if minnesota keep it a 1 goal game for most of the 3rd period i think they will be able to pull it off in the end