The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

The Wild game was great. I knew they could do it! Hopefully Aneheims luck will have run out and the Wild can get a chance at the Cup. It's a great night to be a Minnesotan!

oh man, BroChaos, you must be watchign ESPN and it must be great. im back in Canada and im watching CBC and the commentary is so depressing, you should hear it, its like watching golf

Ha! I can't believe you would think that an American coverage of a hockey game would be better than CBC's. They can't even use the proper words.. like, who says "boom-shaka-laka" during a hockey game?! :huh:

Chris Cuthbert is the best hockey commentator there is! :D ( Of course, thats if you are watching English CBC, I can understand your opinion for the French CBC.. Hockey should not be in French :whistle: )

the wierd thing is that it's gonna be a top 2 seed from the east, or a bottom 3 team from the west. does the west stand any chance of winning the cup?

this could also be anaheim's year for sports, first winning the world series, then winning the nhl stanley cup!

Or Minnesota's....

Golden Gophers won the NCAA Hockey Championship and then the Wild could grab the cup.

Edited by briangw

Ha! I can't believe you would think that an American coverage of a hockey game would be better than CBC's. They can't even use the proper words.. like, who says "boom-shaka-laka" during a hockey game?! :huh:

Chris Cuthbert is the best hockey commentator there is! :D ( Of course, thats if you are watching English CBC, I can understand your opinion for the French CBC.. Hockey should not be in French :whistle: )

i know the play by play fox had way back in 95-96 when they had the glowing pucks, really sucked, but im talking about ESPN and ESPN2. If you watch their hockey games and covereage, games just seem to be 100x more interesting and exciting. Watching CBC i feel like i am listening to a game from the 40's and 50's, any moment during CBC's play by play, im expecting it to cut out to an old black and white game of montreal vs toronto, and maurice richard scoring his 50th goal. C'mon, its 2003, CBC needs to make their games sound more exciting, less like shinny hockey and less bias towards the Leafs or anyone born and raised in southern Ontario. Before i had even watched a game on ESPN or watched "Hockey Nite 2night", i was completely in agrement with you, that CBC was the only way to watch hockey.

Or Minnesota's....

Golden Gophers won the NCAA Hockey Championship and then the Wild could grab the cup.

Gophers = 2003 Champs

Wild = (knock on wood) 2003 Stanley Cup winners

Twins = (well at least they're doin' great currently)

Vikings = (don't even get me started....) :|

The Wild game was great. I knew they could do it! Hopefully Aneheims luck will have run out and the Wild can get a chance at the Cup. It's a great night to be a Minnesotan!

I hope Anaheim kicks the Wilds Butt.

It doesn't matter because Ottawa is gonna win the cup, if not we then know it's an NHL

conspiracy to rid the Canadian Teams in the NHL.

Frankly, at this point I want the Wild of or the Sens.

But, if both loose I want NJ for the cup. Why?

Because I would hate to have to look at the Disney Ducks on the cup for all time. :p

I think It would be wild vs sens. I think the ducks luck will run out. Minnesota is a fairly good team. Sens will definently take the cup.

And for those who are bitching about cloutier, his contract expires in July and he's asking for a raise from his current 1.2 mill salary.

Because I would hate to have to look at the Disney Ducks on the cup for all time. :p

it would be for all time...just for 80+ years or however long it takes for the rings on the cup to get replaced :happy:

sonofa! i missed the game? i didn't think they played til tomorrow, damn it. looked like a good game too.

I'm not bitter or nuthin' Minnesota needed the rest anyway, but that 1-0 win could have went either way, after 2 overtimes, I could have cared less who won. :) I still think the Ducks will fall in this series. Minnesota owned that game today, in everything. except for that last score, of course, that's the only thing that counts right?

Go Wild,

i missed both of the games today, but i just saw the highlights on sportscenter...both games looked great, especially that ducks-wild game