The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

I'd really like to see it. Good goaltending is really fun to watch. I think jiggy could do it. The wild are no match. They're doing worse than the flyers last year. Right bro?

I'd really like to see it. Good goaltending is really fun to watch. I think jiggy could do it. The wild are no match. They're doing worse than the flyers last year. Right bro?

har har har..........not funny!!!

:p

I think the Ducks could pull off a sweep of the Wild and shutting them out all 4 games. I'd also like to see Giguere get the OT shutout record from Roy I believe.

In the second period, the Ducks was on crack I tell ya! They were simply on fire, scoring three unanswered goals! First goal in this period came from Ducks' captain Paul Kariya as he tuck the puck in in mid-air. When I saw this goal, I thought "HIGH STICKING" but after multiple reviews and angles presented by ESPN. This goal by Kariya resemble the one scored by the Wild player against Canuck. It was wicked.

The Wild did nothing last night. I was surprised. I'm sure the Ducks will sweep and then the DEVILS will beat them in 6. GO DEVILS!!!!

old fashioned, a$$-whoopin'

at least we played, we never gave up, but the Dux simply were a better team.

see ya next year (provided there is a shut out Friday)

old fashioned, a$$-whoopin'

at least we played, we never gave up, but the Dux simply were a better team.

see ya next year (provided there is a shut out Friday)

hehe, that's a pretty mature response, i'm impressed :)

i know a lot of people were whining about their team losing, me included :p

Yeah, the Ducks goalie is soo much hotter right now. Still, with the Wild being as young as they are, getting this far is just amazing. And, we set a playoff comeback record, too! :yes:

The wild had that break away chance to end JSG shutoutstreak but instead of going high, he went low. Denied.

Sen and Dev should be another interesting tonight :)

Is the Ducks defense going to get any credit? Anyways, I thought early in the playoffs after they beat the Red Wings, I looked right to the finals. I said New Jersey would be the only team that could beat Anaheim in the east, no disrespect to Ottawa, Philly or Tampa. After watching game 3 of the Ducks and Wild, I honestly think no one will beat them. Around the all-star break they went on a 2 week tear where they averaged almost 5 goals a game and like 3 from special teams. They are very capable of doing it again.

Is the Ducks defense going to get any credit?

No.

Perhaps if they can do this for a few years, until then they are nothing more than one team who has dreams of being a Detroit or a Colorado, but those dreams are just waiting to come crashing down around them when they least expect it.

The ducks neither deserve nor should get respect given their level of play up to the playoffs. If they were really this good, they would have finished first in the west, not 7th.

The Wild need to get in the goalies face, hit him, trip him up along the walls and just get under his skin. Once they do that, it's all over for the ducks, their team isn't strong enough to hold together without their goalie (who happens to be in the Zone right now.)

The Wild need to get in the goalies face, hit him, trip him up along the walls and just get under his skin

They did that in the first 5 minutes and then in either the 2nd or 3rd, JSG mask came flying off. None of that strats are working against the Ducks. The wild coach put all his big guys in to create pain but look where it got them a 4-0 lost.

During the last trade of the seasons, teams bid for the best player to create a playoff run and as much as you hate to admit it, the Ducks are the powerhouse at the moment. Who cares if they finish 7th .. They swept the wings and knock off the stars. They have the winning combo for this years stanley cup run. The playoff and regular season style of play is completely different. Teams are more aggressive, despirate, and determine.

I think the Ducks can move along this playoff just fine without JSG, in game 3, ducks defense was always in the way of the puck and scarficing their body to stop shots so lets give some credit to their defense ...

Perhaps if they can do this for a few years

So i guess the only teams you ever respected were the edmonton oilers 80's, the montreal canadians 60's, and the toronto maple leafs 50's (iirc).

Give en some slack already. They deserve respect.

No.

Perhaps if they can do this for a few years, until then they are nothing more than one team who has dreams of being a Detroit or a Colorado, but those dreams are just waiting to come crashing down around them when they least expect it.

The ducks neither deserve nor should get respect given their level of play up to the playoffs. If they were really this good, they would have finished first in the west, not 7th.

The Wild need to get in the goalies face, hit him, trip him up along the walls and just get under his skin. Once they do that, it's all over for the ducks, their team isn't strong enough to hold together without their goalie (who happens to be in the Zone right now.)

oh man... shut up already, you sound like a biggot (spelling?), Why dont u write gary bettman a letter and tell him how disgusted you are with the ducks... the team that wiped this decades best hockey team in 4 straight games... of course they dont deserve the cup because it is a team full of hall of fame players, canadians, americans and every other nationality, oh what a discrace to have "Paul Karyia or Adam Oates or Rob Neidermayer's names engraved on the cup. So if anaheim doesnt deserve the success they have in these playoffs because they didnt have a 110pt regular season, they dont deserve the cup? but i assume, if Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, NY, NYI, Chicago did the same way no one would say anything right?

face it, they are outscoring their opponents, no matter who theyre playing against. this is what the playoffs are about. its a whole new game, and a whole new season.

i don't think it's possible to get under giguere's skin. he's said that nothing bothers him, that he doesn't let anything get in the way, and i think he means that. his focus is astonishing.

would the ducks have made it this far without him? i dunno, if so, it would have been a lot closer than it was, he's saved a few dozen shots that i don't think any other goalie in the league would have even come close to stopping.

oh man... shut up already, you sound like a biggot (spelling?), Why dont u write gary bettman a letter and tell him how disgusted you are with the ducks... the team that wiped this decades best hockey team in 4 straight games... of course they dont deserve the cup because it is a team full of hall of fame players, canadians, americans and every other nationality, oh what a discrace to have "Paul Karyia or Adam Oates or Rob Neidermayer's names engraved on the cup. So if anaheim doesnt deserve the success they have in these playoffs because they didnt have a 110pt regular season, they dont deserve the cup? but i assume, if Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, NY, NYI, Chicago did the same way no one would say anything right?

face it, they are outscoring their opponents, no matter who theyre playing against. this is what the playoffs are about. its a whole new game, and a whole new season.

First off, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you have a problem with that, feel free to Private Message me.

Second, there are a few very good players on the ducks, you mentioned the majority of them, and there is no dishonor in having their names on the cup. The issue is when you have to see...

"The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim"

I mean, why don't we just shorten it down to "The Disney Ducks" or some other equally descriptive term.

I'm a firm believer in old time Hockey and some of you people need to remember that is how a lot of people still think. A new team suddenly breaking into the established crowd is not well received, they have not EARNED the respect they start demanding. Detroit didn't deserve respect back during their first Championship, it took them a while to establish to the others that they are worthy of any form of respect.

Here the ducks fans think just because their team has been on a rampage through the playoffs they should be considered a high caliber team... Sorry, the ducks aren't a high caliber team.

Does this change the fact some of their players HAVE paid their dues? Oates, Neidermayer, even Karyia? Nope, they are all All-Stars and I doubt you will find many people who disagree.

As for your 'new game' and 'new season' I would like to point you to the NHL Playoff Ratings in the West this year (Do a Google Search on it.) They are almost nonexistent when compared to last year's playoffs. Why? There are more people who are Dallas Stars Fans, or Colorado Avalanche Fans, or Detroit Red Wings fans instead of HOCKEY fans that when those teams are eliminated, they just stop watching.

This playoff season has been very bad for the NHL and their sponsers which may affect the number of games we get to see on TV next season.

The only silver lining I see is that if the ducks make it to the cup round, people from all over will tune in to see them get beaten by the Devils or the Senators.

Don't like my thoughts bayrider, thats too bad. If you want to post something like you did? Thats fine. If you want to start calling names or throwing insults, take it to Private.

Thanks!

The reason west coats teams arn't knows as well as the east coast are because their games are on way past when most people in the US are asleep. They start at 9ish mnt time, which is 10-12ish for the rest of the country. Look at the avalanche. Expansion team, stanley cup. They sucked too though didn't they? Just cause your team is getting/got its rear-end kicked doesn't mean you have to put down a team that is doing good. Your probly one of those people who hates MS and nintendo jsut because they are popular huh? I bet.

Old time hockey. Do you even know what that means? Old time hockey _isn't_ flashy players and high scoring games. Old time hockey is grinding, working, and simply outplaying the other team. Old time hockey is a game of heart.

Honestly, what i think you meant is that you want the NHL to turn into the WWE where image wins out. Well sorry. It's not. If detroit deserved it they wouldn't have lost 4 games in a row. Does anaheim deserve my respect? Yes, they've made it this far, they've played their asses off, they've played with heart, and they're kicking ass so far. The last thing hockey needs is for a bunch of millionaires whinning about contracts and more people playing for the love of the game. I don't think detroit wanted it enough to deserve it. Anaheim did.

So why don't you go watch some yankees baseball then. You obviously don't understand hockey.