The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

Cara

Great job by the Sens last night to pull that one off.

As for the ducks? Go WILD! :/

lawtai

I think it'll be anaheim v ottawa in the finals with ottawa winning the stanley cup

neowin_hipster

Canada won gold today :D

Interresting game btwn wild and ducks. Went to OT. Could have gone either way. Looks like a pretty close series.

lawtai

yea, OT was great. The goal was pretty nice too.

CatnipOligarchy
I think it'll be anaheim v ottawa in the finals with ottawa winning the stanley cup

i dont have a problem with that...im just hoping new jersey doesnt win so we can get a first time winner

lawtai

yea, that'd be nice, having a new team win the stanley cup.

BroChaos

underdogs all the way. i want someone from the west to win.

i wanna see the 1 vs 7 seed matchup :p

red8Rain

man I am 71 pages behind on this thread ... I think Senator is going to be in the final. As for the western division, its a toss up between the Ducks and Wild.

plug-in for my avs fan site (since they don't have an official one) http://www.talkavs.net ;)

OrangeSoul
I think It would be wild vs sens. I think the ducks luck will run out. Minnesota is a fairly good team. Sens will definently take the cup.

And for those who are bitching about cloutier, his contract expires in July and he's asking for a raise from his current 1.2 mill salary.

its not luck, this is whyDucks will take the cup

capt.1052599100.might_ducks_wild_mpx103.jpg

CatnipOligarchy

that stick save giguere made the other night was pretty impressive...he may not be as good as he is playing right now...but if he can play this good and win 7 more games, he will win the cup...thats all it would take

Cara

If the ducks were to take the cup, I'd vote that the rest of the GOOD teams in the NHL (Read : Everyone else) should pile onto the ice and pound the crap out of them for cheating, bad playing, and any other thing I can think of. ;)

But seriously, I think if the ducks win the cup they should be forced to change their name to something that isn't nearly as lame before it gets engraved on the cup...

bayrider

there are plenty of worse names than the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim engraged onto that cup... ie: vancouver millionairs... jees, ive never seen anyone so bitter towards a team that sweeped their favourite team 4-0 ;)

red8Rain

Senator will take it ;) . But deep inside I don't want any team to win the cup but the Avs ... stupid avs.

neowin_hipster

There will be an interresting finals. Kinda silly but in the west two of the worst teams to make playoffs have a shot at going to the finals. Let me rephrase that, in the west two of the worst standing teams are going on.

It's kinda sad but all those games during all those months count for ****. In a sense they are just qualifiers for the real prize.

Cara

As long as it's either the Wild or the Sens I'll be depressingly happy. If it's NJ I'll be fine. If the ducks win it, they will receive one letter a day of hate mail till next season. ;)

Sonnova.....

The ducks are playing so crappy tonight...yet the Wild are playing even worse. This is pathetic for the playoffs. :p

Stone Gaijin

Very pathetic, we just lost,

2-0 game, and now 2-0 series.

Not good, God I hope the ducks don't shut us out of this series.....:(

Go Wild?

OrangeSoul

1052786475.3422617686.jpg

Cuppaduck!

Callaway
I'm not bitter or nuthin' Minnesota needed the rest anyway, but that 1-0  win could have went either way, after 2 overtimes, I could have cared less who won. :) I still think the Ducks will fall in this series. Minnesota owned that game today, in everything. except for that last score, of course, that's the only thing that counts right?

Go Wild,

old topic, but been busy.

i was realllllly dissapointed with the Wild's play during the OT power play. No one wanted to take a shot...wth.

Other than that, they played hard the first OT and the puck just didn't fall their way. The winning goal was a nice shot though...

:(

0-2? That's the sucketh.

Go Wild. :crazy:

mxp

wow this series is goign crazy

but wild have been in the same spot before so no worries

axis

This was the quickest game, it seemed like it just went from 20-0 minutes without a whistle. But it is good to see all the people getting edgy because the Ducks are going to sweep the Wild. No way they have another come back in this series, Anaheim is better then those previous teams.

OrangeSoul

except that wild faced Cloutier and an aging Roy, now thier facing Roy's mentor and prob his successor

BroChaos

man, back to back shutouts? how many so's is that now in this playoffs? and this is his first playoffs? that's gotta be some sort of record. the guy is a machine. this is one of the greatest goaltending spectacles in the history of hockey.

xpablo

Good Stuff !

@ first I hated Anaheim, but I think I hate the Wild even more so.

Go Ducks ! QUACK QUACK QUACK !!!

btw. I'm caddying for Naslund tommorow...

lawtai

Well, the Wild have been down 3-1 twice and have come back to win it, so I wouldn't put it past them to be able to pull off the series still. I'm in favor of the ducks winning though.

red8Rain

going to be a crazy ride in the western conference :)

post++