PS3 Media Server

As was said on the last page though, you can just copy them to your PS3 through the network.

Instead of pusing x to play the file, push triangle, then copy :)

As was said on the last page though, you can just copy them to your PS3 through the network.

Instead of pusing x to play the file, push triangle, then copy :)

So if he transfers the MKV onto the PS3, the PS3 will be able to play it???

Just run the MKV through MKV2VOB and copy the resulting file to the PS3 hard drive - https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...view=getnewpost (last two posts have links).

It turns MKVs into videos files that will playback natively on the PS3.

you always seem to assume everyone uses windows. Can't use that program on a mac.

you always seem to assume everyone uses windows. Can't use that program on a mac.

Sorry I didn't put a disclamer up?

Remysaus just said his "laptop", I have no idea what it's running. Just passing on an option for native playback.

Erm 'laptop' I'm afraid not.
the program does what it's supposed to do, but for some reason mkv (720p) files are stuttery, i've got everything connected over cable, so speed should not be an issue. my laptop has pretty poor specs though and i can't really view mkv's on my laptop locally either, does that have to do with it not running good?

Saying your getting a new macbook doesn't mean you have one right now.

But jeez, whatever, next time I'll not post any other solutions in case you Mac owners get offended :p

yeah i'm still on xp, laptop is 4 years old now and wasn't anything good back then so it's really **** now :p anyhow, converting mkv to vob takes such a long time on this system that it's not really worth the effort. putting the transcoding buffer higher makes the program crash here :p oh well, guess I just have to keep watching my stuff in SD quality, worked good enough so far :)

@ Audioboxer..........I apologise for my post no. 159. It was not necessary for me to post what I did and I did so without reading the thread properly.

You are always quick to help and give advice when required and it was small minded of me to criticise without thinking.

Once again, I'm sorry if I caused you any offence..........I'll think before I post in future.

Speak to you soon.

bishy.

@ Audioboxer..........I apologise for my post no. 159. It was not necessary for me to post what I did and I did so without reading the thread properly.

You are always quick to help and give advice when required and it was small minded of me to criticise without thinking.

Once again, I'm sorry if I caused you any offence..........I'll think before I post in future.

Speak to you soon.

bishy.

That's not how you do it?! You need to post some pie-charts, some slides and quote a few interviews and write a page or two explaining why the chicken didn't cross the road - That's how we do it around here mate (Y)

Speak to you soon.

bishy.

I was just pulling your leg mate :p Hence my Mac comment at the end.

Unlike some others around here I'm not a sarcastic ass for the sake of making peoples lives hard on the forum.

Sorry I didn't put a disclamer up?

Remysaus just said his "laptop", I have no idea what it's running. Just passing on an option for native playback.

lol, I wasn't referring to his post specifically. You are just always so quick to point to your guide. I didn't mean anything by it. Chill out. Just remember a good portion of people here use Macs. That's all...

lol, I wasn't referring to his post specifically. You are just always so quick to point to your guide. I didn't mean anything by it. Chill out. Just remember a good portion of people here use Macs. That's all...

It's NeoWIN.

LIES!

:laugh:

Tissue?

No, being respectful would be fine, but I know that's way out with your boundaries as a human being on this forum.

Nice edit also, proves my point in all it's glory (Y)

Oh by the way, I just watched The Rocker (an mkv) with this program on my iMac and it worked perfectly. 5.1 channel audio and video quality was great. I used the latest update also. Haven't had any problems what so ever.

No, being respectful would be fine, but I know that's way out with your boundaries as a human being on this forum.

Nice edit also, proves my point in all it's glory (Y)

Oh stop being such a girl AB

nice piece of software.

however, for anime, i have stutters with the opening theme and the ending theme for a few.

1080p videos require extensive buffering.

i also do not mind being my CPU needing high power usage.

This is much better than tversity. Totally ditched it for this.

Just tried this for the first time tonight and i have to admit i am very impressed.

The only thing i dont like is the extra folders that it creates along with my shared folders. i.e. Web, Media Libary and Video Settings.

Can these be removed ?

Stupid question here, when choosing the amount of cores it's able to use, is it okay to pick say all 8 ( Which it 'sees' ) on the Intel i7 when 4 of them are just multi-thread cores or should you just stick to 4?