PS3 Media Server

DLNA errors are worse than cancer.

TVersity, TwonkyMedia and now PS3 Media Server all refuse to work enough of the time for my tastes.

The ONLY one I don't have issues with is the inbuilt Vista media sharing but, of course, I lose encoding ability.

I've not had a DLNA error for over a year. I'm wired, PS3 on static IP and PS3 setup as a DMZ.

Also PC on static IP, and the port needed for PS3MS opened- 5001.

Same as you except I can't get my PS3 into DMZ with this crappy o2 router. Am waiting to buy my own and see if that solves the problem.

Oh there's your issue, the default O2 router is a piece of ass. It's locked down like a bitch. I think there is a "Super Login" you can use to get more features of the router opened up to you, but I can't remember the details.

I shelved it the minute it arrived and I'm just using my Netgear DG834PN on custom firmware - http://dgteam.ilbello.com/

Enable "Full Pixel" on your TV settings. It'll be in a menu somewhere, at least it is on my Bravia. I think it might also be called overscan but I'm not sure.

Ok you were right. I got an option that only appeared when the PS3 is on called Dot-by-Dot.

Still getting some of my avi files showing up as unsupported data :/ Can't see what the problem is, they're playing on the computer just fine and were working under an older version of the software.

Tried searching google but it seems like not many people are having this problem. Oh well, i'll transcode them for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to disable english subtitles playing when english is the language but also have the subtitles come up if a language other than english is also in the movie?

I have set the subtitles option under MVEncoder to en:off;eng:on and en:off;eng:off

Oh, and the reason I even had to do this to begin with, was no matter what subtitles were playing for the movie even if it was english...

I guess what I am really asking is how to do I set it so that only other languages that are spoken other than English show subtitles?

Is there a way to disable english subtitles playing when english is the language but also have the subtitles come up if a language other than english is also in the movie?

I have set the subtitles option under MVEncoder to en:off;eng:on and en:off;eng:off

Oh, and the reason I even had to do this to begin with, was no matter what subtitles were playing for the movie even if it was english...

I guess what I am really asking is how to do I set it so that only other languages that are spoken other than English show subtitles?

I believe if you just put eng,off here that will do the trick.

Untitled-2-4.jpg

Is there anyway I can get rid of the #--TRANSCODE--# folders? Also, none of my files seem to have thumbnails :/

I believe there's an option to "Hide transcode files" in the config menu?

I believe if you just put eng,off here that will do the trick.

Untitled-2-4.jpg

Nice. Thanks AB. I am going to try that tonight and see what happens. As I said I kind of had it like that, but not really.

This is actually good to know as well. :yes:

I ticked the 'Hide #Video Settings Folder' option but they are still visible on my XMB.

There is no way to hide transcode files as of yet.

With the program now automatically detecting if something needs to be transcoded hopefully shagrath will implement a tick box for it.

As for your thumbnails ynnoj, tick "use mplayer for video thumbnails".

There is no way to hide transcode files as of yet.

With the program now automatically detecting if something needs to be transcoded hopefully shagrath will implement a tick box for it.

As for your thumbnails ynnoj, tick "use mplayer for video thumbnails".

I have that option ticked and it won't generate any video thumbnails. The only way I can get a thumbnail of any kind for a file is by using the folder.jpg feature.

I am getting stuttering while streaming 1080p files now matter what I do. I've lowered the quality of the conversion and upped the buffer size to 600mb. My computer should be fast enough, I have a q6600 and 2 gigs of ram and have the program set to use all 4 cores. I'm also running this through a wired connection. My router is only 100 megs, would it help to get a gigabit router or is the ps3 ethernet limited to 100 mb?

Any suggestions?

Big update for the Mac users

- Changes / Features

Tsmuxer and flac binaries are now available in the OSX build, this adds a lot of features on Mac which were previously only available on Windows or Linux (like DTS and remux support)

Handling of UTF8 and UTF16 encoded external subtitles

Windows launcher now detects Java 64 bits if installed

New translations: Slovenian (thanks to Rob Wall)

Updated tsMuxer binaries for Windows/Linux

- Fixes

Media library major speed and size improvements (you may have to reset the library)

Improved fix for the stopped videos issue

Better support for mkvs with NTSC video track

Fix spaces usage in the audio/subtitles configurations

http://mogoo.free.fr/files/trunk/pms-setup...ws-1.10.619.exe

http://mogoo.free.fr/files/trunk/pms-linux-1.10.619.tgz

I am getting stuttering while streaming 1080p files now matter what I do. I've lowered the quality of the conversion and upped the buffer size to 600mb. My computer should be fast enough, I have a q6600 and 2 gigs of ram and have the program set to use all 4 cores. I'm also running this through a wired connection. My router is only 100 megs, would it help to get a gigabit router or is the ps3 ethernet limited to 100 mb?

Any suggestions?

the ps3 is gigabit, but it doesn't seem to really run at those speeds. I haven't had any stuttering problems though with my iMac and a gigabit network.

the ps3 is gigabit, but it doesn't seem to really run at those speeds. I haven't had any stuttering problems though with my iMac and a gigabit network.

I guess my mobo has 10/100 so I'd have a to get a new nic. :-( It's weird, I have one movie that is 1080p that runs stutter free but others that don't. 720p was running perfectly but I was watching a movie a minute ago and it was stuttering again. Maybe I should should reinstall and reset everything and start from scratch.

Are there any settings that I should be using that would help this stuttering problem with certain content? Would converting these files to a different type perhaps help?

Edited by Master Shake

I'm using this on a wireless connection and when playing MKV files it is way out of sync.. video seems to be in slow motion compared to the audio... is there a fix for this???