Sony calls out Xbox and Wii as flea market peddlers

Sony needs to really step up the negative marketing, and the others as well.

Like Apple? It works so well for them. I think Sony wants more than a single-digit market share. ;)

Being a former fan of Sony products before PS3, I have to disagree with the article. I kind of feel a tad insulted that because I can't afford a PS3, I'm low-class and "flea market" material. If microsoft officially stated that PS3 was made to cater to the ignorant with too much money to burn, there'd be hell to pay. As long as I'm considered "low class" in the eyes of Sony, they aren't getting anything I bartered at the flea market for lol.

Being a former fan of Sony products before PS3, I have to disagree with the article. I kind of feel a tad insulted that because I can't afford a PS3, I'm low-class and "flea market" material. If microsoft officially stated that PS3 was made to cater to the ignorant with too much money to burn, there'd be hell to pay. As long as I'm considered "low class" in the eyes of Sony, they aren't getting anything I bartered at the flea market for lol.

Your supposed to read the words below the bold bit too you know. ;)

Blu-ray functionality: I don't want Blu-ray. Sure, it's all fine and dandy, but I'm not going to upgrade to another format that will potentially die off.

Built-in Wi-Fi: I got a Wi-Fi adapter for my 360 under $50.

Huge hard drives: The PS3 has an 80 GB hard drive, the 360 has a 120 hard drive. Which one is "huge-er"?

Free online gaming: Xbox Live is much more integrated with the console than PSN is. Totally worth the (relatively cheap) service fee. ~$4.17 per month? That's pocket change.

"Ten years of ...": What, and the 360 doesn't offer this?

If you wanted a hard drive, you wouldn't buy the Arcade system. You start with at least a Pro - that pretty much brings it up to the spec with a PS3 except for WiFi. Blu-Ray player is completely subjective. I have done this in a different thread previously, since Sony is using all official Microsoft prices - let's add official HDMI cable on PS3's side. It was $80 something the last time I checked. :p It's funny that PS3 doesn't come with a HD cable in the box. Which is probably a major problem to normal people once they go home.

I just added those in the end to highlight how stupid Sony's arguments were - for the fun as you correctly said. :p

Btw, every heard of this? You need a separate computer but you can browse the internet on a 360.

I'm well aware that if you didn't want the hard drive you'd buy the arcade. But that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 has a bigger hard drive, has WiFi built-in, and has a Blu-ray player. Blu-ray isn't subjective at all -- it's a better technology than DVD for the future, as it plays both formats. Is everyone going to want or need WiFi or Blu-ray? Absolutely not. But it's still an advantage for Sony to have built-in.

Last time I checked, people who pay $80 for an HDMI cable are fools. Try $20.

I'm well aware that if you didn't want the hard drive you'd buy the arcade. But that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 has a bigger hard drive, has WiFi built-in, and has a Blu-ray player. Blu-ray isn't subjective at all -- it's a better technology than DVD for the future, as it plays both formats. Is everyone going to want or need WiFi or Blu-ray? Absolutely not. But it's still an advantage for Sony to have built-in.

Last time I checked, people who pay $80 for an HDMI cable are fools. Try $20.

Actually, 120 > 80, unless you're talking about the even more expensive 160GB limited model.

Is this a ****ing joke?! LMAO, they didn't even give me a flipping HDMI cable! Here is a PS3, have some RCA cables! ROFL. What a joke.

Yeah, I remember that feeling when I opened mine 2 years ago :D

600? well spen(Y)Y)

Wow, Sony sure is a sore loser.

Nintendo can't keep Wii on the shelves over 2 years since it's release. And it's not because their customers are "compromising".

Seriously Sony, grow up. You LOSE.

MS Responds to Sony Console Add-On Peddling Claims

Earlier this week, Sony sent Kotaku an oddly timed media bulletin, trumpeting the PlayStation 3's value versus the Wii and Xbox 360. It also accused Nintendo and Microsoft of "peddling add-ons." What say you, Microsoft?

"First, I would say we absolutely would not want to trade places with Sony," said Aaron Greenberg.

"We feel confident that we're delivering great value," he added. "I believe that we deliver more value for games and entertainment than any other platform on the market."

"I would rather talk about why you should buy our console than why you shouldn't buy the competitor's system."

Source: ZERGWatch

Sony just got served

You have to admit, it was almost as if Sony set up Microsoft for the perfect answer.

Sony reminds me of the Me monster

"I would rather talk about why you should buy our console than why you shouldn't buy the competitor's system."

Funny coming from the guy who was calling Home 2005 technology not so long ago. All these PR people are as bad as each other.

Source: C|Net News

:no:

I havent had to spend money expect for buying new AV cables which was my fault it broke

they have repiared it free everytime even when it was out of warrenty and didnt have RROD(though I said it did but they test it anyways)

and if you cant pay for XBL im not exactly sure you should be playing games in the first place and its superior to PSN

for a second there i thought i was back in the real world forum talking about the middle east.

anyway, as to Sony's comments, they can say whatever they want, but who wants to stay on the same console for ten years? this is not something the market is looking for. if i don't have a 720 by late next year i'll be getting quite irritated. consoles are not meant to last ten years the rate game technology is advancing, they never were.

secondly, as Lylesback said, what upgrading are they talking about? even the controllers are built like tanks and you never need to get new ones. since buying my 360 in late 2006, i haven't spent any additional money on hardware "upgrades".