[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

I forget where I was reading the review that said it was a console port, but it mentioned one of the reasons for saying so was the inability to lean left/right and the lack of binding options on the mouse or keyboard. I enjoyed the first FEAR, and people here seem to like it, so I'll give it a try and order it.

It is not scary for some people because your probably playing it on a **** ass tv with no surround sound. If you are like me, big screen 3 speakers surrounding my bed head and another 4 in the room I poo my pants each corner I turn

It is not scary for some people because your probably playing it on a **** ass tv with no surround sound. If you are like me, big screen 3 speakers surrounding my bed head and another 4 in the room I poo my pants each corner I turn

the school basement :blink:

No its not scary because it uses the same old FEAR techniques

I bought it for the pc and I'm installing it now. Maybe I didn't read the installation questions clearly and just kept pressing "next" but now Steam is updating.

I'm on DSL. Hopefully, in a couple of hours, Steam will update so I can play. But with my slow internet connection, it could take longer.

I forget where I was reading the review that said it was a console port, but it mentioned one of the reasons for saying so was the inability to lean left/right and the lack of binding options on the mouse or keyboard. I enjoyed the first FEAR, and people here seem to like it, so I'll give it a try and order it.

I don't get why people keep citing the lack of lean as "proof" that is is a port. console games can have lean and plent of them do...

My thoughts on the game...

It was pretty easy. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing because it helped me finish the game relatively quickly, but it was disconcerting nonetheless.

I might still play again on Hard and I might not.

Otherwise though, it was done fairly well. The story/Alma stuff played out a little odd, but kept me interested and makes more sense after I've thought about it than it did right after the end.

I don't play multiplayer usually, though my connection is changing very soon so *shrug*. Couldn't really say.

I still say the demo wasn't handled well. It made the sense of deja vu extremely high in the school, what could've been interesting was just 'meh been there done that'. Definately prtefer a demo only spoil the beginning...but I can see how they'd want to show more than was actually in the beginning.

I could say more I'm sure, but that's enough methinks.

Picked this up today on PC. Impressed so far, but kinda let down at the 'stutters' at the save points, other than that, its super.

Must be your PC... I don't have any stutters at save points.

No, but the review on Gametrailers states that Killzone 2 also freezes occasionally while auto-saving. Half-Life 2 does it on the consoles, can't recall if it does or doesn't on the PC.

Most games freezes on checkpoints yes but most games doesn't have a checkpoint every 6. second!

Not sure what you're playing, but mine definitely doesn't pause for even a half second. Not even on the 360.

A lot of people with much higher spec PC's than mine are reporting similar issues.

Yup, there's definitely something within the coding of the game or an incompatibility issue - Just release a patch and make these flippin' checkpoint saves optional ... How hard can it be?!

Edited by Sethos

Not sure what you're playing, but mine definitely doesn't pause for even a half second. Not even on the 360.

Same here, maybe it's too much for there eyes to take in so there eyes freezes ever 6 seconds. :laugh: /jk

I picked up the collectors edition a few days back, completed it yesterday. Got to say I think it's an amazing game, although I was kind of confused some of the way through as I hadn't played F.E.A.R: Extraction Point, but lucky for me the collectors edition came with it. :) I wouldn't say I was 'scared' playing it, but there are definately some jumpy and creepy moments. What's with the ending? Alma rapes you and gets pregnant?! Gotta say I didn't enjoy listening to her moan, but I look forward to seeing how FEAR3 continues the story.

...I still would.

As for people mentioning stutters, I don't have any problems at save points or at all, guess it comes down to the quality of your PC. The online play is pretty fun, not the best, but still enjoyable, especially the Control game-mode and the way you can slide around and roundhouse kick people in the face. If you don't already own this game, then go and buy it, right now. :yes:

I take that back. :blink:

Is it a widespread problem? I'd check out the official site/forums.

I don't think it's widespread per say but I have seen a fair few mentions, also in this thread - There isn't even any possible clue, like only Nvidia users or AMD processors, something like that.

Oh I see, because Sethos says it, it means I'm not wrong anymore? :p I jokes.

I have a feeling it's something to do with HD speed. But even those with SSD are reporting issues at save points, soo :s

I don't think it's widespread per say but I have seen a fair few mentions, also in this thread - There isn't even any possible clue, like only Nvidia users or AMD processors, something like that.

What is happening exactly, It's freezing briefly through checkpoints/saving? Or is it a random thing?

Oh I see, because Sethos says it, it means I'm not wrong anymore? :p I jokes.

I have a feeling it's something to do with HD speed. But even those with SSD are reporting issues at save points, soo :s

Haha, ofcourse - I disregard ANYTHING you say mate. :p <3

Damn, just played it for the first time on Campaign an multiplayer, I'm amazed.

I didn't have high hopes going into it but I absolutely love it! Specially online :D

It's not. I'm not trying to sound rude, but it may just be a pet peeve that makes him upset -- it's cool, I do the same thing at times. I've only seen it mentioned on the official forums one time, and there are a lot of complaint threads from hardcore F.E.A.R. fans there.