[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Piracy just what on earth are you on about?

:laugh:

Audio, can you at least read without putting a glazed face on to not listen.

You are going by other people opinions on the MP on KZ2 YET, you haven't played it. What if the game disappointing not only in MP but SP? Remember it IS possible, even if it your most anticipated game ever.

Audio, can you at least read without putting a glazed face on to not listen.

You are going by other people opinions on the MP on KZ2 YET, you haven't played it. What if the game disappointing not only in MP but SP? Remember it IS possible, even if it your most anticipated game ever.

Piracy you asked me about KZ2 multiplayer.

Did you forget about this post already? - https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...p;pid=590561734

So seriously, again, what are you on about?

At least KZ2 didn't get two lukewarm reviews :shiftyninja:

Sorry, I just had to budge in :laugh: I agree with you Piracy - We really don't know about KZ2 yet, only time will tell.

Piracy stop trying to pick fights about KZ2... In a FEAR 2 thread. :/

I have to say the game isn't great, it's good. Certainly looks better on the PC no doubt some of the slow-mo effects appear to have been toned down on the 360 and looks a bit iffy. Story is ok at best. It's the usual "OMG SCIENTISTS R EXPEREMENTINGZ" with a flair for the paranormal. Other than that the guns shoot, it's the same office affair as before and Alma attempts to make you jump. A decent rental.

I have to say the game isn't great, it's good. Certainly looks better on the PC no doubt some of the slow-mo effects appear to have been toned down on the 360 and looks a bit iffy. Story is ok at best. It's the usual "OMG SCIENTISTS R EXPEREMENTINGZ" with a flair for the paranormal. Other than that the guns shoot, it's the same office affair as before and Alma attempts to make you jump. A decent rental.

But we don't even know the story yet, the only thing we know is that it takes place before the events of F.E.A.R.

Unless you're talking about the overall story in which Harlan Wade uses his juvenile daughter etc etc etc.

Then yeah, it's a bit bland; but still creepy at the same time.

There are a lot of loose ends left to tie up (assuming there isn't going to be a F.E.A.R. 3) such as the agenda behind the ATC President (Aristide)

Piracy you asked me about KZ2 multiplayer.

Did you forget about this post already? - https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...p;pid=590561734

So seriously, again, what are you on about?

I asked you what is so special about KillZone 2 MP and you couldn't tell me apart from saying you are looking forward to it more than F.E.A.R.2, Yet you have no personal tested opinion on that other than your opinion, OMGZ KillZone 2 is the best game ever!

I am looking forward to the game probably as much as you are, But you can't just say F.E.A.R.2 MP is weak based on reviews when we haven't played it. You only have to point to the Eurogamers review against everyone else's to realise that sometimes u have to play it yourself.

Wow, you have convinced me!

Nice info for someone who hasn't even played it yet.

I asked you what is so special about KillZone 2 MP and you couldn't tell me apart from saying you are looking forward to it more than F.E.A.R.2, Yet you have no personal tested opinion on that other than your opinion, OMGZ KillZone 2 is the best game ever!

I am looking forward to the game probably as much as you are, But you can't just say F.E.A.R.2 MP is weak based on reviews when we haven't played it. You only have to point to the Eurogamers review against everyone else's to realise that sometimes u have to play it yourself.

Piracy, again, what are you rambling about?

Would you please revert to the last page and read what I said, then realise how it was you who went and crapped on this topic going bonkers about KZ2.

I'm gonna play both games, I'm just not going to spend much time with FEAR 2 MP if it's as average as reviews say, so calm the hell down.

Wow, you have convinced me!

Without pointing the finger at Spookies sources if he has played it, the game has leaked on consoles & PC by the way.

Edited by Audioboxer

See below

Without pointing the finger at Spookies sources if he has played it, the game has leaked on consoles & PC by the way.

I work in my mates game store (indy ftw). I am allowed to rent the latest 'releases'. :p

Back on topic :)

Still haven't got it. I'm about to drive to a Walmart that's a bit out of the way to try and get it since the one in my college town doesn't have it.

I've been hearing that, unfortunately :( Is the demo a good representation of the final game?

Yeah, just imagine that, with a few more enemys (well there are three archtypes 'puppeteers' - run about screaming lifting up dead soldiers to shoot you, soliders - all with diffrent guns and screaming fast jumping little ****s which get in your face and the odd mech, but they are more mini bosses).

Level design is... meh at best. It's less bland than Halo, a little less cluttered than Gears and takes place in endless courtyards and corridors. Most of the areas look very familiar. You get easily lost because no one highlights the way and there is a fair bit of needless backtracking to get to another zone. I guess the idea was you learned where the cover was so you can then use it with your slow mo ability.

Talking of graphics they are average at best, more colorful than 8-shades-of-**** gears but there isn't much you can do with a long running office complex and 'underground bases'. They shot them selfs in the foot with that one.

Sound effects are nice though guns sound more realistic and the slow mo effects are decent enough. The music is certainly diffrent, feels more asian considering this was made by a very western developer, from most FPS. Guns feel meaty after you drop the sub machine gun and the AI provides a reasonable challenge, resorting to flanking and flushing you out without resorting to the scripting nade spamming tricks of CoD4.

It's a good game but still feels like they didn't play any recent shooters and saw where the genre is going.

edit: oops sorry didn't mean to turn that in to a mini-review (7/10 :laugh: )

No, the demo is worse. I'm definately liking the full a lot more.

Ooh that's good! Because I was a little disappointed by the demo.

I'll be looking forward to the full game.

Much like other titles recently (Saints Row 2 for example, possibly Dawn of War 2 soon as well) it uses Steam for DRM and updating.

You might as well get used to it, I imagine you'll see it a lot more often.

That's a good game started playing 10 @ night and was up until 4 am (and at work @ 7 :( ). I just couldn't put the game down, it's mostly the story gameplay is like any run and gun shooter.

Which version are you playing? I played the 360 demo after playing the PC demo and could not believe the difference in texture quality between the two platforms. Dunno how the PS3 is fairing in that dept.

I only played on 360, I quite playing on PC long time ago (It cost too much nowadays to be a PC Gamer). Graphic wise there's no problem, the game looks a lot similar to fear 1 (It's kind of sad), But to be honest the first game was little ahead of it's time in the graphic department since there wasn't that many high-end computers in those days.

Overall the story looks good, graphics are good, I haven?t tried multiplayer yet. But I would say same as any others out there. So I agree with all the other reviewers it?s 8.5-9/10 in my book.

Also I didn't feel any fear form the game, so if you're jumpy by nature than you're going to have a blast in that department. I was melo all the game (I still have couple of chapters left).

Edited by Neo003

Well I'm more interested in the story and multiplayer than the graphics. That being said, I still couldn't believe the difference between the PC and 360 textures. It was like night and day.

Hopefully I'll enjoy the MP, since I still love playing FEAR 1's MP from time to time. I know they removed slom-mo modes and slo-mo items from MP (which I think sucks, but eh) and it's just a basic DM/TDM/Zone MP type deal. But I love the weapons and stuff so, it's still fun for me!

Well completed it. What an anti climax that was! I think I jumped twice throughout the entire game where the first had me flying out my seat numerous times.

Ah well.