[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

When does it get scary guys? I am maybe 10 minutes into Interval 3 and there have been limited scary parts other than some of the things at the start?

I guess I just expected it to live to up to FEAR in the fact that scary stuff was hitting you constantly and at the best times.

Afraid? I was never afraid playing either game. Tense? Definately. It builds up the tension, so at first you won't too see much in that direction.

Some of the stuff is just freaky.

I see what you mean with the tension but sometimes stuff is just scary (relatively few so far). I just think they waste a lot of opportunities because the music, sounds, etc. build up a lot of tension in certain places but then all you do is go through a door (nothing happens) and shoot some more people.

It's more interesting when you're getting out of the first areas. My only complaint is all the music and sound crap...just ruins it for me. If I saw something jump out at me, I might freak a little...but if I start hearing music before that even happens I only think "what the hell was the point of that? way to ruin the surprise"

I love the game overall so far, but as far as the sound design goes...needs work.

When does it get scary guys? I am maybe 10 minutes into Interval 3 and there have been limited scary parts other than some of the things at the start?

I guess I just expected it to live to up to FEAR in the fact that scary stuff was hitting you constantly and at the best times.

I never got scared during either, so far. There are definitely some creepy parts about mid-way through the game, though. As randomevent said, I think "tense" more aptly describes it.

Game is getting better as I go :D 3 More levels. Fairly decent length. I'd say longer than Half-Life 2.

It's more interesting when you're getting out of the first areas. My only complaint is all the music and sound crap...just ruins it for me. If I saw something jump out at me, I might freak a little...but if I start hearing music before that even happens I only think "what the hell was the point of that? way to ruin the surprise"

I love the game overall so far, but as far as the sound design goes...needs work.

It's supposed to build tension.

I am not a scary type of gamer (or movie person) and I really didn't find this scary, had no issues playing it.

I am actually going to be playing the first FEAR soon, to catch up and all that, is it much scarier? Cause if so, hmm.

I am not a scary type of gamer (or movie person) and I really didn't find this scary, had no issues playing it.

I am actually going to be playing the first FEAR soon, to catch up and all that, is it much scarier? Cause if so, hmm.

Yes, I thought the original was a lot more scary to where I am in Project Origin right now.

It's supposed to build tension.

I know, I've read enough about sound design to know what the intent is, and it just doesn't. It's possible the audio timing is off on my machine due to whatever the hell technology they're using for it, but either way it just feels really awkward in spots.

Just finished the game, definitely glad I bought this. :D

Also, having played the game, thinking that someone gave this game a score of 5/10 makes me wonder what exactly they expected of this game.

I'm currently at Interval 3...having already gone in the elevator. So far I'm really liking this game. It's just plain fun. Haven't played the first one though so I have nothing to compare it to.

How long is the whole game?

I'm currently at Interval 3...having already gone in the elevator. So far I'm really liking this game. It's just plain fun. Haven't played the first one though so I have nothing to compare it to.

How long is the whole game?

I played on hard and looked for all the intel and everything, and it probably took me 15 hours or so I guess. Maybe give or take 2 hours.

Should be getting this on Friday this week, why is there always so much month left at the end of the money?

I was reading a review that said it was a console port, not a real PC FPS. Is that true?

Fear 1 was originally a PC game ported to the xbox or something right? So it's the other way around I think.

FEAR 2s target dev platform was the 360, but they are experienced PC devs so it's not really a 'port' situation. Most of the 'port' comments are targeted at the unusual HUD and lack of save, I suspect. I found it rather nice myself.

I was reading a review that said it was a console port, not a real PC FPS. Is that true?

Runs smooth as silk maxed out on my not too beefy X2 5600+ and 9600gt, it's very optimized.

If it is a port its a good one.