Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live

Just for the sake of making it clear expressing your sexual orientation is not the problem here. The problem is the place the person chose to do it. So please don't make it sound like being gay is bad. Stop twisting things around and making it sound politically incorrect. That is not the point here. There is no connection between gaming and sexual orientation period. So that is unnecessary detail on a place meant for gaming. So stop whining and move on.

I am male... so I guess that is sexual nature too? Sorry but I don't see how me writing "I am gay" can offend anyone. Please note that I wouldn't do it, but I don't see anything wrong with those that do it.

How is saying you're a male sexual in nature? Stop arguing for the sake of arguing and think about what you're saying. Saying "I am a male" is not sexual in nature. Saying "I am straight" or "I am gay" is sexual in nature. Whether or not it offends anyone is irrelevant. Microsoft has a policy of not stating anything sexual in nature to avoid any potential problems -- problems that she brought upon herself and reported!

It was her choice to disobey that rule. Why is she whining about being abused when Microsoft has a rule that would have stopped the abuse from the get go?

For the record, stating your sexual orientation in your profile on Xbox Live is grounds for suspension. I apologize if this has been mentioned already.

Well it shouldn't be and that is the problem here. I should be allowed to say I am straight in my profile and a homosexual person should be allowed to say they are homosexual. I don't see what is possibly wrong with saying such things?

At the end of the day, XBL is a gaming service.

I don't know why microsoft put in the bio stuff, its just going to lead to problems.

I don't want to know anything about the people i'm playing, i don't need to know anything about them.

Microsoft obviously shares my viewpoint. I know i'm going to get flamed quite a bit for this, but IN XBL, i agree with m$ banning(well, maybe banning is a bit harsh, maybe one warning) anybody that states any personal information irrelevant to the gaming experience.

I'm fine with somebody saying how they work for EA or how they play video games professionally. Those relate to the overall gaming experience.

Stating that you're lesbian, gay, bi, straight does not add a single thing to the gaming experience. Neither does saying your race or religion.

Am I alone with this viewpoint?

At the end of the day, XBL is a gaming service.

I don't know why microsoft put in the bio stuff, its just going to lead to problems.

I don't want to know anything about the people i'm playing, i don't need to know anything about them.

Microsoft obviously shares my viewpoint. I know i'm going to get flamed quite a bit for this, but IN XBL, i agree with m$ banning(well, maybe banning is a bit harsh, maybe one warning) anybody that states any personal information irrelevant to the gaming experience.

I'm fine with somebody saying how they work for EA or how they play video games professionally. Those relate to the overall gaming experience.

Stating that you're lesbian, gay, bi, straight does not add a single thing to the gaming experience. Neither does saying your race or religion.

Am I alone with this viewpoint?

You're not alone on your views, I share the same view as you do.

But isn't a profile there to contain information about you? Probably any information about you.

I mean, with your views, you wouldn't even want to know their name, where they are from, their gender? I find that silly. I think a profile about somebody should contain any information about them that they wish to share with the world.

but not if that information detracts from the experience that other people pay to enjoy.

Now i'm not saying i personally would be offended if somebody said their sexuality or anything, but i can see how some could.

To be honest, i don't know why they put the profile there.

Apparently they thought it would be a good idea to promote things which they don't allow...

frogger, you're certainly not alone. political correctness mandates a sensitive topic be either avoided altogether unless completely relevant, or moderated. since moderation is controversial and leads to further bickering, i'd go with avoidance. defenders are jumping up and down to this chick's rescue because she's being oppressed by a corporate monolith...i say bullcrap. if i put "Big ###### lover and proud lifelong Gent subscriber" in my bio they'd give me hell over it as well, most likely ban me until i agreed to change it.

just stick to the gaming and enough with the look at me stuff.

I'm not exactly sure as to if there is any personal information that is relevant to the gaming experience.

Do you need to know someones Name? Location? Age? etc... to game with them?

In order to show my support for the lesbian community, I've decided to also state that I am a lesbian within my Xbox profile. Anyone else fancy joining me?!

I would, but I haveth not an XBox...... :(

A black male is not walking around screaming that he is black and how awesome it is..

We have a festival in the summer here in Canada, that we do just that...I however just go for the food! And, then there is Black History Month, however I don't care about Black History, as my historical ancestry from France & Scotland are so much richer!

I have no problem with peoples sexual orientation, but wearing it as a badge isnt kool. I dont care wether you like guys, gals or horses just dont take every opirtunity to rub it in my face.

I,ll probs take some flak for this but having a "Gay" Flag is a good example, I mean is there a sovereign nation of gay? Do all us Hetrosexuals have a Hetro-rights march and wave the non existent "Hetro Flag"? No!

So enuff of this segregating yourself and instead of using every oppurtunity to describe yourself in a provoking light, realise were all human and were all just trying to get on with it.

Oh and no offence but proclaiming your sexuality on xbox live is a no brainer when it comes to the kind of abuse you,ll take. 90% of them are pubescent teens who still giggle at the word bone.

I get that you should be able to be openly gay and have res[ect for your sexuality but theres other ways to do it. I mean i wouldnt enter a room and announce to everyone im straight, someone would have to ask me 1st. Being open in this case doesnt warrant flying the gay flag or plastering your sign in names and personal info with your sexual preferences. It just means that should someone ask you , you comfortably and proudly reply.

But hey thats my 2cents

I have no problem with peoples sexual orientation, but wearing it as a badge isnt kool. I dont care wether you like guys, gals or horses just dont take every opirtunity to rub it in my face.

How is putting the orientation in the profile "rubbing it into your face"? :blink:

Really guys? Are you ignoring the fact the it is optional to use XBL and look at profiles just like it is optional to play games with feminine male characters, beheadings, innocent slaying, sex and same sex marriage? This doesn't make sense.

....and Karma finally stops trying to hide in his little doll house, and comes out and goes overboard to admit he is a gay basher.

It's only taken 28/29 pages, damn NW must be loving the traffic this topic is bringing in :laugh:

Nope, its gone past that now mate. I am just kidding around now... You guys have to learn to take a joke. This story has gone way overboard!

Thanks for agreeing with me. Yup i think we should maybe get a petition on the go to ban gays from online completely.

How am I agreeing with you, I was asking you a direct question...but thanks for putting words in my mouth; of course you being a closet homosexual you wanted to put something else in my mouth. No thank you.

How am I agreeing with you, I was asking you a direct question...but thanks for putting words in my mouth; of course you being a closet homosexual you wanted to put something else in my mouth. No thank you.

So thats what a homosexual is!?! I thought there was more to it than wanting to do that to the other sex but hey.....

You gays are crazy!!