Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live

Yes on 8!

But on a more serious note. I don't have anything against those that choose the LGBT lifestyle. I do not, however, approve of their actions or said lifestyle. Tolerance is a word that seems to be used alot when referencing this subject and can only say one thing... Tolerance means that you are entitled to your views, and I am entitled to mine, and while it is important to respect others' beliefs, I don't have to agree with them!

Hate crime deals with violent crimes against gender, race, orientation. Look it up

I already knew before I posted, just saying that there is a law regarding violent occurrences, pretty much knew that there isn't a specific law regarding harassment on ones sexual orientation, I should of extended my reply a little more, my apologies.

Edit: Upon looking up on it a bit more closely (Wikipedia):

A "hate crime" can take two forms: "hate crime" generally refers to criminal acts which are seen to have been motivated by hatred of one or more of the listed conditions. The second kind is hate speech, which is speech defined as crime. While hate crimes are rarely debated, the hate speech concept is controversial, as criminalizing speech can be seen as impugning freedom of speech. Incidents may involve physical assault, damage to property, bullying, harassment, verbal abuse or insults, or offensive graffiti or letters.

I can't really say much as every country to every state to every province has a different definition of what they class as a Hate/Speech Crime.

Edited by IsaacD

So, by that logic, it'd be OK to ban a black person because of their color or a Jewish person because of their religion? Their sexual orientation is no different.

If a group of people protested on private property that they hated the owner of the property, isn't the owner entitled to remove them off his property?

Most people here are guessing that because a lesbian was banned that it was because of her sexual orientation. Microsoft did not ban her because of sexual orientation, but because she disturbed others. Obviously the say of 5-10 people is more prominent than the say of one person. (at least in this case)

Yes on 8!

But on a more serious note. I don't have anything against those that choose the LGBT lifestyle. I do not, however, approve of their actions or said lifestyle. Tolerance is a word that seems to be used alot when referencing this subject and can only say one thing... Tolerance means that you are entitled to your views, and I am entitled to mine, and while it is important to respect others' beliefs, I don't have to agree with them!

BINGO! I would rather kill myself then kiss a man, but that doesn't mean I've got any problems with a gay couple kissing. Just don't do it in front of me..( That goes for straight couples too). Just give Gay citizens the same rights as straight citizens... then everybody will be happy.

Just because the two guys next door decide to get married, doesn't mean I'll be the one waking up with a sore butt...

Yes on 8!

This is simple ignorance. No one chooses the gay lifestyle simply because being gay is NOT a lifestyle. Refusing to understand that for whatever personal reason you have is plain ignorance.

BINGO! I would rather kill myself then kiss a man, but that doesn't mean I've got any problems with a gay couple kissing. Just don't do it in front of me..( That goes for straight couples too). Just give Gay citizens the same rights as straight citizens... then everybody will be happy.

Just because the two guys next door decide to get married, doesn't mean I'll be the one waking up with a sore butt...

I would rather kill myself then kiss a woman (figuratively).

She wasn't banned for being lesbian, she was banned for stating her sexual orientation on her profile on a family service that doesn't allow that in the TOS.

qft

I don't see the problem here.

How many straight guys do you see going around telling people about all the women they've ****ed lately? How many guys like to brag about it all the time?

The way I see it, they're essentially saying "I'm straight and proud!" so I have no qualm with someone saying "I'm gay and proud!". Saying how many other gays they've had sex with, to me, is just as annoying as the above. Since nobody seems to want to kick up a fuss about that, then equality is the price we must pay.

Right so who's going to say they're gay/lesbian on their PSN profile and see what Sony do? :rofl: Then after that move onto the Wii.

ps. This topic is a train-wreck of fail.

No, actually i was referencing that because if we were in a gaybar then they would freely do exactly what they wanted and i wouldnt think twice about it. I was referencing it for the fact that we were not in a gaybar. Gaybars were built for a reason no?

Think before you post next time.

So you can scope out the ladies and make lewd remarks and the like and that's ok because you're not gay and are not in a gay bar while doing it?

And for the record, Yes i do have a problem with it. I am very mature but i am 100% against the whole gay community and i am happy to admit that.

See that quote? That's why places like gay bars exist. You've stated that you have gay friends. How? If you're 100% against the whole gay community, how can you be friends with any of them?

Jeez, what's up with all this 'equal right to everybody' bs nowadays..

The bad part about that is that you actually mean it.

So you can scope out the ladies and make lewd remarks and the like and that's ok because you're not gay and are not in a gay bar while doing it?

I think somebody hasn't read other posts

Your username means something btw? ;)

Your username means something btw? ;)

You're one to talk, because karma is going to come back to haunt you!

Anyeverhow....

If Micrsoft were a Canadian company, they'd never get away with something light this!

You're one to talk, because karma is going to come back to haunt you!

Oh!

Anyeverhow....

:blink:

If Micrsoft were a Canadian company, they'd never get away with something light this!

Microsoft* and Why? Are you saying that Americans are the scum of the earth and shouldn't be allowed to kiss in public build software?

Maybe Microsft looked at this from a financial point of view that hundreds of peoples are more important to it than one girl and its their right (If we want to walk that road) But still people should be nore sensitive about others , you shouldn't bully any person in general and specially based on his race or religion or sexual orientation , Bullies are cowards , specially Cyber Thugs !!!! IMO the girl was being bullied anyway , Maybe Microsoft wouldn't send out people into an Xbox game and try to protect her but the least they can do is not ban her , let her be and let her take the responsibilty of her actions , its not like the people bullying her would stop playing if Microsft hadn't banned her !!! Sure in real life you don't run around screeming I'm a gay or lesbian but sometimes you say it out loud to people because you just want to be at peace with yourself !!! God never killed a person because he's gay or Lesbian !! Microsft just killed someone in their own little world !!! These terms of service are not written in stone , they can overlook it once and twice and maybe even change the rules if they had to to feel people more accepted !!!

In order to show my support for the lesbian community, I've decided to also state that I am a lesbian within my Xbox profile. Anyone else fancy joining me?!

You fight the power,brotha.

Fight_The_Power.jpg

..alone. :rofl:

personally no problem with people talking about sex, but also not sure why there's those who have to bring this agenda into gaming. completely irrelevant. i don't think of my Live profile and data as another opportunity to get in people's faces, just as access to great gaming. why anyone would treat it otherwise is beyond me. there's so much inferiority complex doing the rounds - folks desperate to have others notice them.

Everyones just assuming she had some ulterior motive for putting it in her profile, maybe she got sick and fracking tired of all the guys hitting on her everyone knows how girls get treated on the internets it happens here on Neowin, a girl posts and everyone goes mental "OMG A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111oneoneonetwobucklemyshoe".

She had every right to put it in her profile wether you people like it or not.

I wonder if she'd be banned for declaring herself straight. Everyone should change their profile to read "Sexual Orientation: Straight" if they are, in fact, straight. If they don't get banned, it was discriminatory to ban her for her profile. That's what you naysayers are not getting.

I wonder if she'd be banned for declaring herself straight. Everyone should change their profile to read "Sexual Orientation: Straight" if they are, in fact, straight. If they don't get banned, it was discriminatory to ban her for her profile. That's what you naysayers are not getting.

Officially, Microsoft says they do not allow anybody posting their sexual orientation, gay or straight, in their profiles. So, if they follow through with that, people will be banned for it.

Probably just an attention ######.

...or maybe the kiddie gameboys hate the fact they just got pwn'd in a game by a female..expecially one that likes other females. I really don't see why this is a issue. I bet if somone walked up to these same whiners and handed them a free $100.00 bill...and then told them she was a lesbian...you think they would hand it back because their offended...but then alot of people don't have any control of their real life and have to live in the virtual world for some sort of authority or status.

Edited by jwjw1

Lesbians are pretty cool.

I'm a huge (in the pants) fan of Tegan and Sara, check them out.

As for the XBL- getting banned for that is utterly retarded, haha! >_<