Bear Travels

Going good...I haven't organized and pulled some of the better ones yet for this, but you can see some here: Flickr

Tomorrow I should be at a Tigers game (baseball), so he is coming with! And should I be able to keep him through the weekend, Friday I should be able to take him out on the road a little down town Detoit

Bah!

Had great tickets (our work tickets) and couldn't go to the game because I had to work late >.<

So are we pushing this to littleneutrino in ohio next since that stop was missed?

Just a reminder, if Ermete wants to go to the arctic, he needs to be at my doorstep by the 28th. :D

Will he make it :( I want to see that. Let's make it happen please.

If he's going to be close to the Atlanta, Ga area around 10/24/2009. I could take him to the track (Road Atlanta) for the Porsche Club Driver's Education event. I'm sure I can get Ermete a ride around the track and/or sitting in a car.

if you want him to see the walmart headquarters world home office... im up for that its a 5 minute drive from my house.. also the very first walmart store ever which is now a historical site?

anywhere in north west Arkansas i could do it.. im really eager to do this for yall... if crash gets it its not that far to arkansas on a mail route should get here quickly... then i could get it to the next person

if you want him to see the walmart headquarters world home office... im up for that its a 5 minute drive from my house.. also the very first walmart store ever which is now a historical site?

anywhere in north west Arkansas i could do it.. im really eager to do this for yall... if crash gets it its not that far to arkansas on a mail route should get here quickly... then i could get it to the next person

It could go from Kansas to Arkansas to Arlington then San Antonio.

So, unless things change, it's coming to me. Thus, it'll see quite a few places. I'm on a business trip to Ottawa, so unless anyone has reserved to do Ottawa, Ermete can tour the nation's capital for a few days.

Then, off to the Arctic Circle! Itinerary is, Toronto Airport -> Edmonton Airport -> stop at Whitehorse, Yukon -> destination of Old Crow, Yukon. I'll take him for helicopter rides, and mountain hiking, and all that there is to do (or lack thereof) in wide open tundra. Note, it is the summer, so please get the picture of 100% snow out of your heads, hahaha. Though, there probably will be ice sheets still remaining in the thermokarstic terrain north of Old Crow. The most epic will be the mass caribou migration (think Planet Earth), so I'm hoping our three days of helicopter bookings coincides with that. And grizzly fattening season (pre-hibernation). Goo times.

Then, coming back is via Dawson, Yukon and Inuvik, North West Territories, and Vancouver, British Columbia instead of Edmonton. So we get to tour lots of airports. And last but not least, see what few things there are to see in Waterloo, Ontario. Then, I'll have him shipped out to whoever is next (Toronto?) the week of the 14th in September.

On that note, does anybody know what the policies are for taking pics inside of an airport? I'll be taking both my D50 and craptastic P&S L10 on this trip, so I'm wondering what is the best so I don't get raped by security, lol.

Edited by Napalm Frog

Don't take pics inside airport. Period.

LOL

Just make sure to take all electronics out of their bags and put them into a bin

Keep your boarding pass and ID with you

Don't forget to take off your boots and belt before going through the metal detector

That's it...besides that you can do just about whatever after you get in the airport

Shipped off today to Mr Napalm, hoping it gets there in time! Shipping across the border is a pain :p If I had my passport, I would have just taken him over and mailed him from inside Canada! Ah well

Added new pics of Ermete!

3854094257_f1a99a726a.jpg

3854097939_221658ab3c.jpg

3854886414_84c96cb403.jpg

3854884086_8a64bdfae7.jpg

3854890184_83e188e210.jpg

3854889794_810344d227.jpg

3854889496_2767e58605.jpg

weee is Ermete going back down to the US after the arctic trip and then coming back up the west coast or are we going to do the canadian tour first?

Edited by primexx

Haha. This is funny!! I'd be more than willing to take him next time I go to Beijing. I could get pics of him at the Great Wall and Forbidden City!!

Well, I would assume those in southern Ontario would be up next simply due to proximity. Where are you guys abouts? I know quite a few people are from the Toronto region...

can we have a seperate place where the pictures are put so we dont have to go trawling through 17 pages to find the pics?

That's a great idea. I'm going to add a Bear Travels collection to my Flickr account, so that way everything is in one spot. If everybody could do something similar (using anything, like Flickr, Photobucket, a blog, etc) and then we post these to either the main page or the bear travels blog, that would be great!

And update on Ermete: He has crossed into Canada! After being forwarded from Michigan to Ohio, he is now in the main FedEx hub of the GTA, in Mississauga. That means he will be in my possession either tomorrow, or Friday if I miss the first drop.

EDIT: I'm thinking that Bubbabyte should get it next, as he stated it's a near Niagara Falls location, right? That would work great, because then he can be sent to Toronto, then unless there were other Ontarians, he can slowly head south or west.

Moonman is in T.O and i'm near niagara falls. I don't mind if i get it next, because i think moonman said he wanted me to take it first cause he was away.. but that may have changed. Either way we are all relatively close.

Hey, those who are near niagra falls and are taking it there, can i have a request?

Theres this very little Chapel in niagra falls and my friend Zoe was wondering if it was ok to have it photographed there.

Ermete arrived at the door step, so once I get to the house tonight, he'll be there waiting for me! Three days of Ottawa, then latitude 67? N and higher. YAY! I'll keep everybody posted.:DD

Hey, those who are near niagra falls and are taking it there, can i have a request?

Theres this very little Chapel in niagra falls and my friend Zoe was wondering if it was ok to have it photographed there.

I can do it if you know the specifics of the place.. i'm sure there are a few but i only know of one that i pass by all the time on lundy's lane.