Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

anyone have any difficulties with their nic when they update via windows update?? mine's been problematic since 7048. connects to the network, but no internet access. have to do a restart and everything is fine, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for hours. don't know what to make of it. If i don't update, then it works fine.

Should be fixed in build 7057 :)

anyone have any difficulties with their nic when they update via windows update?? mine's been problematic since 7048. connects to the network, but no internet access. have to do a restart and everything is fine, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for hours. don't know what to make of it. If i don't update, then it works fine.

Hey! This is my first time on Win 7 and I experience this problem. Initially i thought i didn't had my NIC drivers properly installed or my ISP was giving me crap again.

But now that you mentioned. Yeah... sometimes while surfing... it just won't load... and i gotta wait for maybe a few minutes or longer and the connection gets back......

Any one else?

Should be fixed in build 7057 :)

still having the problem in 7057

sometimes if I play with the security settings, it'll come back without the restart, entering in the same settings that were saved there, but more often than not, a restart is required. Just can't figure this one out.

I think the windows live messenger "jumplist" (the right click menu on taskbar icon) is updated. The seperators have bigger space on the menu.

EDIT: windows media player > options > player > "Save recently used to the Jumplist instead of freqiently used"

This is a new option...

Edited by nyolc8

What I was getting from MS is that these new builds would be slower because they had more debugging software running in the background getting them ready for the release. This is why they did not give them to the public just to some testers.

jesus man, think about it. quit praying for an early release, it will be 2010 and this confirms it in my mind.

I haven't read all 33 pages, so I'm guessing this has already been answered...

but like Pharos said,

Not at all, the reason it expires in 2010 is that this is probably the RC build and those kind of builds usually only expire after the finalized version is out. If I remember correctly the RC build of Vista still worked for a good 6 months after it RTM'ed. :woot:

Indeed.

The pre-release versions of Microsoft Windows Vista, Vista Beta 1, Vista Beta 2, Windows Vista RC1 and Windows Vista RC2 are set to expire on May 31, 2007.

So, based on this rate, there's every reason to suppose that Win7 would be RTM'ed on (being really pedantic here lol) 3 October 09. Thus I'd say a Sept-Oct (a really early 4Q) release.

<snip>

Win7 7057 x64

500 or more kb/sec woohooo....

Send me a PM if you can't dl from that site =D

Edited by Mathachew
Do not post warez links

Win7 7057 x64

500 or more kb/sec woohooo....

Send me a PM if you can't dl from that site =D

thanks, seems to be working

my isp sucks though, my max is 180kb/s dl so it'll take me half a day to get it.

thanks again!!

Edited by rednekcowboy

koinonia, you might want to remove that link mate, it's against the rules posting it :)

while I agree with you that this should've been done via pm, at least he was nice enough to help out, rather than just bragging about having it!!!

No offense, I just thought the purpose of a forum is to help each other, not for bragging rights!!

Well that's utter tosh, as I'm a Technet Plus subscriber, and the only available build is 7000 ATM. :)

+1

I've had to procure newer builds via alternative methods...

The build 7000 was good but I must say that this build is even better than 7000! I like it, and the upgrading process didn't affect any of my installed applications, everything was working perfectly after the installation.

post-121126-1236954146_thumb.jpg

post-121126-1236954163_thumb.jpg

Edited by daniel_rh

7057 x86 was bad for me...

for some reason, booting was taking 4 minutes after the OS logo appeared and I couldn't get write caching enabled on my samsung hdd as the policies tab was missing.

It is there in 7048, which is what I'm running now.. and it boots fine.

Not sure what they changed that would cause this, as I'd really rather be running 7057.

I have an HP Pavilion DV2750eb and the aero doesn't work with build 7057, does anybody know where I can get the driver?

also, scrolling with the touchpad does not work.

I have an HP Pavilion DV2750eb and the aero doesn't work with build 7057, does anybody know where I can get the driver?

also, scrolling with the touchpad does not work.

Your notebook has a Nvidia 8400M graphics chipset. Windows update should download the driver for you automatically. If it doesn't, you can download direct from Nvidia.com.

Windows update should have a WDDM 1.1 driver, if not the Vista x86 drivers will also work just fine:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_noteb...79.48_beta.html