Windows 7 Build 7100 RC (Changes/Bugs/Tweaks) Discussion

Even after 100+ posts in a dozen forums about the internet loss bug in every build since 7022, it continues into the RC.

This is the bug that affects both wired and wireless connections, drops connection, defies troubleshooting, hangs upon restart requiring hard shutdown, then resets upon startup. More than two dozen users reported it in a thread on Neowin for 7077.

I have started a new thread "7100: Lose Internet Yet?" Maybe someone from MS will see it this time.

Is WMP12 allowing third party codecs yet?

I always install "win7codec pack". Seems to work, as I have yet to even try playing vids first before putting that in. Windows doesn't throw up any warning or errors, avi files play fine in WMP. I might be wrong, but I think you still have the ability to use your own codecs, unless you are using something extremely obscure....

I came to this thread expecting to see a change log or bugs described or such. I gave up on reading through all the debate over whether 7100 is real or not. This build is the same build that will be released to you in May. It's not going to change. It's not getting a new user interface or features. This is essentially build 7077 and up with some bug fixes and debug code removed.

Changes are being made now in the RTM builds, which is why MSFT branched the builds.

PS. It seems the posts have slowed down since WarWagon laid down the law. ;)

I have a quick question I hope someone can answer..

Can the RC be activated with one of those keys from the Beta (Build 7000)?

And has anyone had any experience upgrading from the beta to 7100?

Thanks! :D

This is essentially build 7077 and up with some bug fixes and debug code removed.

Feels so, but IIRC 7077 was much smaller in size compared to 7100.

I'm not sure if this is new but my SDHC reader icon changed from the generic SD logo to this one.

31747579.png

I have a quick question I hope someone can answer..

Can the RC be activated with one of those keys from the Beta (Build 7000)?

And has anyone had any experience upgrading from the beta to 7100?

Thanks! :D

Yes the beta keys work (as long as you install Ultimate, which is the default and only option unless you modify one of the .ini files). Granted I have a unique (non-public) beta key, but I dont see why my unique key would work and the public ones wouldn't.

As for upgrading, I personally decided to do a clean install, told myself a few weeks ago that when the RC came out I was going to do a clean install and use it until RTM/Release.

Upgrading from beta -> RC is likely to cause more problems than a fresh install. Besides, you have to modify an INI to upgrade from beta (assuming you mean 7000) anyway.

i have one question...

this leaked build all around..

does it have that wallpaper?? which is shown on gizmodo?

i mean.. is it exactly the same build the gizmodo one is???

i have one question...

Yes, it is here (under Scenes, if your looking for it).

The Build Stamp in the bottom right is also exactly the same.

i have one question...

Yes. Its location: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Scenes\img27.jpg

Yes, it is here (under Scenes, if your looking for it).

The Build Stamp in the bottom right is also exactly the same.

:) thank u so much

Yes. Its location: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Scenes\img27.jpg

thank u :)

Im downloadin it rite now :D

And the ISO is 2.35Gb.... rite??

coz i saw a different ISO 2.5Gb.. and i think that is fake

:) thank u so much

thank u :)

Im downloadin it rite now :D

And the ISO is 2.35Gb.... rite??

coz i saw a different ISO 2.5Gb.. and i think that is fake

Genuine ISO size= 2.35GB or 2471656 kB

Genuine ISO size= 2.35GB or 2471656 kB

thank u once again :p

my internet is very slow 512kbps..

so ill report back 12hours later when im done with the installation :D :D :D :D :D

i hope its stable like 7000.....

Anyone have an Auzentech Prelude 7.1 soundcard, and has gotten it to work in Windows 7?

If so, how?

Install the drivers provided by daniel_k.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...hread.id=135215

No need to spoof the installer. It'll detect Windows 7.

These ones work pretty well and they give you more out of the stock Auzentech drivers to boot. (the THX Console being an example)

Also, do we need to download Intel chipset installation utility and intel matrix storage drivers for us intel chipset users?

They only have vista ones on intels site.

I think they've got the drivers covered already via the disc itself or Windows Update. I tried running the chipset install utility and it installed only one file.

Install the drivers provided by daniel_k.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...hread.id=135215

No need to spoof the installer. It'll detect Windows 7.

These ones work pretty well and they give you more out of the stock Auzentech drivers to boot. (the THX Console being an example)

I think they've got the drivers covered already via the disc itself or Windows Update. I tried running the chipset install utility and it installed only one file.

:woot: THX console is included in daniel_k's drivers?

MILLION INTERNETS TO YOU GOOD SIR.

I honestly didn't know daniel_k came back to the scene

I'm pleased I waited to upgrade to 7100 from 7000. All of the changes, I presume, are more of a surprise and I can appreciate them more. The only thing I don't appreciate is the new Media Centre startup sound. Eurgh!

I tried the beta and i thought it worked pretty well, however, i had issues with my Auzentech X-Plosion sound card. It stuttered and the quality was kinda poor. Anyone know if there's a driver for the RC anywhere. I know there's one for the prelude, but it's not the same is it?