Keldyn buys a Digital Camera

whats auto short for? :blush: ;)

automatic.....theres a setting called "auto" where you dont fool with any other settings i think it adjusts them for you

Those are good looking shots indeed. I own the Canon S110, which was one of the first of this series they put out. It is 2.1 MP, which is enough to make perfect 4x6 prints, and I have been VERY happy with it, except for two things: I wish the zoom was better (mine is only 2x), and I wish the movie mode was longer (mine is limited to abuot 20 seconds), because I do take a lot of short action clips when I'm hanging out with my pals and we do stupid stuff. :D I just read on the Canon web site that the movie mode on the S400 is up to 3 minutes long!

I may have to think about upgrading! I was also looking at the new Olympus cameras because they're weather resistant...but they can't record sound in movie mode! How stupid is that?

automatic.....theres a setting called "auto" where you dont fool with any other settings i think it adjusts them for you

oh,i think my camera has that ;)

the thought of taking such an expensive camera underwater even with a waterproof case isnt fun. what if something was defective *shudders* you would be out a couple hundred dollars

I'm so torn right now as to what to buy. Kelden, are you enjoying your camera? I was intially going for the S230 but I hear that night/dark photos may come out fuzzy and only 2x zoom. Now it's between the Canon Powershot S45, Powershot 400 and Olympus Stylus 300.

I'm so torn right now as to what to buy. Kelden, are you enjoying your camera? I was intially going for the S230 but I hear that night/dark photos may come out fuzzy and only 2x zoom. Now it's between the Canon Powershot S45, Powershot 400 and Olympus Stylus 300.

Yes, I am very happy with it. Why go for the S230 when the S400 is so better a product? Unless you are looking to save money of course.. The Olympus Stylus is very nice. It's another camera I was considering before i went for the S400. Did you know that the Stylus 400 is out now?

I guess just give some thought towards what you want your camera to do and decide from there.

the thought of taking such an expensive camera underwater even with a waterproof case isnt fun. what if something was defective *shudders* you would be out a couple hundred dollars

I agree. I could never trust such an expensive camera underwater. Besides, I can't see myself going diving any time soon...

listen to Keldyn, he's got the best 4 megapixels digital camera out there. a combination of great design and great quality. :)

yeah but wouldn't it be fun to take pictures underwater? :)

if i manage to buy the IXUS 400, guess i will buy this accessories... hope the price will come down... it's quite expensive.. :( AUD$340 for a plastic case... :cry:

Yes, I am very happy with it. Why go for the S230 when the S400 is so better a product? Unless you are looking to save money of course.. The Olympus Stylus is very nice. It's another camera I was considering before i went for the S400. Did you know that the Stylus 400 is out now?

I guess just give some thought towards what you want your camera to do and decide from there.

I was so blown away by the quality of the pics... that I went and bought one :D... I'm a little disapointed at some of the pics I took.. but I think I just need to practice or get more aquainted with it.

any tips?

I am trying to save money. But I notice that if I go cheap now, I will most likely regret it a month or two down the line. I know about the Stylus 400 but not sure if I actually want to spend the money for a 4 megapixel. I mentioned the 300 along with the other 2 as it's the cheaper one that I'm considering right now. I can't really say that I will be taking pics all of the times...more for the occasional event or get togethers etc. Because of this, I'm a little reluctant to spend 500 on a camera. I may just pick up the Stylus 300 at a Circuit City and give it a shot for 2 wks. If anything, I could always return it if I don't like.