Keldyn buys a Digital Camera

I have crap of the crap... a polaroid 0.3 megapixel digi cam. It really really sucks. But it has a LCD so its half decent.

Josh

buy one then  :woot:  :p

i want one as well  ;)  :yes:

m0.

ok

give me money then :happy:

i just bought an brand new printer

canon i850, to finally replace my 10 year old canon.

now i need an digicam, and with this printer i can print perfect pictures :D

now i need an digicam, and with this printer i can print perfect pictures  :D

nekrosoft, did you see the car pics I snapped for you?

i seen them now

holly **** :woot:

thank you very much

i saved every single one, i can't wait for my printer to arrive, i will print all those :woot:

THANK YOU!!!!!

I seen them now

holly **** :woot:

thank you very much

i saved every single one, i can't wait for my printer to arrive, i will print all those :woot:

THANK YOU!!!!!

haha You are most welcome (Y)

Check this picture of a rose I shot today. Looks neat :)

post-55-1053598308.jpg

post-55-1053598308.jpg

post-55-1053598308.jpg

The photo stich seems to work very well, can't even tell where each picture started and left off. Very nice picture of the rose too.

keldyn... a tip that i can give you regarding photostitching that you may not know is that when you take the photos, ensure that they overlap with a distinguishing feature(s) in both (or all) pictures.

Thanks spyder, I'll remember that! I was actually using the verandah posts today to gauge each shot. Seemed to work ok (Y) Half the trouble I was having though was because I was trying to take panoramic shots that contained moving subjects. For example, the sea lapping the shore line.... For obvious reasons it was not working. heh heh duh :D

lol! yea moving subjects would be tough i imagine!

the verandah turned out great. (Y) can't even see where the seam lines are. the posts were a good idea to go by. i overlap my shots by quite a bit in pictures where theres a lot going on to make sure the software has a lot to play with.

/edit btw i had typed out this cool little example in an edit of the post above, but the dang proxy i was using didnt let the edit go thru. ah well.. i know you get what i'm getting at, but it was a neat little ascii diagram! heh

/edit btw i had typed out this cool little example in an edit of the post above, but the dang proxy i was using didnt let the edit go thru.?  ah well.. i know you get what i'm getting at, but it was a neat little ascii diagram!? heh

lol dang I missed it. So you recommend overlapping each shot more eh? Would it be more reliable that way then? I can see I will need to practice this more.

Hey...have you noticed on your camera when it will say you have x amount of shots left but you don't quite get that amount? I was so annoyed today when that happened. I was right in the middle of setting up a neat panoramic shot and my card filled up. Man... I can't wait till my new one arrives tomorro(Y)Y)

depends on the shot to be honest, but overall yea, I overlap the photos by about 1/4 I'd say. helps the software out. sometimes i overlap more than that if the photo is really busy but doesn't have a distinguishable feature in it that it can find and merge with the previous pic.

ascii!

---*-|-----()------

assuming the above is a landscape shot, and the 3 items in the line are prominent distinguishable features, I'd break it down for photostitching like this (from left to right)..

1st pic - includes the * and |

2nd pic - includes the | and ()

3rd pic - includes the ()

i'd also make sure that these features weren't exactly at the edge of the pic..seems to work better that way when combining.

to answer your other question.. I haven't noticed if the shots remaining was off on mine yet, but I'm guessing that your last picture had alot going on in it and thats why it didn't fit. i'm basing that on the fact that I've noticed that even though the picture quality setting hasn't changed on mine, each photo is a different size. ones with less objects/colours in it tend to be smaller.. maybe your camera said you had one pic left assuming you were going to take an average picture?

i want a bigger CF card too