Keldyn buys a Digital Camera

the great thing about digital cameras is that it costs nothing to get better at it, there is no film you have to pay to get developed and learn from your mistakes, you can take as many as you want and play with all the settings without the worry

Maybe.  Are these cameras diff from the regular film cameras in that they don't have all the thingies you need to turn?  I tried one of those once...it was a horrible experience but it turned out it wasn't broken that bad.  My mom has a nice 35mm and she gets pretty good pix off it.  She'd prefer that I don't use it.  My pix are always fuzzy or I move the camera when I click it.

I'll stick to looking at the great pix here.  You guys did a wonderful job on all of them!!!

Keldyn, can we have a "pretty pictures that we took with our cameras" forum or sub forum?  It would be a common place to go to look at what people here can do....

They have buttons and dials yes but for the most part it is not necessary to use the majority of them. You can just leave the thing in auto mode, point and click!

A sub forum for pictures would be nice but then most staff would argue that we already have a web/graphic design forum and that such things would be best suited there. I do see your point though. Perhaps a "photography" forum could be included. This thread alone seems to have generated enough interest. :)

yes, photography forum would be nice, where people could post there work, just as long as it does not turn into a "look at me on my bike" attention place

keldyn (and others) are you using a tripod when you are taking these pictures? I find that I must move right at the last second in some of my pictures becuse they are a little blury ... but if I use my tripod, they are crystal clear.

I have a Nikon Coolpix 4500 and I love it!

keldyn (and others) are you using a tripod when you are taking these pictures? I find that I must move right at the last second in some of my pictures becuse they are a little blury ... but if I use my tripod, they are crystal clear.

No tripod for me although i really should be using one. I don't have a very steady hand so sometimes my shoots do come out blurry.

oh my god Keldyn, is that really adelaide? my sister's studying there and i've been there two years ago. i hated it. the city's like only one street with shops. i'd rather stay in hotel all day. and now you're showing me all these beautiful scenery...

yeah i like the detail level

wish i got that much money to get that 1337 thing

but iam just 16 so that would be working for a half a year here lol

just looked at the price of that camera in the UK : ?450 ! I can get it on outpost for ?300 ($400+ USD) and then get my uncle to bring it over.. so might do that...

No tripod for me although i really should be using one. I don't have a very steady hand so sometimes my shoots do come out blurry.

Ok ... thanks, I thought it was just me. Glad to see other people get blurried pictures sometimes (at least we are not paying for film and development to discover that one is / some are blurry!)

Keldyn, how are your pics at night? I was reading some reviews over at CNet and most of the negative ones seem to complain about unavoidable redeyes. True?

Keldyn, how are your pics at night?  I was reading some reviews over at CNet and most of the negative ones seem to complain about unavoidable redeyes.  True?

With red eye, I have yet to have a problem with it. The camera "flash setting" needs to be set to "red eye reduction mode" and the subject needs to be looking directly at the camera lamp. Works great.

sorry to bother you again Keldyn

but could you hook me up with an picture or two of HSV Maloo R8?

hahaha if it's not much trouble, post some night scenery please keldyn... :)

Yeah that's not a bad idea. I will have to take a trip up into the city and get some shots of all the city lights.

awww I should get a dog. He/she is gorgeous :)

Yeah, I always wanted a dog as a kid, but was never allowed one.

My wife and I decided it was time to get one... can be a handful at times, but he is a great dog.

whoa keldyn! your so lucky that you live near the beach! looks like portsea, victoria. which is about 50km away from me :(. enjoy your part of oz, it's very different to the cold hell of Melbourne (Y)

PS: they were some very nice holden/hsv cars from the previous pages, even though you so obviously went to the car yard. spyder's holden was pretty funny too :woot:

Wow Keldyn, you've got a real knack for photography, nice pictures, the same goes for everyone else :happy:

*icefusion sets out in search of his piggybank, hoping he can get a nice digital camera to replace his Logitech QuickCam Express (aka piece of junk)

PS: they were some very nice holden/hsv cars from the previous pages, even though you so obviously went to the car yard. spyder's holden was pretty funny too :woot:

lmao Of course I did. What...you think all those cars were in my backyard? :blink:

Wow Keldyn, you've got a real knack for photography, nice pictures, the same goes for everyone else

Thanks icefusion!