The Short Lived Free One Year Subscription To TechNet Has Ended

WOOOHOOOOOOO! Thanks you microsoft : D. I just made 2 accounts with my different emails and my dad has made one :D .

Hoping that Win7 retail will be released along with the RTM like Vista was.... :D

So what happens once the Technet subscription runs out does the key i generated for Windows or Office get cancelled and the software deactivates?

Hoping that Win7 retail will be released along with the RTM like Vista was.... :D

same here but i wont be counting on it

So what happens once the Technet subscription runs out does the key i generated for Windows or Office get cancelled and the software deactivates?

No, you retain perpetual use rights under the license agreement; your product keys should still activate and validate without any issues.

You won't receive the first OR other surveys for the Technet sub. The signup link you've (ab)used is merely for the Technet part, not the actual survey. It's highly likely your account will be cancelled in 24 hours, so (ab)use while you can!

You won't receive the first OR other surveys for the Technet sub. The signup link you've (ab)used is merely for the Technet part, not the actual survey. It's highly likely your account will be cancelled in 24 hours, so (ab)use while you can!

Whos abused what?

look under Manage Subscriptions at the top of your screen

Cheers.

I'm going to give my Vista key a test run in VMWare.

I didn't say anyone abused anything. The (ab) is optional. For the people that did abuse it ;) (3000 keys? Why?)

Where do I find a link so I can do the surveys? Should they be emailed to me to the address I used to sign up?

New Subscriptions

If this is a new subscription, once processing of your payment is completed, you will receive a second email confirmation. Within 48 hours of the processing of your payment, you will receive a third email with instructions for how to access your online benefits and additional program information.

So I should recieve another email in 48 hours?

I didn't say anyone abused anything. The (ab) is optional. For the people that did abuse it ;) (3000 keys? Why?)

Why not take advantage of the situation?

Where do I find a link so I can do the surveys? Should they be emailed to me to the address I used to sign up?

So I should recieve another email in 48 hours?

You can't do the surveys, it's not part of the signup. You're only getting the Technet sub.

I got my email "instantly", you should've too...

@djlegion : Why not indeed, it's your conscience after all. ;)

I'm good with a few keys, so no need to abuse the system :p Doesn't worry me either way though mate!

I was worried initially because of no Aus link but its all working here, i instantly had a nerdgasm lol. It's a pitty I will lose this before Windows 7 goes retail :(

Is it unlimited activations just for volume license keys or does it apply to the retail keys as well?

ok, so is this legit and we do surveys, or some weird glitch/exploit/employee havok?

normally you pay $380 and you get access to ALL of this software?!

like...for $380 everyone in my house could be using windows 7 and office 2007 etc....

i just seem to be stuck on a endless loading loop with a white page after ive logged in with my MSN Passport, anyone else?

I doubt this will last long guys, these links are not supposed to be for the public, they are used for members of the Technet Plus Pilot Program as part of the signup process (I am a member), it would appear that someone thought it would be nice to leak these links, however please be aware that they have a list of members and that all these unathorised accounts will likely get deleted by Microsoft pretty damn quick. and as for the person who leaked these, shame on you, you may have got your little bit of IT Fame but in doing this you may have spoilt the program for the genuine members who got selected to be part of it.

Also the reason the expiry date is set as 1900 is becuase when the signup for the program is complete and you get accepted Microsoft then set a true expiry date on the subscription that expires 12 months after joining the pilot program.

Sweet. Thanks. :)

*gets every key for everything I need, joking.

I had a party in my pants when I saw this (screenie attached.)

Thanks Arc Technica, and Neowin.

post-271966-1244018972_thumb.png

Sweet. Thanks. :)

*gets every key for everything I need, joking.

I had a party in my pants when I saw this (screenie attached.)

Thanks Arc Technica, and Neowin.

Done the same as you : ).

I think someone just had an orgasm...

Best reply in this thread ! :D

No, you retain perpetual use rights under the license agreement; your product keys should still activate and validate without any issues.

Well, considering that people are creating accounts for this WITHOUT going through the survey site (which has been closed for a while), Microsoft could invalidate all the keys that have been generated. By not doing the survey initially, those Technet subscriptions will be closed in 24 hours.

i just seem to be stuck on a endless loading loop with a white page after ive logged in with my MSN Passport, anyone else?

I'm in the same boat as you mate. I'm using Vista X86 / SP2 with IE8 and my system is fully patched. I'm from france and I'm using the UK link. I hope there's a little workaround :pray:

Update : I tried all the links and I end up with an error 500 page coming back in my face. Anyone managed to register ?