let the games begin: Forza 3 vs GT 5 comparison pictures

This is the thing, Forza is clearly the technically better of the two games :rolleyes: ..... yet doesn't run at 1080 natively and has less cars on track :rofl: of course none of these matter because it suits the Forza players needs to perfection, who needs more than 8 cars in a race??

The arguments are getting silly now, especially over 2 games no one really knows too much about.

Well tbh, the 8 cars limit is pretty perfect, seeing as you can have 8 people in an XBL Party :p

Single player?

This is what I mean though, the arguements are getting stupid. Okay yeah the 360 party system allows 8 people, what if later they increase that to 10/12/14 etc, is 8 still pretty perfect?

Being honest I can't wait for both games to come out, can easily see myself trying out Forza and buying the 360 again for it, but at the moment there are posts upon posts saying one is better than the other when really, we don't have much of a clue right now.

No if you look at the name its just someones screenshots SCE309 Sony Computer Entertainment 09? Sony Computer E3 09?

Single player?

This is what I mean though, the arguements are getting stupid. Okay yeah the 360 party system allows 8 people, what if later they increase that to 10/12/14 etc, is 8 still pretty perfect?

Being honest I can't wait for both games to come out, can easily see myself trying out Forza and buying the 360 again for it, but at the moment there are posts upon posts saying one is better than the other when really, we don't have much of a clue right now.

I personally find 8 cars perfect. GT5 will have obviously 12 cars.. I'm not sure about Forza 3.. I have not noticed how many cars are on track in gameplay but it might very well be 12 as well.

However the more I look at Forza 3 screenshots all over .. especially compared to Forza 2 I find that Turn 10 guys actaully really killed off reflections on the cars. They look very much matte and quite a bit lifeless. I don't know how it will look in motion but I can definitly see they sacrificed something, not sure if it is on purpose or not.

A comparison between Forza 2 and Forza 3 shots:

65rfcg.jpg

mf38.jpg

4lr5f4.jpg

mf39.jpg

Wow thats quite a striking difference you would be forgiven for thinking that Forza 2 was a previous gen game (thats not a bash just looking at the screenshots).

Which begs the question if the dev team is the same as Forza 2 then why didnt Forza 2 look that good.

Which begs the question if the dev team is the same as Forza 2 then why didnt Forza 2 look that good.

Much like any console since PS1 it takes time to properly exploit the power of the hardware used.

In this case,XBOX 360.

Look at the launch NFS (most games only had an "HD" boost) and NFS Shift...now games really show what current gen is capable of.

What you should ask yourself is.. why is Forza 3 the only game looking like this of all racers to be launched in 2009/2010.It has great AA,60fps and great textures.. which is quite an achievement above all racing games.I didn't think anyone but Polyphony could pull 60fps and detailed cars,as GT series was the elite for me,for many years.

Because its not running in 1080p im sure its already been stated that its running in 720p which is why they can pile on the AA and get it running 60FPS then leave the xbox scaler to do the 1080p.

GT5 is the closest to 1080p with 1440x1080.

Because its not running in 1080p im sure its already been stated that its running in 720p which is why they can pile on the AA and get it running 60FPS then leave the xbox scaler to do the 1080p.

GT5 is the closest to 1080p with 1440x1080.

As long as AA works and it's 720p,I'm fine. :)

but can it do 60fps?

I'm sure it will run at 60fps,K.Yamauchi wouldn't do a half-assed job of GT.Even the PSP GT runs at 60fps.

GT5 will have obviously 12 cars..

Please explain why this is obvious to you?

GT5P has 16 cars, is 1080p and 60FPS and is a snapshot build of the engine over 2 years old...

I'm glad other people are realising how neurotic some of the Forza 3 fans are becoming. Hopefully with the OPM France/UK GT5 previews later this month/early next, they'll actually have some substance to argue on...

but can it do 60fps?

Yep GT5P was 60fps racing and 30fps in replays as they turned a lot of post processing on in the replays.

Yep GT5P was 60fps racing and 30fps in replays as they turned a lot of post processing on in the replays.

Yup, the main thing they need to work on is environments for GT5, the cars in GT5P looked awesome. They need damage, better lighting and some texture improvement on the cars still, but the environments need the biggest boost.

GT5P

2z8vyap.jpg

2gt5c2g.jpg

11jqbo9.jpg

yes but because of the Xbox 360s 10mb of fast EDRam or what ever a daughter chip on the GPU they can have 4xAA HDR and other post processing effects FREE no performance loss it has allot of bandwidth between the 2 chips so it can perform all of those types of things without sacrificing performance .

500 MHz 10 MiB daughter embedded DRAM (eDRAM) framebuffer on 65 nm process.

NEC designed eDRAM die includes additional logic (192 parallel pixel processors) for color, alpha compositing, Z/stencil buffering, and anti-aliasing called ?Intelligent Memory? (eDRAM), giving developers 4-sample anti-aliasing at very little performance cost.

he GPU package contains two separate silicon dies, each built on a 90 nm process with a clock speed of 500 MHz; the GPU proper, manufactured by TSMC and a 10 MB eDRAM daughter-die, manufactured by NEC. Thanks to the daughter die, the Xenos can do 4x FSAA, z-buffering, and alpha blending with no appreciable performance penalty on the GPU.

The Xbox 360 has an extensive amount of bandwidth in comparison to its competition;[4] however this statistic includes the eDRAM logic to memory bandwidth, and not internal CPU bandwidths. The eDRAM internal logic to its internal memory bandwidth is 256 GB/s. The high bandwidth is used primarily for z-buffering, alpha blending, and antialiasing; it saves time and space on the GPU die. Between the eDRAM die and the GPU,

So ther we have it because of this all effects like that can be done on the 360 at no performance cost or loss

If its all "free" at "no performance cost" then why are they running the game in 720p?

So as not to cause any unwanted RROD's :rofl:

But seriously, as you say, if it can do ALL that with no performance loss, why not aim for 1080p ? :D

Those comparison shots on the last page are just stupid, you mean to tell me that you want to drive a car that reflects like a piece of chrome? The Forza 3 shots look far more realistic... The thread is getting pretty damn retarded, wait til both games are released then we can compare. And GT getting the NASCAR rights, as far as I know only iRacing and EA have the exclusive rights for the NASCAR name and cars. The tracks is a different story since those rights can be bought from the track owners and most tracks are privately owned.

You know, you guys all complain about these post-E3 topics/arguements over GT5 vs FM3, but you're the same people fueling them and keeping the topics alive :p

Ironyyyy