Aion Online

Where does one acquire a beta key? I'm interested in trying the game but I don't have a beta key or the client. Thanks in advance.

I think there's a link to follow on www.aiononline.com for the beta keys right now. I'm not sure if there are any available anymore.

I think there's a link to follow on www.aiononline.com for the beta keys right now. I'm not sure if there are any available anymore.

Doh, for subscribers only? Anyone have a spare code? :unsure:

Thanks, but I can't get a key that way. The website links me to FilePlanet's Aion beta page so it's useless for non-subscribers.

Ive been following this thread, and my question is....Why not just play WOW?

Because we don't want to? We want something new and different? Going by your logic why ever play any new game because there is one similar that is already out. Makes no sense at all.

Thanks, but I can't get a key that way. The website links me to FilePlanet's Aion beta page so it's useless for non-subscribers.

I don't think you have to get a paid subscription to Fileplanet do you? Just register? Lame if they want you to buy a subscription because then you might as well just pre-order the game.

To be honest the "pay by the hour" thing sounds stupid, unless the rates are really low, I suck at maths so I can't even calculate how low the rate should be to be on par with Monthly fees.

Paying 15 bucks for 1 hour when I can have 31 days (I think that's more than 1 hour :p), I'll take monthly ;)

@ benplace,

I have been playing WoW since TBC came out, I even remember beta-testing it and all that crap, but generally I haven't been playing long - and still, I got bored of it, people want something different, WoW is great, but when you do something A LOT, you get bored of it, quickly..

I don't think you have to get a paid subscription to Fileplanet do you? Just register? Lame if they want you to buy a subscription because then you might as well just pre-order the game.

It says here that the Aion beta is for subscribers only. :(

To be honest the "pay by the hour" thing sounds stupid, unless the rates are really low, I suck at maths so I can't even calculate how low the rate should be to be on par with Monthly fees.

Paying 15 bucks for 1 hour when I can have 31 days (I think that's more than 1 hour :p), I'll take monthly ;)

@ benplace,

I have been playing WoW since TBC came out, I even remember beta-testing it and all that crap, but generally I haven't been playing long - and still, I got bored of it, people want something different, WoW is great, but when you do something A LOT, you get bored of it, quickly..

the pay per hour rate I saw was roughly 15$ for over 300 hours. That's insane. I would love that. I only play for maybe 10 hours a week so 300 hours would last me 30 weeks. That's over half a year. Looking at how we have to pay for games now, in half a year I'm going to end up paying 90 for half a year.

the pay per hour rate I saw was roughly 15$ for over 300 hours. That's insane. I would love that. I only play for maybe 10 hours a week so 300 hours would last me 30 weeks. That's over half a year. Looking at how we have to pay for games now, in half a year I'm going to end up paying 90 for half a year.

Yeah, that sounds like a brilliant deal, 300 hours is absolutely ages.

Yeah I can see the logic in that now, I was thinking "linear" (so to speak) about the hours, like playing straight through 31 days :p

I guess it would be more effecient to some people, yeah, although not for me :)

I think that is a much better method than the pay per month. That way players who play less, also pay less which I think is fair. It has to be balanced so hardcore players don't get screwed of course, but I would for sure pay $15 for 300 hours. Even if you play 6h every day, that is just 180 hours.

m a subscriber to fileplanet only in username only, i dont pay subscription, and i got a key

It says here that the Aion beta is for subscribers only. :(

register with fileplanet is free, its the membership that cost money and you don't have to be one to get the key. After you get the key, go to NCsoft and dl it from there.

just got done with the dl of the game, and right now it seems i can't run it at all (could be my graphix card) i can hear sounds/music but no video. Anyone could help me on this?

I can't wait for the beta! I bought the game from Gamestop just a day after the last beta ended. I was a bit disappointed that I had to wait until July 2nd, but that date is almost here. From looking at the most recent video of it, I can tell it will be a success. Do those of you who played in the previous beta know if your character will still be on there, or if you will have to make a new one? Also, when the game is officially launched, will all the servers be wiped clean of all players/equipment?

Ive been following this thread, and my question is....Why not just play WOW?

Maybe I need to clarify. Everything I have seen, videos etc... (I havent been able to get a beta key) It looks exactly like wow, with minor differences. After spending so much time getting to 80, and levelling multiple toons, why would someone want to switch to this and start over?

What makes this stand out as an improvement to wow, that would make me want to start over again?

Maybe I need to clarify. Everything I have seen, videos etc... (I havent been able to get a beta key) It looks exactly like wow, with minor differences. After spending so much time getting to 80, and levelling multiple toons, why would someone want to switch to this and start over?

What makes this stand out as an improvement to wow, that would make me want to start over again?

WoW's content has grown boring to me. Now I can have a new world to explore and a new story to experience. That's my reason.

I will try it out if I can get a beta key, but I am not sinking any money into it until then. I bought Age of Conan for that same reason and there the box sits in my desk collecting dust.

register with fileplanet is free, its the membership that cost money and you don't have to be one to get the key. After you get the key, go to NCsoft and dl it from there.

just got done with the dl of the game, and right now it seems i can't run it at all (could be my graphix card) i can hear sounds/music but no video. Anyone could help me on this?

Damn! The thing is, I didn't see anything about getting a key while I was logged in to a non-subscriber account. It kept bringing me to the 'JOIN TODAY' page. And the keys have run out. Oh well.

did you see the small link below that that said " No thanks "

its under the Founder Benefits

Damn! The thing is, I didn't see anything about getting a key while I was logged in to a non-subscriber account. It kept bringing me to the 'JOIN TODAY' page. And the keys have run out. Oh well.

Great to see the burst of people interested in playing since the last beta ended. I think just about everyone watching this thread is trying to get a key one way or another when initially I was defending the game. Lets face it. Aion is going to be a success in one way or another.