Aion Online

Haha. I just can't wait to really get some groups going and have all my friends in game and see what kind of group play there is.

I found an interesting read.

Bridging the Culture Divide: NCsoft’s Brian Knox on Aion’s Plans to Bring East and West Together at Last

I'm still not sure what that means for us the players, but it's good to hear that we won't have to wait for all the updates that have been put out for the other versions once the game launches. Right now the client is still 1.0 for the beta events but we've been told that once the game goes live we'll be updated to the most current version which is 1.3 I think. If that actually happens or not, who can say? We'll know in a few months though.

I really like those screenshots you posted Scraggles, sparked my interest i hadnt heard of this before now.

If you're interested in seeing anything else about the game just let me know within the next 1 1/2 hours

As for videos, I just noticed that a lot have been posted on YouTube. Look for 'obama aion' for a good laugh. It gives you an idea on how amazing the character customization is.

You keep raving about the character creation system. CoH had a character creation system, amazing in fact. But the game was dish water dull.

What about the combat (I heard it's ripped off DAoC chain system- which is a good thing) and more importantly. PvP?

I'm interested in buying the game but I have a few questions. I know I could Google these but I'm at the thread and the Aion website I found kinda hard to navigate.

So here are my questions

How many Levels (if any) are required before you can Fly?

When you take a Quest does the game show on a Map/Minimap where you need to go to complete the objective of that quest?

Does the game support Addons like War/World of Warcraft and if it does are they more/less limited then WoW's or the same level of limitation?

What is the Level Cap?

Thank you :)

You can fly at level 10.

There is an easy locator for the quests that pinpoints where you need to go.

I'm not sure about the add ons. I never used any add ons for wow except the questhelper one.

As for things like gatherer that showed you mining things, they have armor that provides that as an effect.

I'm also not to sure of the level cap. I know the next few betas get as high as level 25 but even at level 10 you hit hard.

You keep raving about the character creation system. CoH had a character creation system, amazing in fact. But the game was dish water dull.

What about the combat (I heard it's ripped off DAoC chain system- which is a good thing) and more importantly. PvP?

for YOU the game was dull, but even today it's going very strong.

Max level cap in the Korean/china versions right now is I believe 50. Which is interesting to note because when the game went live in Korea/china (almost a year ago) the level cap was 40. Several patches have added in lots of new content and they had to up the levels for those areas. I think it won't go beyond 50 though.

As for combat...well we haven't had a chance to go much beyond level 10 yet but I think combat in the game is really solid, there's no lag when you use a skill. And each class is unique and diverse in their game play style yet seem to be fairly well balanced. Obviously because of limitations of the classes some have an easier time leveling solo than others. Mage/sorc for example takes damage like no other and has fairly low hp. But they also dish out damage like no other.

I haven't experienced any pvp yet, but from everything I've seen and read it's really good. You can officially enter the abyss at 25 which is pretty much the central pvp area. But before then there are rifts that open up and allow up to I think 50 people to pass through before they close. These rifts take you to the other factions areas and you can gank to your hearts content. It's a pure pvp game so there is no "Safe" zone or flagging for pvp. The rifts open up every couple of hours in different locations. End game pvp is something else though. It's hard to list everything they've got going in the pvp department...so yeah. There are no battlegrounds which I am quite thankful for. This means there is no reason to twink!! There's forts to defend and attack...think Warhammer, but actually fun. Oh yes, also open world raid bosses which mass scale pvp will revolve around to see who can get the kill/right to kill the boss. And check this out. I think it looks like it'll be wicked fun. There's probably more I'm forgetting..

Edited by trag3dy

hmm. So it's all PvP..... That I don't like, causes alot of problems with butt heads who like to gank just for the crap of it, and makes it a HEADACHE to level. Eventually you get frustrated and quit playing.

I mean I played on a PvP server in wow, and was fine with it, so I guess my question is, is it factional based (like WOW, horde vs alliance, where you can't attack your own faction, only the other faction?) or is it everything goes?

It's faction based. The world of the game is different from WoW though. The areas for each faction are completely separate so you can't just walk from one factions area to the next. As far as I know the only way to get to the other factions area is through the rifts or possibly through the abyss. I'm also not sure on how often the rifts open up, they might only open up once or twice a day.

Hmm.. It's too bad you have to basically buy the game to try the beta, as it looks kinda decent. Wonder if there will be any beta periods that don't cost $50, as i'm not willing to pay full out before some kinda trial.

The beta event for the weekend is over. The next one starts I think July 2nd and goes until the 6th. So you get a decent amount of time to play. It's centered on Asmodeans level 1-20. On a previous page I posted a beta event schedule if you want to check it out.

Okay so I've never played a game in beta. I know this is a stupid question, but are those beta dates the only times you'll be able to play before the game is actually released? I suppose that would make sense. Anyways, I bought it yesterday. I missed the last beta, apparently. I'm am eager for July 2nd so I can try it out!

Yorak, your right. The only time you can play is during the betas. I'm looking for some people to play with, so if anyone wants to play with me just shoot me a pm.

Have you played the game yet Inclined? It needs very little tuning. It's been out overseas for roughly a year now so most of the bugs are already worked out.

I've already put in for PTO on July 2nd weekend. I can't wait.

Well, actually, NCsoft isn't really calling these events betas. They're just events to test the localization and servers to see how they handle the stress of people playing on them at this point. As Scraggles said, it's been out in korea and china for like 8 months now.

@ Scraggles

PTO? what do you mean?

Edited by trag3dy

They are calling them betas. When you logged in, it popped up a message in the chat box that said "welcome to closed beta event #2"

by PTO I mean paid time off. From work, that is.

This game is slowly creeping up on me, first it was one person last week pre ordering. The number has grown to 7 with me jumping on the bandwagon. Hopefully GAME in the UK will send the codes out promptly so I can see if it's worth canceling my pre order.

You've got until next week before we get access to t he servers again. July 2nd to be precise. When I ordered mine I didn't get it for 3 or 4 days.