Aion Online

My download with the Aion client was extremely fast. I was getting 1mb/s for the entire download. It only took about 2-3 hours.

pre-orderd from Amazon, how long did others take to get their code ?

My download with the Aion client was extremely fast. I was getting 1mb/s for the entire download. It only took about 2-3 hours.

I am downloading it from Fileplanet.. Pretty fast though

^^ My install is sitting at 13gb. :laugh:

What if you hated Lineage 2, you're going to hate Aion too ? (Talking about myself here heh)

To be fair I think the only similarities to Lineage 2 are that the classes are somewhat similar and the look of the game is similar as well. I think people are just calling it "Lineage 3" because it's made by NCsoft. Aion while not giving away everything for free like WoW is supposed to more casual and less grindy than Lineage 2. I hate calling it casual because a lot of people think that's what has ruined WoW, but for lack of a better word...yeah, more casual than Lineage 2, less casual than WoW.

I haven't played Lineage 2 very much so I may be wrong on those points though.

Edited by trag3dy

13GB ? Holy crap, downloading that would take a while ^^

That's after it's been fully installed. The download was only 6 or 7gb though.

In comparison:

Empire: Total War - 14.8gb

Aion - 13gb

Warhammer Online - 10.9gb

Mass Effect - 9.69gb

Interesting to note that Crysis WARHEAD being way more graphically intense than any of these games install only sits at 5.5gb.

Edited by trag3dy

I was afraid the Aion beta would be exclusive to FilePlanet subscribers. :(

I was afraid the Aion beta would be exclusive to FilePlanet subscribers. :(

I got the key, but can't dl the game T_T so whats the point?

TheLaughingMan, are you having trouble downloading the game through the client? If you are, I had the same issue. I'd suggest waiting until it gets a little later when less people are downloading. I had the same issue, however with repeated attempts it finally connected.

You have to register at fileplanet to download from there I'm guessing. However, try registering your key/account on the Ncsoft website, you might be able to get a download link that way. You'll need to register there anyways to be able to log into the game.

said heck with fighting with fileplanet to get the Download link, went to Plaync.com put in the key from fileplanet, and Downloaded that way

I'm salivating for this weekend. Unfortunately my girlfriend has the day off on Thursday and Sunday. I'm hoping I can figure out some way to play. However, she knows how I'm dying to play this game and she might try to distract me from the ol 'pooter.

She already gave me the go ahead to stay up until 12 the day before release so I can log on, and reserve some names quick. She just wants me to reserve her name again. lol.

Pay to play. And yeah, this weekend should be fun. But when it'll really get fun is for the next beta where we can get into the abyss and do some pvp.

Pay to play. In japan I think they're on a 'pay per hour' type thing. and people are paying roughly 15$ for 340 hours or something like that. That means you can play for 10 hours a day, for 34 days straight. I hope they do that system here because I'll only be playing 3-4 hours every few days due to an absurd work schedule. I think I'm going to get a laptop that can pwn the game and run it off there from work.

Don't quote me on this but I think it's been officially stated that we'll just have the standard monthly fee. I don't see any reason why they couldn't offer an hour by hour rate though. I think that will draw in a lot of people that work a lot and can't play very much. It'll lessen the whole "I have to play 400 hours a month to get my moneys worth" attitude.

Then again, the game offers player run stores/shops so if people are paying by an hourly rate they'll go over the 15 dollars fairly quickly if they leave the store up 24/7.

A little bit. I think I got a character to lvl 4 or 5. For these betas I'm rolling a asmodean cleric or chanter, but when retail comes around I'll be playing a asmo templar.