Aion Online

so the more I see of this game the more I kinda like it.. But I want to play it first before I buy it. So until there is a free trial or a friend gets it and lets me play it, I probably won't be picking it up

Question though, how does the flying work? Anyone can fly after a certain level? And how long can you fly? Can you fight while flying, etc?

Anyone can fly after level 10. Initially you can only fly for one minute. Except in the abyss. You can fly indefinitely there. You cAn fight while flying.

I see (about the betas), thanks for explaining that.

I don't have access to the game, can't remember if I signed up or anything, but whatever, I'll wait.

Will there be a trial on release week ? If not then I presume they just want lots of customers that buy the game due to the hype created by the community :(

You can your first wings at level 10. These give you one minute flight time, and early on a quest gives you some potions that extend your flight time by 12 seconds and you can make more through crafting skills. At 30 you can purchase some upgraded wings that I think give you an extra 30 or 40 seconds. Then at 40 or maybe 50, not sure, you can purchase an even further upgraded set of wings that give I think a full extra minute. Not sure on the prices for the upgraded wings yet as they don't seem to have nailed down a final price on them.

Of course if you get the CE you get a free set of upgraded wings that have 40 seconds extra flight time on them at 30.

Hardly any mmorpgs have trials initially so when I looked into the game I said f*ck it and just preordered. I couldn't be happier. I hope they do have a trial because I know it will bring in thousands of players. Many people are simply dismissing this as just another wannabe and I can't say I blame them. There have been many attempts in the past and they've all failed at some point. I really think this game is going to great. If it doesn't fo better or as good as wow it's definitely going to great.

Well I think there will be an open beta in the second half of august I'm pretty sure. So people who are still on the fence about pre ordering or haven't gotten into the betas will hopefully be able to try.

you know one of my biggest things it the combat/spells. Going by watching some of the videos, the spells/combat look sweet.

Hardly any mmorpgs have trials initially so when I looked into the game I said f*ck it and just preordered. I couldn't be happier. I hope they do have a trial because I know it will bring in thousands of players. Many people are simply dismissing this as just another wannabe and I can't say I blame them. There have been many attempts in the past and they've all failed at some point. I really think this game is going to great. If it doesn't fo better or as good as wow it's definitely going to great.

It also doesn't help that NCSoft has a horrible track record with MMOs...

That doesn't mean anything. They've got experience and I think they are learning from past experiences. Guild wars did great.

Very nice video, I'm trying to hold myself from pre-ordering it, though.. as I don't want to get disappointed AND lose money :(

Keep us posted if there's a way to try the game for free ;)

Fileplanet is giving away keys for the next beta. According to aionsource.com they'll be handed out on Monday the 29th. North America only though, which kinda sucks.

Also I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but the official release date has been announced...the game goes live on September 22nd.

Edited by trag3dy

One of my friends is into this game, but I'm undecided. Not worried about NCsofts track record with Western developers since they're not even based here, but I don't really want another monthly fee. I paid for lifetime access to LOTRO since I hate monthly fees so much, and I was ass broke at the time.

We'll see though. The online game market seems pretty dull lately, though I am interested in APB.

i played Lineage 2 and liked it alot ( it got me into MMO's ), im assuming that this plays like it, hoping for a Beta Key, as i dont want to Pre-Order and not like it

yea i played Lineage 2 from Beta to release of WoW, should have stayed with Lin2, went back to private server Lin2Extreme, then it got shutdown. wanting to get back into Lin2

I think if you liked L2 then your going to love this. I played lineage on private servers for years.

cant edit previous post

Just Pre-Orderd the CE edition, hope to see others there.

so far im thinking Asmo Templar, or Ranger ( i was a Spellhowler and later Silver Ranger in Lineage 2 )

guess il figure it out during the betas

I think if you liked L2 then your going to love this. I played lineage on private servers for years.

What if you hated Lineage 2, you're going to hate Aion too ? (Talking about myself here heh)

What if you hated Lineage 2, you're going to hate Aion too ? (Talking about myself here heh)

I guess it all depends on why you hated L2.

As you can see, from all of the people here that have played Aion, they like it. Most people are on the fence about it still, and thats fine by me. When release day comes I hope to god they put out a 10 day trial or something because it is going to bring in thousands, if not millions of players.

they will have an Open Beta, that alone will bring in people, at least to see if they like it.

most people wont try a 10 day trial, as 10 days doesnt sound like alot, Open Beta on the other hand does, as OB can sometimes run for a month or more. OB people will play for the simple fact its Free, Trial they wont touch. myself included, i wont do Trials ( almost all trials you actually have to sign up with CC and make sure to cancel before trial ends ), plus for me a trial is to short.

I've got one friend who I texted about an open beta, and he's so close minded... Let me repeat our convo...

"

Me: I think they're doing an Aion Open beta in August

Him: Dude im still running agp

Me: So?

Him: AGP means my computer can't handle that game.

Me: AGP means you'll have to turn the settings down. You're running WoW maxed, you'll be able to run Aion.

Him: Yea but I'm not buying any more games. I'm good with WoW

Me: Don't buy it. Check out the open beta. Open betas are FREE.

Him: seriously, I'm good

Me: Wow. You won't even check it out for one minute? You did the same **** when I started playing WoW. You said it sucked and you wouldn't ever buy another blizzard game, then when I quit, a few months later you picked up the game and now you beg me to play.

Him: No, I'm not getting any new games. I don't care if they come out with the most perfect Star Wars MMO and have girls blow you every minute you're logged in.

Me: Why not?

Him: Don't need em

Me: Ahh well, I hope you at least give the open beta a chance. Nick, John, Kate, Steve, Dubs and Ryan all preordered it. Dubs is the only one who kept his WoW account.

Him: Thats why they haven't been on?

Me: Yea. WoW is old. Everyone wants something new.

Him: Well, I have my online buddies, so I don't need them anyway.

Me: Online buddies? You're going to be one of those guys who dies because he didn't eat for days playing that Disney game. Good luck

"

That was the saturday of the last open beta. No one has heard from him since. Every time we text him, he doesn't respond. If we call him, you can tell he hits the end button to send us right to voicemail.

Heads up to people who ordered from GameStop:

I didn't get an email with a code. I just checked GameStop's website, looked at my order, and the code was there. So if you haven't gotten an email and you're getting tired of waiting, check there.

I'm looking forward to playing (Y)

Just got my invite to the beta this weekend from Fileplanet. Downloading now.. and wow 7gigs? oh well got 2 days to get it :)