Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Premier League 2009/2010  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League in 2010?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  2. 2. Who will be relegated in 2010? [Select 3]

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer?

• Andrei Arshavin
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Nicolas Anelka
    • Robin van Persie
    • Robinho
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

Chelsea are facing another legal threat due to the signing of 11-year-old Jeremy Boga in October last year.

ASPTT Marseille are reportedly consulting with lawyers over whether they can make a complaint to FIFA concerning the transfer of the youngster.

"The player is so gifted the three biggest clubs in France wanted him," Caturegli is quoted by The Guardian as saying.

"But Chelsea found a solution of taking the whole family: the mum, the two brothers and to keep them in a house in Wimbledon. The mum has a car to take the kids to school and to training or whatever.

"He was in our Under-12s team and we're just a youth development club. He didn't have a contract so we felt we couldn't go to FIFA."

And just like that the Pandora's box is open :rolleyes:

Le Havre president Jean-Pierre Louvel has confirmed that the French club have reported Manchester United to FIFA over their pursuit of teenage starlet Paul Pogba.

The youngster joined the Premier League champions from the Ligue 2 club earlier in the summer and the transfer has now been thrown up in a cloud of controversy.

Following FIFA's decision to ban Chelsea from making any signings until January 2011 for the manner in which they signed Gael Kakuta from Lens back in 2007, Le Havre have now moved to follow a similar path.

Seems all they needed was a little encouragement by FIFA..

I don't usually do this but I lol'd at this :rofl: chelseas team after a few injuries :p

0,,10268~3707860,00.jpg

hahahahah i love it. I hope man u gets a ban next...

oh yeah liverpool is dissapointing so far, last win was a barely but johnson is brilliant.

Man Utd threaten to sue Le Havre

Manchester United say they will take legal action against Le Havre unless they stop making allegations about the transfer of youngster Paul Pogba.

The French club have this week repeated claims that United offered financial inducements to Pogba's family in order to lure the teenager to Old Trafford.

But United are satisfied the transfer was completed within Fifa guidelines.

"Manchester United is ready to defend any claim brought against it by Le Havre at Fifa," said a club statement.

Fifa themselves say they have received no complaint about United's signing of the 16-year-old French midfielder.

"In response to the wholly unfounded comments widely reported in the media of Le Havre AC President, Jean-Pierre Louvel, Manchester United wish to categorically confirm that as a matter of club policy and in accordance with the applicable football regulations, we do not offer inducements to the parents of players who sign for the club such as monetary payments or the purchase of houses," added a United statement.

"Manchester United have today (Monday) written to Le Havre AC to put it on notice that action will be taken if such allegations are repeated in relation to the transfer of Paul Pogba.

"Manchester United is entirely satisfied that the transfer of Paul Pogba has been conducted in accordance with the regulations set down by the world governing body, Fifa.

"It is to be noted that all contractual documentation relating to the player's registration with the club has already been fully ratified by the Football Association and the Premier League."

One of the most highly-rated teenagers in France, Pogba has captained the national team at Under-16 level.

Le Havre have an outstanding reputation in developing young players, nurturing players like Real Madrid's Lassana Diarra and Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia as well as Atletico Madrid's Florent Sinama-Pongolle, who moved from the French club to Liverpool, before going to Spain.

Players from European Union countries are able to move to Britain on academy or scholarship contracts at 16, and to sign full professional contracts at 17.

By signing a player under the age of 18, the buying club minimises the level of compensation the selling club will get.

Le Havre, who were relegated to the French second division last season, claim an agreement between the club, Pogba and his parents was in place for the player to stay until the end of the 2009/2010 season.

In August the French club released a statement on their website - under the heading 'Manchester United steal Paul Pogba from HAC (Le Havre)' - which said: "Le Havre wishes to express its indignation regarding the dealings of Manchester United's directors in relation to the young Paul Pogba.

"The player and his parents refused to keep the arrangement because Manchester United offered very high sums of money to the parents of the (player) with the aim of obtaining the transfer of their son.

"At a time when numerous parties - including at European Union level, governmental (level), or within Fifa or Uefa - are speaking out against the 'trading of minors,' Manchester United does not hesitate to uproot a 16-year-old kid."

But United officials suggested that there was no contract for the 16-year-old to break, therefore the Red Devils could not be offering inducements to do so.

Le Havre repeated those allegations in the wake of a transfer ban imposed on Chelsea last week for a similar infringement of the rules.

Chelsea have been banned from signing any new players until January 2011 after the club was found guilty of inducing Gael Kakuta to break his contract with Lens in 2007.

If Le Havre have a case, they will take it to Fifa. The fact that they haven't already is kind of strange if their case is as open and shut as they make it sound

I wondered if City would be mentioned seems no ones safe...whens Liverpools turn or Arsenals :p

How about now? :p

Liverpool reported in tap-up row

Gradi spent 24 years in charge of Crewe Alexandra

Liverpool are the club that has been reported by Crewe over an alleged illegal approach to sign a player from their academy, BBC Sport understands.

Crewe's director of football Dario Gradi revealed on Monday his club had made the complaint and the player in question is 15-year-old Max Clayton.

Liverpool were linked with Clayton in February 2008 and were willing to pay a six-figure sum to take him to Anfield.

Crewe rejected the approach, but Gradi says Clayton now wants to leave Alex.

He told the Daily Express: "Max has come in and told us that he wants to leave right now to join a big club.

Rest here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...dra/8241607.stm

As for my views, the Chelsea ban opened this can of worms and it's pretty known that teenagers will want to go to the bigger clubs even if they didn't get paid more as it means more status amongst friends and a chance at being set for life financially. I know smaller clubs don't like what the larger clubs do (and that generally is give them more money) but there's nothing legally wrong but as the smaller clubs aren't happy they're trying to make a big deal out of it. I may be wrong but afaik unless the teenager has a pro-contract (or a contract to say he will do) any club can make an offer for them for when they turn pro.

Edited by Mike

I wondered if City would be mentioned seems no ones safe...whens Liverpools turn or Arsenals :p

Despite the article above, Liverpool don't even have enough spare cash to offer all their VIP's prawn sandwiches at the moment so I cant see us tapping many players up :laugh:

I think we robbed Bruna (youth team player) from Real Madrid a few years back and they wern't best pleased :laugh:

...even though they do it to everyone else ;)

Oh, and how can we forget Ziege!

God, half the premier league clubs could end up with signing bans for 2 cycles at this rate, it would certainly make things interesting when players get injured and the teams end up down to their bare bones xD

Manchester United could face Fiorentina complaint

Manchester United could be the subject of a FIFA investigation into the transfer of 16-year-old Italian defender Michele Fornasier from Serie A side Fiorentina.

FIFA have confirmed that the Italian club have already made contact ahead of a possible complaint against the Premier League champions and world football's governing body are awaiting documentation from Fiorentina to begin a formal complaint.

Fornasier, who turned 16 in August, was offered a contract by United after impressing while playing for the club in the Milk Cup tournament in Northern Ireland this summer. Italian clubs are unable to sign players until they are 18 and, as such, the Viola were unable to sign up Fornasier prior to United's move.

FIFA said in a statement: "We can confirm that we were contacted by Fiorentina with regard to the potential transfer of the player, Michele Fornasier, to the English club, Manchester United. However, so far no formal investigation was opened since the relevant documentation needs to be completed."

The Red Devils signed Italian striker Federico Macheda, who shot to fame after he scored two vital goals during the Premier League title run in last season, in similar circumstances from Lazio two years ago and the Rome club's president Claudio Lotito subsequently called for a change in regulations.

"We tried in every way to stop Manchester United from taking away our player but the present Italian regulations don't give you any type of defence," said Lotito. "In reality we find ourselves in front of a proper cattle market."

Earlier this week French club La Havre made a complaint against United regarding the signing of 17-year old French starlet Paul Pogba this summer. The Ligue 2 club claimed United made payments to the parents of the French starlet in order to entice the player to Old Trafford.

However, in a statement United threatened to take legal action against Le Havre if they continued with "unfounded" allegations.

Last week FIFA banned Chelsea from making any signings in the next two transfer windows after the club were found to have induced young midfielder Gael Kakuta to break his contract with RC Lens in 2007. A spate of complaints regarding approaches towards young players has ensued.

This is gonna go on all season :p

Perhaps some people in UEFA and FIFA want to stop english clubs buying players!

All they can do now really is put it into law that if a youth player has been at the club for a year (or some sort of period) then he has to sign a pro contract with that club which lasts for say (3years+). I suppose you could then put a limit on how many youth players you can have from outside your association.

Quite frankly the whole system needs to be overhauled. All these work permits, youth stealing, a player playing in another country and becoming a national of that country (which gets around certain regulations).

It's not going to go away straight away, if they start playing with these rules than other rules have to change to make it fair to all the leagues.

oh noes if there's 2 claims against you its not good!

AFAIK, neither are official. As I said previously, unless the player has a pro-contract there is no legal problem. That doesn't mean the club who had him as a youngster will be happy if he leaves however...

Arsenal boss against legislation to ban transfers of U18's

Arsene Wenger claims a ban on the transfer of under 18s would be very damaging for the game.

Arsenal have a long history of developing young talent from around the globe.

"Look at the alternative. If you ban players from moving before the age of 18, you know what will happen? The player will be sold anyway," he said.

"To whom? To agents. At what age? At 13, 14. Where will they go? Not to top-level clubs with top-level education.

"They will go to clubs who have been bought by business people, of a very low level, and will stay there until the age of 18 waiting to be sold. The money will go out of the game.

"You have always to look if you make one decision, what kind of alternative?

"If your players cannot move to the best clubs, I believe they will not improve.

"At the end of the day, to be a top-level player is to be with the best.

"You can speak bout the compensation level, is it right or not. I am open to that.

"I am against the process of stopping the players moving to the top level.

"If you have a child who is a good musician, what is your first reaction?

"It is to put it into a good music school, not in an average one, so why should that not happen in football?"

The Frenchman maintained: "If a player goes to Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, it is all clean and he gets a good education. That is why I am very sharp on cases like that.

"We have to respect the rules that are in place."

Wenger feels allowing natural talent to develop at the top clubs has to be encouraged, rather than legislated against.

"England is, at the moment, in a week position for taking young players because they inflict a big handicap on themselves by the fact that they have no access to Asian players, no access to South American players, no access to African players," Wenger said.

"On top of that, if it was impossible to take European players then you will have a big handicap in the future for English football.

"What is happening now is a case that I have fought for a long, long time against - people with regressive ideas.

"To expose your local players to top-world class players does not harm your players, it improves your players because it respects one basic rule - the best to become better have to play better.

"If you have a good national team today, it just proves it conforms to what I have preached for a long, long time - don't hide the best players in England from being exposed with the best ones, because that will make them weaker.

"Get them to be confronted with the best and make them stronger."

Wenger defended Arsenal's multi-national youth policy.

"People think that we take 30 players every year and you get them into your academy. No, it's not like that," he said.

"When we take one or two, we give them a top level education, we give them a top level scholarship, and we look after them socially."

Source

Completely agree with Wenger (never thought I'd say that soon!), his comparison with talented teen musicians is completely true.

Also, as I've seen it, all of these smaller clubs are all saying "We wanted to do something, but there was no legal protection", so I don't entirely see how these big clubs that 'steal' U18s can get in any legal trouble. You can't just change the rules and then retroactively apply it, that's completely unfair.