Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Premier League 2009/2010  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League in 2010?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  2. 2. Who will be relegated in 2010? [Select 3]

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer?

• Andrei Arshavin
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Nicolas Anelka
    • Robin van Persie
    • Robinho
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

oh noes if there's 2 claims against you its not good!

It is if you support one of their rivals like I do :laugh:

Seriously though, I agree with Wenger a transfer embargo on under 18s is not the way to go, I think maybe they should have transfer negotiations overseen by a neutral FIFA representative.

Wenger on Messi and possibility to ban under-18 transfers..

"Messi is a good counter-example of what Fifa is fighting against," said Wenger.

"They took Messi from Argentina at the age of 12, paid for his medical treatment and brought his entire family over. You can ask whether that is right or wrong, but Messi today is the best player in the world.

"In Barcelona he got a good education and was looked after medically. Should you forbid that? Maybe Messi would still have got a good education in Argentina, but not all the boys will.

"As for Fabregas, he has not wasted his time here but he could have also played in the Under-17s at Barcelona. We took advantage of a period of Barcelona that was messy."

Could not agree more.. instead of banning this.. FIFA should facilitate and regulate.. ofcourse it should not feel like a player is sold/bought like a slave or is bought as a result of bribing someone or being stolen from parent club (which is what Chelsea/Utd cases are abt) without compensation to parent club.. FIFA should overlook the whole process and a report should be submitted signed by reps of both club showing consent of player and clubs..

Liverpool Football Club have signed an ?80million shirt sponsorship deal with London-based bank Standard Chartered, newspaper The Times has revealed.

Earlier this evening club co-owner George Gillett said the club?s new sponsor will be officially unveiled on September 18th at a press conference.

But The Times has revealed that the contracts have been signed and a four year deal with the worldwide banking giant.

The ?80million figure, ?20million per season, equals that achieved by Manchester United in their latest sponsorship deal with American financial company, Aon Corp.

The Reds? previous sponsorship deal with Danish brewers Carlsberg earnt the club a mere ?7.2million per season. The 17-year affiliation between Carlsberg and Liverpool will finish at the end of the current season.

does that mean no more carlsberg on the jersey? :(

Wenger on Messi and possibility to ban under-18 transfers..

Could not agree more.. instead of banning this.. FIFA should facilitate and regulate.. ofcourse it should not feel like a player is sold/bought like a slave or is bought as a result of bribing someone or being stolen from parent club (which is what Chelsea/Utd cases are abt) without compensation to parent club.. FIFA should overlook the whole process and a report should be submitted signed by reps of both club showing consent of player and clubs..

you are right. i don't see anything wrong with that at all. If a team wants to invest in a player at a young age and is willing to not only improve his way of life, but his family, who is FIFA to stop that?

Spurs back on the ground. We were simply better, in every aspects. Brilliant free kick by Giggs, first (and quite nice) EPL goal for Anderson and Rooney doing what he does best, being the best player in the world right now.

And very good game between Arsenal and City. Adebayor is a dumb ass but Arsenal have a problem when the oponent push for scoring. Maybe they can't handle the pressure, I don't watch every game so I can't really tell but you've seen this already against us. 2 goals in 5 minutes and 3 in 10 minutes against City.

Edited by nothuman

I think that's the fasted I've ever seen him move!

As for our game, Scholes shouldn't have been sent off, first yellow was a yellow the second one he pulled out of and afaik those were the only 2 mis-timed tackles he did in the game :/

Adebayor is a Class A ######. Good result for the city Mancs though, they are starting to look like a serious threat. As for United, figured spuds would come unstuck sooner or later. Chelsea are also scraping results at the moment, and will need to pick up their form for when they start meeting the bigger sides. And an obviously good result for Liverpool

Tevez cost ?47m?

Manchester City are paying an astonishing ?47 million fee to Carlos T?vez?s private ?owners? in a move that obliterates the British transfer record. The deal makes the Argentina striker the fifth most expensive footballer of all time.

City?s billionaire Arab owners have agreed to pay almost twice the ?25.5 million fee widely reported to have changed hands, The Times can reveal. An initial ?15 million payment is to be followed by two additional sums of ?16 million.

Another ?3.5 million will be paid if City win the Champions League while T?vez is at the club ? an improbable scenario, but Sheikh Mansour has already shown the lengths to which he is prepared to go to transform the club from perennial underachievers into contenders for the biggest priz:|.

:|

good result by liverpool. murdered them. Defoe goal was unreal, that was the only game i was able to watch live (damn time zone difference).

and i really don't mind what adebayor did, putting in the face of the club that tossed him.

and i'm jealous of martyn... one day i'll see a match live :(

Sport_613289a.jpg

C***!!!

FA chief Ian Watmore told BBC Sport: "I was unimpressed because of the problems between the Arsenal fans and Adebayor.

"We'll look at it on Monday and then bring it to the disciplinary process."

Adebayor escaped punishment on the pitch following the Van Persie incident, although he was booked for his inflammatory goal celebration.

Watmore would not be drawn on the possible length of any ban Adebayor could face.

"Our governance team will take a good look at both of the incidents that have been highlighted and will come to the media with the answers early next week.

"The punishments are the decision of the individual commission, if we get that far."

I don't give a wooden nickel abt the celebration.. that was expected.. we knew if he scored he will do smth like that.. but RvP stamp was disgraceful.. video here. How he got away with this? I don't know.. was the 4th official blind?

Edited by Kralik

The tackle by RvP was pretty bad too, though it can't excuse what Ade did.

But atleast RvP seemed to be going for the ball.. Ade clearly lashed out at RvP.. even Spurs' players have more class than this a**..

Rooney doing what he does best, being the best player in the world right now.

Highly debatable.. for me.. not even close.. I rate Torres, Teves and Villa to name a few above him as strikers..

Stevie G, Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Arshavin and many are better than him too imo..

Definitely pleased about the 3-1 Man United victory, but I literally applauded that 1st minute goal by Defoe, pure class (Y) I was sad that we was down a goal in 1 minute, but I honestly couldn't fault it at all, brilliant goal.

Makes me proud to have someone like that on the England squad, for sure!

Sport_613289a.jpg

C***!!!

I don't give a wooden nickel abt the celebration.. that was expected.. we knew if he scored he will do smth like that.. but RvP stamp was disgraceful.. video here. How he got away with this? I don't know.. was the 4th official blind?

that was pretty bad...