The New Me.

Warwagon that is awesome. I remember checking this thread when you originally started it, but seeing those updated pictures on page 8 really show a dramatic difference. I wish more people had the drive to do this similar thing and our nation would be a lot better off.

I'm currently doing the opposite and bulking up and I love looking at old pictures of myself, it really makes you feel good to see positive changes with your body.

That's pretty damn impressive. Are you just using a bike though? I'm sure you could do with some other stuff in there, too. I dunno what's best for weight loss as im a skinny bugger but something like swimming looks like a good idea.

I hope this thread has encouraged other people to get off their arse.. even if you don't have weight to lose, you've got muscle to gain!

LOL you look like Jared.. Speaking of which he is turning into a fat ass again so maybe Subway should pick you up to replace him, because it looks like you have done a nice job on it.

Keep it up!!

Congrats! You've made impressive changes. Have you added this to your blog? Perhaps create a 'journal' (food, time of exercise) so to speak? Maybe to inspire others?

I know that I've slacked now for roughly 12 months myself, and gained a significant amount of weight... However, I'm back in the gym

:0)

LOL you look like Jared.. Speaking of which he is turning into a fat ass again so maybe Subway should pick you up to replace him, because it looks like you have done a nice job on it.

Keep it up!!

Good job man (Y)

I started doing the same. I got a treadmill and starting to use it for 30-40 mins daily. I need to lose around 15 lbs to get to my ideal weight. I need to eat less pizza and pastas :p

Good job man (Y)

I started doing the same. I got a treadmill and starting to use it for 30-40 mins daily. I need to lose around 15 lbs to get to my ideal weight. I need to eat less pizza and pastas :p

Best bet if you still want to eat pizza/pastas, work out for sure before breakfast and if possible before either lunch or dinner. That way when your body needs food, it will burn off the fat reserves before it gets any food.

Hey warwagon, I wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to lose some weight. I put a status update on my facebook asking "Does anybody have an exercise bike they don't want?"... And surprisingly, the first response was "Yeah, my uncle has one sitting around. He said you can have it."

:laugh:

I should be picking it up within a few days!

You can really see the difference in your face :yes: Great work mate, wish i could be as motivated as that but im just lazy :sleep: - been meaning to make regular trips to the gym for about the last two years... not quite got there yet tho :laugh:

Thank you everyone for all the responses. If I motivate someone to hop on an bike themselves, then all the better.

Personally when I watch TV, I "Watch TV", so I don't really like to excersize while watching main stream shows. Because I feel I can't give it my entire attention. Which is why when I work out on the bike I personally watch revison3 programing. Mainly

Diggnation

The Digg Wheel

HD Nation

Then I just slide the bike in front of the TV and bike to 20 mins of the show. A lot of them you can get 2 days worth of biking out of.

here is my new Newspaper ad, of which showcases my weight loss The one on the right was created March 28th 2008 the one on the left was created just a few minutes ago.

post-4927-12673188934162_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

The story of my weight loss success.

I was the kind of person that would have 2 hot dogs for breakfast, 2 for dinner and then a jack?s pizza for supper. To top it off, in the afternoon I would eat a big plate of nacho chips with cheese and salsa. Not because I was starving but just because. Fast forward to Christmas 2008. Up until that point I knew I was gaining weight, I just didn?t care. I saw some very unflattering Christmas photos that were taking of me at my parent?s house. When I first set eyes on the photos the very first thing that went through my head was (pardon my language) ?Who would want to **** that??. It was there and then that I decided I had to make a change. I figured the first thing that had to go was my eating habits.

I told myself, I can have something to eat for breakfast (After all breakfast is good for you) and something for dinner. I saw no reason for eating anything between dinner and supper (Yes i'm still eating 3 meals a day). The day I implemented those guidelines, to say I was hungry in the afternoon was an understatement. I remember thinking OMG, I?m craving a big plate of something right now, OMG I?m so hungry! If you think that feeling goes away after only a few days it doesn?t. It goes on for a week or more. Eventually your body catches on and you become less hungry, to the point where you really aren?t hungry at all (not like you use to be). To this day I have only had hotdogs 3 times in the past year and a half.

At the same time (the day after I saw the photos) I bought an exercise bike from Wal-Mart. I remember calling my parents after I got the bike assembled. Their exact words were ?So you bought a bike!? I think that was code for ?I see that collecting dust after a very short period of time?.

The only way I could see this exercise bike being a success is if I could use it while watching TV (To this day it still lives against my living room wall).

I asked myself ?How long should I use it??. To this day I despise riding the thing. The only thing I look forward to is finishing it. I figured 10 mins sounds too short and 30 sounds a bit much, so how about 20 minutes. I figure that way I?ll get a work out and won?t burn out in the process.

So I started. What?s really depressing is after 2 or 3 weeks of use you see ABSOLUTLY no difference in the way you look. You may see a pound disappear here or there, but over all you feel and look the same.

You basically want to say ?**** it?. Oddly enough after you keep on keeping on, the day comes when you wake up, look in the mirror and step on the scale and say ?Oh my gosh, I actually see a difference.?

I guess the moral of this boring story is, don?t give up. It can be very discouraging at first. In fact, going back to the old way of life usually sounds much more fun and less tiring. In the end you will prevail, and look and feel better in the process.

You need a better/catchier Ad IMHO. I'll create one for you if it's not too late :)

PM me that image without text

• 5 months later...

Found an old picture my mom had from 2008 I didn't even know I took. I then combined it with a photo taken last night.

beforeaftermayoct2.jpg

First off, Congrats (Y)

Secondly, for more 'dramatic' results, it's probably "better" to use a "before" pic, from when you were at your heaviest, then an "After" pic, when you're at the weight you want to maintain. That way the difference will be more dramatic, as opposed to if you take pics regularly, and then compare - i.e.

Before:

me_pic1.jpg

After:

Image266.jpg

As opposed to using 4 - 5 'in between' pics. [Though I suppose you could use that to show the general progression of your weight-loss, and how your body / facial features have changed]

Anyways, just my opinion. More important thing is you stuck to your guns, so Congrats again (Y)