The New Me.

This is a great story i'm about to do the exact same thing. My partners sister is giving us her exercise bike so we're going to stick it infront of the TV, if it's in a different room it will be 'out of sight out of mind' kinda thing.

Neither of us are over weight, we don't over eat but when we do have meals it's usually crap and i love takeaways on the weekend, so just something to keep the weight at bay will do. I'm also very unfit.

Not really helping my social anxiety

What's that? :D I don't see the other members posting their pics here :D lol

p.s. keep up the good work, dude!

• 11 months later...

congrats, i wish i could be better about taking care of myself, I weight 240ish and feel like a fatso i have no energy and i am a lazy bum, I tried to do the walking thing but i always came up with excuses why i couldnt do it. :(

congrats, i wish i could be better about taking care of myself, I weight 240ish and feel like a fatso i have no energy and i am a lazy bum, I tried to do the walking thing but i always came up with excuses why i couldnt do it. :(

Here is what ya do. Don't listen to music when you walk, that gets old. Find your self a great entertaining weekly podcast(s) and listen to that as you walk. It makes the walk really enjoyably, in fact, only listen to that podcast when you walk and then you will be actually be ooking forward to that walk.

Before I started walking everyday, I would still always walk down town to the bars and back again, every Friday night while listening to the "Security now" podcast. Let me tell ya, I couldn't wait for Fridays to get here so I could go for my walk. Give it a shot!

I went from 350+ (the scale at the time only went up that high) down to 235 and put on a bit of muscle in the process. My friends and family tell me that I should be happy with where I'm at but I still feel pretty blah to be honest. I've been told that's fairly common though. I feel much better about myself, but not completely happy with the new me just yet.

Edit: Congratulations! Sorry, forgot the most important part of the post! >.<

Good job on the weight loss, i know you feel amazing about yourself. Have a question though, you said you started to creep back up to 194 LBS ... why was that? Did you start eating wrong, being lazy or what? Just a curious question is all, I've know people that lost a lot of weight, then when they reached their goal they let themselves go again, seems like a total wasted effort.

Good job on the weight loss, i know you feel amazing about yourself. Have a question though, you said you started to creep back up to 194 LBS ... why was that? Did you start eating wrong, being lazy or what? Just a curious question is all, I've know people that lost a lot of weight, then when they reached their goal they let themselves go again, seems like a total wasted effort.

Well honestly I think it's my dad's fault! :laugh:

He comes up to eat dinner with me on his lunch break. Either he brings food or I cook. He usually ate dinner at 12 Noon. Then he started going in 11am til 8pm and taking lunch at 3pm. I think that screwed me up. I would eat breakfast, but then would be hungry waiting til 3 so I would eat and then eat at 3 and then at night. So there was that.

There was also the fact that my body was just getting use to the exercise bike. I know i could of done it longer but I hated the exorcize bike as it was and didn't really want to do it longer.

So now I'm walking and only walking. I stopped the using the bike. I really enjoy it. I use to ride the bike in the morning after I would wake up and hated it. But as far as the walk goes, i walk at night (at the end of my day) and I actually look forward to it. When I started I originally was going to take Sunday off from walking. But then Sunday came around and I was craving a walk. :rofl:

i can walk 1.62 miles on a good day in about 22 mins.

Man I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 247 and I have absolutely no energy. It's funny I ran across this thread because I just started a diet today and even lifted and treadmilled. I'm not going to say I'm going to stick with it, but I feel I have to this time because my cholesterol is high. I feel confident this time, but we'll see.

Here is what ya do. Don't listen to music when you walk, that gets old. Find your self a great entertaining weekly podcast(s) and listen to that as you walk.

This is so true.

Nice job on the weight loss. Amazing results. Keep it up.

I'm 5'8" and I went from 200lbs to 150lbs and put on quite a bit of muscle. Went from 34" waist to 30" waist. It took me about 8 months to do.

Honestly, I felt disgusting when I was at 200lbs. Dieting and exercising is a pain in the ass (though it is a good stress reliever and I still run and weight lift), but sticking with it makes you feel so much better about yourself both physically and mentally in the end that it's completely worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

700bt.jpg

I got to 700 faster, because the original 3.24 mile I thought I walked every night was done with the GPS in my car. When I actually measured with an app on an android device with GPS as I walked, it came out to around 3.5.