Girl Gets Flu Shot - Now She Can Only Walk Backwards

You didn't answer the question. Do you people that she's faking it just for laughs and giggles? Yes or no?

There are many variants of the illness, including this: http://www.dystonia-foundation.org/pages/more_info/86.php

This is completely real, not voluntary, and not faked. It's real suffering, and I think you're way out of line.

So I suppose she won't be making a claim for compensation?

And nobody has ever lied before?

And there were WMD's in Iraq?

From the evidence I have seen, I don't believe it. The way she slurs when being interviewed on the couch, how she can control her seizures enough to accelerate, how she was talking normally when running and then realised she was doing so and shut up quickly.

In fact, the only evidence we have is her word, and you are trying to tell me that I should abandon all reason and logic because of a full of flaws video?

Wow my boss was talking to us about this story the other day at the office, and I did not believe it till I watched this, poor girl.

In fact, the only evidence we have is her word, and you are trying to tell me that I should abandon all reason and logic because of a full of flaws video?

There are several videos and articles, spanning some time, and she has presumably also seen medical professionals (and some have commented in the media). You have decided that it isn't real because you don't believe the symptoms you see in the video could actually be any sort of real condition (even psychogenic), despite the fact that you have no experience or knowledge about the subject at all. Is that rational?

If it is psychogenic then the flu shot would have only been the trigger and not the actual cause. As I said before though, it doesn't really matter because rare adverse reactions to the flu shot do actually happen. I'd be inclined to accept her at her word.

There are several videos and articles, spanning some time, and she has presumably also seen medical professionals (and some have commented in the media). You have decided that it isn't real because you don't believe the symptoms you see in the video could actually be any sort of real condition (even psychogenic), despite the fact that you have no experience or knowledge about the subject at all. Is that rational?

Don't bring rationality into it, millions of people believe in a God and base their entire lives around religion, I don't, and I know nothing about God. Do I have to go away and study every religion in order to make a proper judgement on the matter?

I believe what I wan't to believe using my logic and reasoning, and nobody else's.

Anyway, was fun arguing with you but it's going nowhere. I still don't believe it at all, lets just leave it at that.

I believe what I wan't to believe using my logic and reasoning, and nobody else's.

You do have to study in order to make "proper judgment" on medical conditions (regardless of whether they're physiological or psychogenic in nature, or a combination of the two).

+1 to everything O.G says.

A Healthy life style with healthy diet is the only vaccine you need, there are thousands of documented cases of uneeded vaccines causing more harm than good.

All vaccines have side effects, some of them take years and generations to manifest , your children or their children might suffer from genetical illness and such.

Certainly is possible and it seems real. Keep in mind that when you treat a large number of people, some of them will have adverse outcomes. Some will even die. It is inevitable. Drugs are evaluated on a population basis. This means that they must be shown to have a measurable benefit when given to lots of people. The benefits must outweigh the risks. What has happened with vaccinations is that a small number of people who somehow have good media access (Jenny McCarthy, etc) bring these extremely rare cases to the public spotlight. This creates an irresponsible situation that misinforms citizens. We see cases of Guillain-Barre a couple times per month at the hospital I work at. But it's still extraordinarily rare and I wouldn't recommend that anyone go into sterile isolation because they might get it.

Don't bring rationality into it, millions of people believe in a God and base their entire lives around religion, I don't, and I know nothing about God. Do I have to go away and study every religion in order to make a proper judgement on the matter?

Well, I for one am not going to fault you for choosing not to talk to an imaginary friend. However, it is reasonable to expect that you might study different religions so that you can make valid arguments as to why you don't believe in them.

A Healthy life style with healthy diet is the only vaccine you need, there are thousands of documented cases of uneeded vaccines causing more harm than good.

Thousands? I think you're pulling numbers out of your arse to be frank.

All vaccines have side effects, some of them take years and generations to manifest , your children or their children might suffer from genetical illness and such.

post-43974-1256423437_thumb.jpg

Yes, some older vaccines were unacceptably harmful. Yes, you need to be well-informed about the risks/benefits of any treatment and make a conscious decision. But to suggest that our children will get "genetical" disease from a parent's vaccine shows just how idiotic you are.

Some people may be healthier or more resistant to certain things whether it be from lifestyle, genes, natural immunities or whatever but not everyone is like that. Just because some Joe Sixpack never gets the flu and has a perfect chiselled body doesn't mean everyone else is blessed with an impervious body too.

I don't think she's faking it but if she is then she's still got some major problems to deal with.

Edited by Rob2687

Some people may be healthier or more resistant to certain things whether it be from lifestyle, genes, natural immunities or whatever but not everyone is like that. Just because some Joe Sixpack never gets the flu and has a perfect chiselled body doesn't mean everyone else is blessed with an impervious body too.

Exactly. One gets vaccines to protect other people and that is especially true with the flu vaccine. Sure, if you entire world consists of nobody other than yourself and you know that you have no underlying conditions then, yes, you would personally be better off to skip the flu shot. That isn't a world that I live in though. I have friends, relatives and co-workers all around me. I live in a community and the community will be better off if at least 50% of the people get the vaccine.

Edited by Fred Derf
better "off" not better "of"

Exactly. One gets vaccines to protect other people and that is especially true with the flu vaccine. Sure, if you entire world consists of nobody other than yourself and you know that you have no underlying conditions then, yes, you would personally be better off to skip the flu shot. That isn't a world that I live in though. I have friends, relatives and co-workers all around me. I live in a community and the community will be better of if at least 50% of the people get the vaccine.

Yeah, but when you have people who live in the United States of Me.. it's hard to change their mind about anything.

But that's the main thing - vaccinations are all about the community. Most of the main trouble has already passed in Australia but I've read that it's still sweeping through the US with the death toll over 1000?

Edited by chAos972

Exactly. One gets vaccines to protect other people and that is especially true with the flu vaccine. Sure, if you entire world consists of nobody other than yourself and you know that you have no underlying conditions then, yes, you would personally be better off to skip the flu shot. That isn't a world that I live in though. I have friends, relatives and co-workers all around me. I live in a community and the community will be better off if at least 50% of the people get the vaccine.

What an utter load of crap. The flu vaccine prevents you from developing serious effects, or at least it is meant to lessen the severity. What it certainly does not do is prevent you from contracting the virus, it also does not stop you from spreading the virus to others once you have contracted it. There is zero social benefit to mass flu vaccination, and to say otherwise is a bold face lie.

To put this hysteria into some sort of perspective, between August 30 and October 17th this year;

2,416 died from seasonal flu or pneumonia

85,500 people died from heart disease

70,000 people died from cancer

8,900 people died from diabetes

So why again exactly should I get the h1n1 vaccination?

What an utter load of crap. The flu vaccine prevents you from developing serious effects, or at least it is meant to lessen the severity. What it certainly does not do is prevent you from contracting the virus, it also does not stop you from spreading the virus to others once you have contracted it. There is zero social benefit to mass flu vaccination, and to say otherwise is a bold face lie.

To put this hysteria into some sort of perspective, between August 30 and October 17th this year;

2,416 died from seasonal flu or pnumonia

Because the relatively slow amount of 2416 compared to the other numbers proves that the fact that there is a vaccin available actually makes a difference.

Because the relatively slow amount of 2416 compared to the other numbers proves that the fact that there is a vaccin available actually makes a difference.

What? Is that statement even meant to be serious? For your sake I hope not.

What? Is that statement even meant to be serious? For your sake I hope not.

That's how I think about it. There are so many diseases that were completely eliminated from this world just by vaccination.

2,416 died from seasonal flu or pneumonia

First of all, there is no heart disease vaccine, there is no cancer vaccine and there is no diabetes vaccine.

And, yes, the flu vaccine does limit the exposure of the virus to your system thus reducing the chance of mutation (on an individual basis this would be microscopic but on a societal level it becomes significant) and the chance of you spreading the virus. The vaccine trains your body's white blood cells to get rid of the virus quickly and thus you won't be as sick or as contagious for as many days. In fact, it should limit the effect of the flu to the point where you aren't particularly contagious (at least to the point where you aren't actively sneezing/coughing on other people).

When it comes right down to it, the best benefits of the flu are the social benefits that comes from about 50% of the population being vaccinated. On an individual basis it's meh.

That's how I think about it. There are so many diseases that were completely eliminated from this world just by vaccination.

And here we have a perfect example of the deliberate confusion between vaccination and immunization. Immunization is the eradication of disease, the swine flu vaccine is not an inocculation, it is a vaccination meant to treat teh symptoms. You cannot treat the cause and there is no cure for the flu. The flu vaccine does not stop you from spreading the disease, it is not the purpose of the vaccine.

First of all, there is no heart disease vaccine, there is no cancer vaccine and there is no diabetes vaccine.

You have essentialy proven my point. I am far more likely to drop dead from either of those. Should I go get all the cancer treatments on the off chance I have cancer? Maybe the doc should put me on blood pressure meds on teh off chance I get high blood pressure. No, so why get a vaccine for something you're probably not even going to get and if you did you'd recover from anyway. It's retarded.