Girl Gets Flu Shot - Now She Can Only Walk Backwards

Uh, yes you can, my mother gets it every year, after every flu shot, she's got the flu for a week... the flu vaccine is essentially the influenza virus.

No, it is not. The flu shots contain inactivated viruses, and the sprays contain weakened viruses that couldn't even infect someone without an immune system.

If the flu shot actually gave your mom the flu every year (and thus risk killing her if she's in a high risk group), then that would sort of defeat the whole purpose. Think, man.

I believe she may have incurred Guillain-Barr? Syndrome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillain%E2%8...%C3%A9_syndrome.

Here's all the pros/cons of the flu-vaccine accroding to the CDC. The con (contraindication) Guillian-Barre Syndrome is mentionned about 1/4 or 1/5 of the way down the page.

Its a good article to read if you want mor information about flu vaccines in general.

Not GBS, she's been diagnosed with Dystonia.

You cannot get the flu from a flu vaccine. I think that's fairly important to point out, since it might scare people.

Just re-read my post. Thanks for catching my mistake! I meant to say flu-like symptoms (head-ache, muscle aches, etc..) and not the actual flu. Although it is entirely possible to get the flu after getting the flu shot from someone who is infected. It takes your body 1-2 weeks to produce the anti-bodies to fight off the flu virus, which is maybe what iamawesomewicked was speaking about (?)

still think thats fake. I've seen some weird things on the internet, this has got to top the list for now. 10 on the WTF scale.

It aint fake, just look it up in a medical textbook (or google booksearch) :)

It aint fake, just look it up in a medical textbook (or google booksearch) :)

The condition may not be fake but there is no way of knowing is she is faking it though. Just like there is no way of knowing if it was a flu jab that bought her symptoms on, or even if she is really ill if it isn't all in her head (link).

Oh, and as for being diagnosed, there are thousands of people in the UK on disability living allowance after diagnosis who are perfectly well, like my neighbour with chronic back problems on disability who plastered my ceiling a few weeks ago.

Why people are so quick to believe this I don't know, but then again the Nigerian scammers are still making money. Maybe her good looks have something to do with it...

You cannot get the flu from a flu vaccine. I think that's fairly important to point out, since it might scare people.

ummm... go talk to people who have had one. yes, you can get mildly sick from a flu shot. ive had 2 flu shots in my lifetime and after both i got sick. also children can run fevers afterwords too, i know as i have 4 kids. still in the long run, it's better than being layed up in bed for 10 days with the full blown flu. the h1n1 vaccine IMO was not tested on enough people. i know quite a few people who work in the health care industry and they and even most doctors are passing on the shot.

i read a statistic that states 60% of people will get h1n1 this year because it is a new strain and no one is immune to it. on the other hand i also read just the other day that anyone born on 1975 or before may have some immunity to it. i guess im safe then, lmao. i don't trust my government at all, id like to know if obama and his clan all got the shot, i bet not.

ummm... go talk to people who have had one. yes, you can get mildly sick from a flu shot. ive had 2 flu shots in my lifetime and after both i got sick. also children can run fevers afterwords too, i know as i have 4 kids. still in the long run, it's better than being layed up in bed for 10 days with the full blown flu. the h1n1 vaccine IMO was not tested on enough people. i know quite a few people who work in the health care industry and they and even most doctors are passing on the shot.

i read a statistic that states 60% of people will get h1n1 this year because it is a new strain and no one is immune to it. on the other hand i also read just the other day that anyone born on 1975 or before may have some immunity to it. i guess im safe then, lmao. i don't trust my government at all, id like to know if obama and his clan all got the shot, i bet not.

The difference is actually getting the flu vs getting flu-like symptoms.

Go talk to people who've had one? Why? Getting a shot doesn't make you an expert on something. Yes, you can get "mildly sick" from a flu shot. You can, however, not get the flu from it. There is an exceptionally big difference.

Go talk to people who've had one? Why? Getting a shot doesn't make you an expert on something. Yes, you can get "mildly sick" from a flu shot. You can, however, not get the flu from it. There is an exceptionally big difference.

did you read what i just typed? you still get sick from it just not the "full blown" flu.

The difference is actually getting the flu vs getting flu-like symptoms.

the point is your still sick. thats why alot of people avoid it.

did you read what i just typed? you still get sick from it just not the "full blown" flu.

"The flu" means being infected by an influenza virus. It is not a generic term for "feeling sick." It has one very specific meaning. There is no "mild flu" and "full blown flu." The vaccine gives you no flu at all. It can give you certain mild symptoms that are similar to those the flu can, but it cannot give you the flu. This is an important and fundamental distinction. It the flu vaccine could actually give you the flu, it would be extremely dangerous and would kill more people than it helped.

how unlucky do you have to be that 1 in a million person... geez wiz :no: .... I've never gotten flu shots....but this makes you wonder now...

So, I've found that you should never stop at red lights.

I saw a car stop at a red light tonight, and then very soon after, it was involved in a crash. Based on my observation, I'm going to conclude that stopping at red lights causes car crashes.

Does anyone see the flaw in assuming that an observed event caused a subsequent event?

i don't trust my government at all, id like to know if obama and his clan all got the shot, i bet not.

He's already publicly said he and the family will get the h1n1, including his kids, and they've already gotten the seasonal flu shot.

He's already publicly said he and the family will get the h1n1, including his kids, and they've already gotten the seasonal flu shot.

i didn't see that, well of course he did, they have to protect the president. if we all die in a pandemic they will shove his rear end in an underground bunker before hand. :p

i didn't see that, well of course he did, they have to protect the president. if we all die in a pandemic they will shove his rear end in an underground bunker before hand. :p

Well, I think it's more telling that his daughters would be getting it as well.

And if Fallout 3 has taught us nothing else, at least we know we can just elect a supercomputer.

Theres nothing wrong with the Swine Flu shots. I had one the other day and I'm perfectly fine, also didn't get any side effects. In Australia, theres been 1000s of people who have had the Swine Flu shot and theres been no reports of anyone getting serious side effects, including the urge to suddenly roll in mud or go oink oink. In all seriousness it's safe.

Theres nothing wrong with the Swine Flu shots. I had one the other day and I'm perfectly fine, also didn't get any side effects. In Australia, theres been 1000s of people who have had the Swine Flu shot and theres been no reports of anyone getting serious side effects, including the urge to suddenly roll in mud or go oink oink. In all seriousness it's safe.

glad to hear it man. still the masses won't get the shot purely because it's new and not tested on enough people.