A 5 year old Pizza, is it still okay?

if this hits the front page of digg you will be required to eat the fish sticks while using the cheese as a dipping sauce....

Digg link on the first post!

I still don't understand what's so epic about this thread.

Should I create a thread every time I eat a perfectly safe food to eat now too?

yes you should! :)

I still don't understand what's so epic about this thread.

Should I create a thread every time I eat a perfectly safe food to eat now too?

I don't think pizza or fishsticks that have expired 5-9 years ago are generally considered "safe" =P

To the OP: Hell no. Waaaay back when I was a 19 yr old punk I used to be a manager for that section in a grocery store. There are dates for a reason. The merchants and vendors have to get rid of items like that. Throw it out.

I don't think pizza or fishsticks that have expired 5-9 years ago are generally considered "safe" =P

The expiration date is for taste quality, and not the food itself. It's not tasty to eat, but frozen food is safe to eat even after a decade if kept frozen.

Flavor will be lost but the pizza is edible.

That's considering that the freezer never stopped working or was kept open for 1-2 days during those 5 years

Kind of on topic - in the office we have 2 jars in the window since Dec 08, one with McDonalds fries and one with KFC fries. It is quite disgusting!

Fries from fast food will never rot, lol

Well, the KFC are beyond gross. I reckon you could warm up the McDonalds, put them back in a pack and get someone to eat them! You want them Sethos? :D

try and get pictures! :D

In my more wild, carefree days of high school (5 years ago), my daddy gave me his old mini-van. The furthest back seat was gone, and we used the empty spot to throw our trash, which mostly consisted of empty pizza boxes, since our favorite pizza place was just down the road from campus. We threw those boxes back there even if it still had pizza in it. It was the only place I junked up like that.

I cleaned that van out at the start of Spring where I found a couple of slices of pizza from the previous Autumn (at least 3-5 months old); we happened to scribble all over the box, so I knew exactly when it was from, though there were boxes and other junk dating back a year or more. I figured it had to have been frozen or at least "refrigerated" most of that time.

It looked good. I was hungry. So I ate one.

Totally worth it. And I was perfectly fine afterward.

Minus the drugs, sex and alcohol, I lived like a frat boy, back then.

Now I'm a mysophobic, neat-freak, girly girl with only mild streaks of "gross!" in her clean, organized life!

-Emily

In my more wild, carefree days of high school (5 years ago), my daddy gave me his old mini-van. The furthest back seat was gone, and we used the empty spot to throw our trash, which mostly consisted of empty pizza boxes, since our favorite pizza place was just down the road from campus. We threw those boxes back there even if it still had pizza in it. It was the only place I junked up like that.

I cleaned that van out at the start of Spring where I found a couple of slices of pizza from the previous Autumn (at least 3-5 months old); we happened to scribble all over the box, so I knew exactly when it was from, though there were boxes and other junk dating back a year or more. I figured it had to have been frozen or at least "refrigerated" most of that time.

It looked good. I was hungry. So I ate one.

Totally worth it. And I was perfectly fine afterward.

Minus the drugs, sex and alcohol, I lived like a frat boy, back then.

Now I'm a mysophobic, neat-freak, girly girl with only mild streaks of "gross!" in her clean, organized life!

-Emily

asl? :rofl:

Jk Jk!