2010 Summer Football Transfers

Liverpool have confirmed they have re-signed Fabio Aurelio on a two-year deal.

As exclusively revealed by skysports.com earlier on Saturday, Liverpool have decided to bring Aurelio back to Anfield just two months after he left the club.

The Brazilian full-back left Liverpool at the end of May following the expiration of his contract.

It was believed Aurelio rejected the offer of a pay-as-you-play deal to stay at Anfield after an injury-ravaged campaign last season.

However, with new Reds boss Roy Hodgson yet to secure a replacement for Aurelio he has decided to bring the 30-year-old back to the club after being impressed by his fitness.

"I asked the club to find out whether Fabio had found a new club," Hodgson told the club's official website.

"When we ascertained that he hadn't, we invited him back to Melwood so both myself and my staff, and the medical team could properly assess the player.

"We were both very impressed and I am delighted we were able to re-sign Fabio."

Aurelio has spoken of his delight at rejoining the club and he hopes he can play his part under the new regime at Anfield

"I feel very pleased and proud," said Aurelio. "It feels like I am signing for the first time - everything has changed so it is like a new beginning for me with new confidence and a new boss.

"Hopefully I can do well this season.

"My aim is to help the team do better than last season. Everything is going really well, so I think we can progress a lot.

"We have made some good additions to the team and we can be very confident."

David Villa has admitted his surprise that Fernando Torres has not joined Chelsea and believes this season is Liverpool's 'last chance' to keep the striker.

Liverpool finished seventh in the Premier League last term and failed to qualify for the UEFA Champions League, leading many to suggest that Torres could soon be on his way out of the club.

Villa concedes that, having spoken to Torres at the World Cup, he expected his Spanish compatriot to link up with Chelsea.

Manchester City have also been linked with a move for Torres but nothing has yet materialised and it looks increasingly likely that he will stay at Anfield.

Villa now feels that Torres may leave next summer unless the Reds can turn their fortunes around over the coming campaign.

"I am actually a little surprised. It looks like Nando is staying," Villa, who joined Barcelona from Valencia before the World Cup, is quoted as saying by the Daily Star Sunday.

"After I spoke with him at the World Cup I thought he would sign for Chelsea.

"I think it must only be that Chelsea did not meet Liverpool's valuation. Because, if they had, I am sure he would have made the move."

He added: "This is Liverpool's last chance to keep him. They have to prove they are capable of challenging on all fronts this season, otherwise he will be gone.

"If Liverpool fail to win anything I am sure he will be at Chelsea next summer."

The reports linking us with Ramires are increasing and it looks like a done deal.I'm sure that means Deco will go back to Brasil because we have to empty a foreigner's slot.

The reports linking us with Ramires are increasing and it looks like a done deal.I'm sure that means Deco will go back to Brasil because we have to empty a foreigner's slot.

Deco is Portugese unsure.gif He is Brazilian by birth by lives in and plays for Portugal..

bit of bright news for liverpool fans...

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he is "committed to the club and fans" and is "looking forward to working with new Reds manager Roy Hodgson".

There had been speculation linking Torres, 26, with a move from Anfield ever since the club failed to qualify for this season's Champions League.

"I am looking forward to the challenge ahead," Torres told the club's website.

"My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed."

The Spain international, who returned to training on Monday after winning the World Cup in South Africa had been linked with a big-money move to Manchester City and Chelsea.

However, Torres, who is recovering from the abductor injury he sustained in the World Cup final against the Netherlands last month, says he is delighted to be back at the club.

"I am really happy to be back, really happy to stay with all my team-mates," he said.

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he is "committed to the club and fans" and is "looking forward to working with new Reds manager Roy Hodgson".

he's been saying that the entire time. it's the BS english media who's making crap up.

Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua's move to Serie A side Fiorentina has fallen through, the Italian club's sporting director has confirmed.

Pantaleo Corvino said they had been unable to agree terms with the Argentine who came to Anfield in January 2007 from Boca Juniors.

The two clubs had agreed a fee last month but discussions with the 21-year-old have proved fruitless.

"Insua is not coming. He had high economic demands," said Corvino.

"I was in talks with the sporting director at Liverpool, who is our guest here, until two this morning.

"At the end we decided to give up on Insua, who will remain in England.

"The player would have entered into Fiorentina's technical and financial plans, but we couldn't reach an agreement with the player. Today, the deal can be considered finished."

Manchester City are reportedly closing in on a deal for former Barcelona starlet Gai Assulin.

Israel international Assulin is thought to be training at City after being released by Barcelona earlier this summer.

Assulin was regarded as one of the best young prospects to come through the ranks at Barca, but he failed to make an impact in the first team due to injury and competition for places

The midfielder made his debut for Barcelona at the age of just 16, but a lack of first-team chances has seen him look elsewhere to continue his career.

The 19-year-old became Israel's youngest ever international when he represented his national team just a few days before he turned 17.

News of Assulin's availability alerted a number of clubs, but it appears City are in pole position to land the player.

City boss Roberto Mancini is keen to bring in some young talent and he could be prepared to loan him out so that he can continue his development before challenging for a spot in City's star-studded line-up.

with their money they are going to beat everyone to the punch.

yeah... Silva signing shows that.. this one was a free transfer though.. we really dont need him.. we urgently need a keeper and an established CB.. I'm getting a bad feeling though as Wenger still says he's "not close" to signing anyone and is mute abt keeper.. while everyone is going on abt how great Koscielny is and that he has all the qualities we need.. which is another way of saying we dont need another CB?

The way things are going with Liverpool takeover though.. we can see you lot going crazy in the winter window.. still hoping no one buys Arsenal.. we are stable financially and tactically.. and dont need a new owner now..

Portuguese club Benfica say they have agreed an ?18m deal to sell Brazil international midfielder Ramires to Premier League champions Chelsea.

The deal is subject to the 23-year-old - who has won 16 caps for Brazil - passing a medical at Stamford Bridge.

Ramires joined the Portuguese giants last summer for ?6.2m from Cruzeiro.

He will become the second player to join Carlo Ancelotti's squad this summer following the arrival of Yossi Benayoun from Liverpool.

Benfica say the deal amounts to 22m euros, which equates to about ?18.2m at current exchange rates.

Ramires, whose full name is Ramires Santos do Nascimento, was praised by Brazil boss Dunga after strong displays in the opening stage of the World Cup in South Africa.

If the deal goes through as expected, Benfica will have to repay ?6m to sports entrepreneur Kia Joorabchian who part-financed the player's transfer from Cruzeiro to the Portuguese club.

Press Association Sport says that this arrangement would not present any difficulty under the Premier League's third party ownership rules.

Benfica president Luis Felipe Vieira said: "Ramires staying at Benfica does not depend solely on us. We have a partner and we must respect the contracts."

On a second thought the Ramires deal makes our chances of signing Bastian Schweinsteiger very slim,a shame really cause I've been a fan since first seeing him play.

Sky Sports News understands that Nice striker Loic Remy is flying in for talks with Stoke.

Remy has been identified as a transfer target by several Premier League clubs this summer, with Liverpool, Tottenham and West Ham all showing an interest.

There were also a couple of options in France but Remy confirmed earlier this week that his preference was a move to England.

Stoke have now entered the chase and are looking to pull off a major coup by beating their domestic rivals to the 23-year-old's signature.

It is thought that Remy is on his way to speak to Tony Pulis and look around the Potters' training ground.

Pulis will be hoping to convince Remy that his future lies at the Britannia Stadium as he looks to bolster his attacking options ahead of the new season.

Stoke had been linked with a move for Carlton Cole earlier in the summer but Pulis insisted this week there was no substance in these rumours, while West Ham do not want to sell anyway.

Sunderland frontman Kenwyne Jones is also believed to be on Stoke's radar.

I get the feeling come tonight, Cesc will be on his way to Barcelona and Barcelona may be ?58,000,000 in debt but transfers fees are usually paid in lumps that should not stop them offering

?50,000,000+ he is worth.

He will make for Barcelona ?20,000,000 in shirt sales and tags.

I hope Wenger buys some defenders and another Wilshire would come in handy as he is a Fabregas and Flammini all in one.

Some of Arsenals long terms injured have come back looking even better, Kieren Gibbs is better than Cashley Cole was at the same age.

I get the feeling come tonight, Cesc will be on his way to Barcelona and Barcelona may be ?58,000,000 in debt but transfers fees are usually paid in lumps that should not stop them offering

?50,000,000+ he is worth.

He will make for Barcelona ?20,000,000 in shirt sales and tags.

I hope Wenger buys some defenders and another Wilshire would come in handy as he is a Fabregas and Flammini all in one.

Some of Arsenals long terms injured have come back looking even better, Kieren Gibbs is better than Cashley Cole was at the same age.

If he leaves we should buy Gourcuff, Pjanic or Sneijder..

Championship side Middlesbrough have rejected Liverpool's bid for goalkeeper Brad Jones.

As revealed by skysports.com earlier on Thursday, Liverpool had lodged a bid for the Australian international.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is keen to bring in Jones to provide cover and competition for No.1 keeper Pepe Reina.

The Reds are believed to have tabled a ?2million bid for the 28-year-old as they look to tie up a deal before the close of the transfer window.

However, Middlesbrough are understood to have shunned Liverpool's bid as Gordon Strachan looks to keep hold of the keeper.

It remains to be seen if Liverpool will come back with a new, improved bid for Jones or switch their attentions elsewhere.

383214581.jpg

West Ham United are delighted to announce the capture of New Zealand FIFA World Cup defender Winston Reid.

The 22-year-old has joined the Hammers on a three-year contract from Danish Superliga club FC Midtjylland for an undisclosed fee. He had a medical on Thursday afternoon and met with the manager Avram Grant at Chadwell Heath. He then headed to the Boleyn Ground to finalise his dream move later in the evening.

Reid becomes the fifth new recruit after Thomas Hitzlsperger, Pablo Barrera, Frederic Piquionne and Tal Ben Haim. Reid had caught the eye at this summer's tournament in South Africa, where he scored a dramatic late equaliser against Slovakia and helped the unheralded All Whites to further impressive draws with Italy and Paraguay.

A towering presence, the North Shore-born player is excited about the prospect of testing himself in the Barclays Premier League following five seasons and more than 80 appearances for Midtylland.

"I am looking forward to getting started," he told whufc.com, while taking his first look around the Boleyn Ground. "My dream has been to come and play in the Premier League and I am happy that I am a West Ham player.

"It has been a mad couple of weeks and the last couple of days have been pretty hectic, so I am just happy to be here now. I am pretty decent fitness-wise. I had a game last Sunday so I am in pretty good nick.

"The World Cup was a life-changing experience and something I will remember forever. I want to bring the positives from that here on the pitch at West Ham.

"This club has great history and the league is one of the best in the world. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead."