2010 Summer Football Transfers

Bradford City youngster Callum Pilkington is poised to complete a switch to Premier League side Liverpool.

The 14-year-old striker is reportedly set to move to Anfield for an undisclosed fee with add-ons set to follow.

Pilkington will become the latest Bantams youngster to move on to a top-flight club and the second in recent seasons to go to Liverpool.

Andre Wisdom swapped Valley Parade for the Reds two years ago, while Fabian Delph, Tom Cleverly, Ben Gordon and Danny Ward have all moved up.

^ 14 years old and he has a pro contract....

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he and Torres left. A decent offer from Real, City, Inter etc... And they'd be off.

they're not going anywhere!

Bayern Munich playmaker Franck Ribery has committed to the German club for another four years, according to newspaper Bild.

Ribery, who will be absent from Saturday's Champions League final against Inter Milan in Madrid due to suspension, was rumoured to be leaving Bayern at the end of the season in favour of a major club in Spain or England.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United had all reportedly shown an interest in the French winger.

But Bild, citing club sources, revealed the new contract would be penned on Saturday when the 27-year-old returns to Madrid from the French national training camp.

The new deal will reportedly keep Ribery at the Allianz Arena until 2015.

Asked about Barcelona’s public tactics of courting the midfielder, Hill-Wood said: “It’s a funny way of doing business. Anyway, Cesc hasn’t left yet, remember.”

There is every possibility that an opening bid of £30m will be faxed through to Arsenal today but Hill-Wood claimed the board and Wenger have not even discussed a fee for the player.

“It’s not an issue,” he said. “We haven’t even discussed it. I don’t know if he will stay. I’ve really got little to say but we very much hope he stays with us and we’re confident he will.”

If Fabregas gets his wish and goes back to his boyhood team before the World Cup starts next month, Hill-Wood says Arsenal will continue to challenge for silverware.

“We have done pretty well without one or two other star players.,” said the chaiman. “I would like Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira and Tony Adams back but they are 10 years too old.

“Although I think we had a very good season I’m confident that we can get better next year.”

rolleyes.gif

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted the club have no intention of selling striker Dimitar Berbatov this summer.

The 29-year-old has struggled to make an impact at Old Trafford following his ?30.75m move from Tottenham in August 2008, scoring only 26 goals since then.

But Ferguson says he has no plans to offload the Bulgarian.

"No, no, definitely not," he said. "He is a fantastic footballer and he will be with us next year.

This is the Ronaldo show all over again. Barcelona and Madrid use the same way to do business. "We are the bosses, you listen! We want your player and we're gonna have it! No matter what!" Play their game, ask for more, much more! Make them pay.

I agree.. they are very disrespectful.. and who the eff is Xavi to say Cesc won't win trophies with us!!? realmad.gif with the team they have and Mourinho possibly moving to Madrid next year.. they could end up without anything too.. rolleyes.gif

I agree.. they are very disrespectful.. and who the eff is Xavi to say Cesc won't win trophies with us!!? realmad.gif with the team they have and Mourinho possibly moving to Madrid next year.. they could end up without anything too.. rolleyes.gif

No offense, Arsenal is a great team but even Cesc stated why he wants to move back to Barcelona. He always had it in him, and he thinks it would be best for his career. I realize it's not up for Xavi to decide but that's his opinion, it's what Cesc wants that matters. And Mourinho? I hope he does come to Real Madrid. I admire his tactics but he is definitely not the best coach in the world. I won't even bother watching the Champions League final, I won't be able to enjoy it anyway, the way Inter plays is just boring.

Barcelona would like to sign Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas "as soon as possible", according to the Spanish side's sporting director Txiki Begiristain.

But Begiristain said Barca also accept Arsenal must have the final say on whether their captain leaves or not.

"I don't know when he will come but I have the impression that he is a Barca [style] player," said Begiristain.

"But what matters is Arsenal. They think he is a very important player for them. We have to respect that."

Last week Fabregas, 23, who joined the Gunners from Barca in 2003, said he would only leave Arsenal for Barcelona.

Barca president Joan Laporta said: "If we believe we must make an effort, we will and we will talk to Arsenal."

But Begiristain conceded Barca must respect Fabregas's contract, which runs until June 2014.

But Begiristain said Barca also accept Arsenal must have the final say on whether their captain leaves or not.

"I don't know when he will come but I have the impression that he is a Barca [style] player," said Begiristain.

"But what matters is Arsenal. They think he is a very important player for them. We have to respect that."

Last week Fabregas, 23, who joined the Gunners from Barca in 2003, said he would only leave Arsenal for Barcelona.

Barca president Joan Laporta said: "If we believe we must make an effort, we will and we will talk to Arsenal."

But Begiristain conceded Barca must respect Fabregas's contract, which runs until June 2014.

Marouane Chamakh completes move to Arsenal

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Moroccan international striker Marouane Chamakh has joined the Gunners on a long-term contract.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted that Marouane Chamakh has joined us. He is a player we have admired for some time now and I know he will provide our squad with great quality. Chamakh has proved he is a great player with his performances for Bordeaux and Morocco in recent seasons and we’re all looking forward to him joining us.

"Chamakh is a striker of real quality and has all the attributes suited to come to England and do very well. He is also a fighter, not only a good football player, but a fighter as well. He is very good in the air and also a good team player. He is a great addition to our squad.”

After completing his move to the Gunners, Chamakh said: “This is a dream come true and a great joy to be joining Arsenal. My goal was always to play in the Premier League and Arsenal was the choice of my heart.

“Without any hesitation, Arsenal was my preferred club. The team and history of Arsenal, they make me dream. My goal was to join Arsenal out of the all the English clubs because it is a club that makes me dream and I have been a fan since I was a child.

“I’m very excited about playing at Emirates Stadium in front of the Arsenal supporters. I have heard many great things about the stadium and I cannot wait to be playing there in an Arsenal shirt.

“I will give my best to this Club, the Club that I used to support. We have many great players at Arsenal and I will be giving everything to help the team win trophies next season.”

Ivan Gazidis, Chief Executive of Arsenal Football Club added: “Arsène has been following the progress of Marouane Chamakh for some time and has identified him as a player that will add significant strength to our squad. We’re delighted that Marouane has chosen Arsenal ahead of the many other clubs that were interested in him.”

Chamakh, who will wear the number 29 shirt for Arsenal, will join up with his new team-mates for pre-season training in July.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/marouane-chamakh-completes-move-to-arsenal

With him in the team.. can we see us going back to 2 up front next season again? Bendy won't be a happy chappy :p

you probably need another couple :p

West Ham have made a bid to sign Barcelona striker Thierry Henry in a move which would see the Frenchman become the highest-paid player in their history.

West Ham joint chairman David Sullivan has revealed he wants to sign the former Arsenal striker and is willing to offer him a two-year deal worth around ?75,000 a week, more than ?7.5m in total.

Sullivan told The Sun: "We're trying to assemble a more prolific strike force at West Ham and I'd love to have Henry here. Our club is in debt but a striker of his quality and standing would make it a great deal."

"Henry is still up there with the best. I've made an offer which would make him the highest-paid player in the club's history. And it's a serious offer because Henry could walk into almost any Premier League side."

Henry, 32, spent eight successful years at Arsenal, winning two league titles and becoming the cub's top scorer. He moved to Barcelona in 2007 and won the Champions League and two Spanish leagues.

However, he struggled for playing time this season and he is expected to leave the club this summer, with reports indicating Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls would be a possible destination

West Ham have made a bid to sign Barcelona striker Thierry Henry in a move which would see the Frenchman become the highest-paid player in their history.

West Ham joint chairman David Sullivan has revealed he wants to sign the former Arsenal striker and is willing to offer him a two-year deal worth around ?75,000 a week, more than ?7.5m in total.

Sullivan told The Sun: "We're trying to assemble a more prolific strike force at West Ham and I'd love to have Henry here. Our club is in debt but a striker of his quality and standing would make it a great deal."

"Henry is still up there with the best. I've made an offer which would make him the highest-paid player in the club's history. And it's a serious offer because Henry could walk into almost any Premier League side."

Henry, 32, spent eight successful years at Arsenal, winning two league titles and becoming the cub's top scorer. He moved to Barcelona in 2007 and won the Champions League and two Spanish leagues.

However, he struggled for playing time this season and he is expected to leave the club this summer, with reports indicating Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls would be a possible destination

What. The. Fuuuuuu-!

Seriously? I mean seriously? :|

morning rumour round up boys (well for me anyways, it 7 am here...)

Premier League - Papers: Rafa to stay at Liverpool

Rafael Benitez is ready to stay at Liverpool, despite weeks of speculation that he will move on to pastures new this summer.

West Ham target Henry

Arsenal complete Chamakh signing

The Reds boss wants to remain on Merseyside "if he is allowed", according to a friend who was quoted in the Daily Mirror.

Juventus and Internazionale have attempted to lure Benitez to Italy, but the Spaniard is confident he can get Liverpool challenging for trophies again despite the uncertainty over the ownership of the club.

There is a similar hullaballoo surrounding the future of James Milner, so Aston Villa have decided to bring forward talks with the midfielder.

The club is keen to establish whether the England man wants to stay at Villa Park and resist a lucrative deal from Manchester City so a meeting with the player and his agent has been scheduled before next month's World Cup. (The Guardian)

City will offer Villa ?20 million plus a choice of players for Milner, with Shaun Wright-Phillips, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards and Stephen Ireland likely to be top of the list. (Mirror)

But City boss Roberto Mancini does not want outcast Robinho back at the club once the Brazilian's loan spell with Santos comes to an end in August. (Mirror)

Arsenal are set to lose Fran Merida to Atletico Madrid, with the Europa League winners on the verge of sealing a five-year deal for the Spain U21 international. (The Sun)

The Daily Mail reports that Avram Grant rejected an offer to return to Chelsea as director of football, the role he occupied at Stamford Bridge before replacing Jose Mourinho as manager.

The Israeli is on the verge of taking over at West Ham on a ?1.3 million-a-year deal - which is less than Chelsea are reportedly offering for the behind-the-scenes role.

Grant and his agent Pini Zahavi have agreed broad details with the Hammers during the week and an official announcement is expected before the end of the month. (The Times)

Tottenham are to sit down and talk with Luka Modric in a bid to keep him from the clutches of Manchester United and Chelsea.

The Croatia schemer is into his second year of a five-year deal, but is not a top earner at White Hart Lane. But Spurs are preparing to reward him for his good form by extending and improving his deal. (Mail)

Wigan have rejected a second offer from Birmingham for Charles N'Zogbia and are believed to be holding out for at least ?12m for the winger. (Mail)

And in other news, Manchester City will have to find ?22m and around ?2.5m a year in wages if they are to lure Uruguay international Edinson Cavani to Eastlands (Daily Star), Sebastian Larsson has broken off contract talks with Birmingham (Mirror) and Barnsley are tracking out-of-favour Stoke striker James Beattie (Mirror).

Steven Gerrard has plunged his Liverpool future into doubt after saying he will consider his options following the World Cup.

Gerrard is away on England duty with Fabio Capello's squad but has faced questions over a possible summer move in the wake of a disappointing season at Anfield.

The Reds missed out on a place in the UEFA Champions League and came seventh in the Premier League under Rafa Benitez's stewardship.

That has led to speculation that the mercurial captain may seek a move elsewhere next season, although he has so far refused to entertain such suggestions despite apparent interest from Real Madrid.

But the 29-year-old, who nearly signed for Chelsea in 2004 before a dramatic U-turn, says he will weigh up his future after the tournament in South Africa.

Gerrard said in the Daily Star Sunday: "I won't consider my future or think about what is going to happen to me until after the World Cup.

"After the World Cup you have three or four weeks of holiday to consider what the next best move will be for you."

Despite his admission, Gerrard says he will not let any transfer gossip distract him from the England cause.

England are chasing a first triumph since their solitary victory in 1966 and the Liverpool man revealed speculation ruined his last World Cup.

Chelsea were also said to be interested in recruiting the Merseyside star in 2006 when England battled it out in Germany with then manager Sven Goran Eriksson.

And the Anfield skipper said he would not repeat the errors of four years ago, where he admitted to tracking the talk over his future.

James Milner has reportedly claimed he would snub advances from both Manchester City and Manchester United in favour of a move to Liverpool.

Earlier this week Aston Villa rejected a ?20million bid from City for the 24-year-old, with Martin O'Neill set to increase his valuation of the player to stave off interest from the free-spending Eastlands outfit.

United are also believed to be in the hunt for the highly-rated midfielder, who is currently in Austria preparing for next month's World Cup with the England squad, but sources close to Milner claim that he will snub any move to Manchester out of loyalty to Leeds United, his boyhood club.

Wortley-born Milner rose through the Whites' academy ranks before making his senior debut in November 2002 and became the youngest ever player to score in the Premier League that season before moving onto Newcastle United two years later.

He has told close friends that he would prefer a move to Anfield but understands that finances continue to remain stretched with interest payments on the club's ?351million debt continuing to rise by over ?110,000 per day.

Meanwhile Steven Gerrard has pledged his future to the club, ending growing speculation of a move to Real Madrid which would see him link up with current Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho.

When asked in a radio interview if he would remain at Liverpool beyond the summer, the Reds captain replied: "I?ve got 3 years left [on my contract] so yes I will be."